Print Story Your attempts at this song are so tragic
Music
By TPD (Wed Mar 22, 2006 at 12:31:41 AM EST) (all tags)
Inside a link to my really struggling attempt at playing Mr Crowley (Worst evar).

Beyond that we're pretty much on target for a content free diary.

Update [2006-3-22 6:23:0 by TPD]:file link now works

Tiebreak: you can take a horse to water but you can't make it ......

My painful attempt to play Mr Crowley (along side a most excellent backing track) can be found here....

the best of several attempts to record where I am last night - still need a lot of work to get the widdly bits in my fingers (as will be obvious to those who listen), lots of wrong notes and lots of places where I'm not even in the ballpark or playing simplified versions etc. But I'll carry on working on it one day I'll nail it (yeah right).

Might have another attempt at it tonight.

I think my wife is an ebayholic.

< Oh, and while you're out there... | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Your attempts at this song are so tragic | 25 comments (25 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Tiebreakages by DesiredUsername (4.00 / 2) #1 Wed Mar 22, 2006 at 02:31:26 AM EST
...to the theater on time.
...with an underage girl.

Mrs U was addicted to ebayhol for about a year but eventually gave it up when she realized all the problems it has (mainly stupid users). Last night she asked me about MovableType. I thought I was the person most behind the internet curve, but she makes me look like....the most advanced person on the Web. Bill Gates? CmdrTaco? Well, whoever.

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline

Ebayhol. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #7 Wed Mar 22, 2006 at 03:28:39 AM EST
Currently, Google finds three examples of that brilliant word.

Tiebreak by Cloaked User (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Mar 22, 2006 at 02:46:14 AM EST
Dance the macarena

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.
hey! by TPD (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed Mar 22, 2006 at 02:49:33 AM EST
macarena

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
I have no-one to blame but myself by Cloaked User (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Mar 22, 2006 at 03:28:05 AM EST
But I'm going to blame you for the song being stuck in my head now, as it only started when I read your reply.

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.
but having the macarena by TPD (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Mar 22, 2006 at 04:03:36 AM EST
on constant loop going round your head.....

that can only be a good thing right?

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM

IAWTP by Dr H0ffm4n (4.00 / 1) #22 Thu Mar 23, 2006 at 12:13:12 AM EST
Only bettered by
a) Las Ketchup
b) Do the shake 'n vac and put the freshness back.

Tiebreak by komet (4.00 / 1) #4 Wed Mar 22, 2006 at 03:05:46 AM EST
you can take a horse to water but you can't make it fuck you up the arse and expect to survive

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.
Equestrian by Vulch (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed Mar 22, 2006 at 03:09:00 AM EST

you can take a horse to water but you can't make it win the 2:35 at Lingfield.

Top effort! by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #9 Wed Mar 22, 2006 at 04:07:36 AM EST
Mr Crowley's got some really hard parts on it.

I look forward to your rendition of Mr Scary.

TieBreaker:
You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her appreciate art and literature.

Mr Crowley's got some really hard parts on it. by TPD (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Mar 22, 2006 at 04:32:15 AM EST
Of course I can't really play those parts!

"I look forward to your rendition of Mr Scary"....
sure just give me a year or 10 to get up to speed, maybe in the mean time you could show us how it's done?

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM

Unfortunately by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #16 Wed Mar 22, 2006 at 06:52:10 AM EST
CAB's brother and gf are in the spare room for the next 2 weeks.  And my ADC died and is currently with Tascam.

So, for the next 2 weeks I can't even practice, and even then I can't record ><

Tiebreak: by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #11 Wed Mar 22, 2006 at 04:40:43 AM EST

think! Oh, wait, that's "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." My bad. I always get those two lines jumbled.

More importantly, I'm having a hell of a time getting the track to download. It keeps trying to give me html instead of mp3.

yeah it's on one of these by TPD (4.00 / 1) #14 Wed Mar 22, 2006 at 06:00:09 AM EST
sure we'll host your file if you act as an advertising billboard sites, you have to wait for the timer and then click the downloadlink I can email you the file if you want?

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
I finally got it by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #15 Wed Mar 22, 2006 at 06:09:10 AM EST

And it's much more rockin' than you give yourself credit for, good sir!

Tie break by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #12 Wed Mar 22, 2006 at 04:54:02 AM EST
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it sink

Now how do I try and hide my attempts to become the West Midlands' finest horse rustler?

Tie break... by ana (4.00 / 1) #13 Wed Mar 22, 2006 at 05:01:47 AM EST
But first, the backstory.

Years ago, in my first teaching job, the slang for tipping one's hand about the contents of an upcoming exam was called horsing. Sometimes, alas, the kiddies didn't get it. Hence the following saying:

You can lead a horse to water, but sometimes it takes 14 pounds of suction on the other end to get him to drink.

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM

Also, comma, by ana (4.00 / 1) #18 Wed Mar 22, 2006 at 08:42:59 AM EST
This is a pretty cool track. Improvements would make it awesome.

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM

Tiebreak by yicky yacky (4.00 / 1) #17 Wed Mar 22, 2006 at 07:12:48 AM EST

soluble

Also: \m/, Rock. Quality noodles.

----
Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
My good sir by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #19 Wed Mar 22, 2006 at 10:00:21 AM EST
Your guitar work is coming along at warp speed!

At the risk of showing my bald head I tip my cap to you.

Where did you get the backing track for that?

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

I think it was somewhere on by TPD (2.00 / 0) #21 Wed Mar 22, 2006 at 12:22:54 PM EST
www.Guitars101.com (IIRC), I can email it if you are interested in having a stab

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
Thanks by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #23 Thu Mar 23, 2006 at 04:10:38 AM EST
I'm not sure I'm in any shape to have a go at that right now, still can't play for much more than 5 or 10 minutes before the forearm starts to hurt. Not that I could play that anyways :)

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Bugger by TPD (2.00 / 0) #24 Thu Mar 23, 2006 at 05:02:15 AM EST
I hadn't realised you were still suffering, but I guess it's some time off from the guitar to perfect your keyboard skills!

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
It's much better by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #25 Thu Mar 23, 2006 at 05:09:25 AM EST
I'm hoping a couple more weeks of (mostly) rest and it will be back to normal. At least I can play a little now.

But yeah, my right hand is making steady progress on the keyboard, it's going to be way ahead of the left by the time it's all healed.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

eBayaholics aren't just women. by calla (4.00 / 1) #20 Wed Mar 22, 2006 at 10:33:05 AM EST
I know a guy who has a problem.