Print Story Spring has sprung!
Health
By georgeha (Mon Mar 20, 2006 at 07:48:59 AM EST) love triangles, New Wave, over the top, my arse hurts (all tags)
I can walk around barefoot, though if I go outside I have to put boots on, since it's freezing outside with a trace amount of snow, and more possible snow in the forecast.

Plus, more drugs, Jules et Jim, corned beef and cabbage and the Ring of Fire, finicky sewing machines and less.

Poll: Favorite sign of Spring?

Ah yes, spring in the North. It's still freezing out, there's snow on the ground, and there's a possibility of more snow. But, we look to be getting highs in the upper 30's by the end of the week.

It wasn't a great weekend. Friday was nice, it was good to hang out with a married couple that have a decent relationship and still have sex. Otherwise,  the pain in my feet kept building and building, ibuprofen is only doing so much. I think I shall pester my MD for a regular prescription, waiting for the sales rep to drop off drugs is too painful, literally.

Speaking of other couples, we know a few in dire situations. But, they have not confided in me, so I can't offer some of my hard earned knowledge, I can only pass it to Mrs. Ha and hope she has a chance to pass it along. Marriage is hard, and ours paradoxically is one of the better ones I know.

I made corned beef and cabbage for Saturday's dinner, and we had leftover's for Sunday's dinner,  and we'll be making Rueben's for tonight's dinner. All this Irish cuisine reminded me this morning of a Johnny Cash song, a Ring of Fire, ouch!

Saturday's movie was the highly acclaimed Jules et Jim, a movie about a long term love triangle between an Austrian, Jules, a Frenchman Jim, and a woman Catherine. We kind of thought all legs of the triangle were there, but then again those Yerpians can be more affectionate with each other than American men are. It was very good, though again we thought we missed quite abit because of the language.

I'll have to try and get Y Tu Mama, Tambien out of the IP depository next, since it's similarly themed. It's apparently more explicit, though Truffaut said he wanted to make Jules Et Jim mor explicit, but it was 1962 so what could you do?

In yet another Rochester is a small town moment, I ran into one of our developers while at the Goodwill with Mrs. Ha Sunday.

Mrs. Ha dragged out the sewing machine last night, which enworsened my mood. It's a finicky piece of machinery, which meant that I had to wait for Mrs. Ha and nine year old to finish getting frustrated with it before they'd let me take over and wind the bobbins and thread it. This was frustrating, because they wouldn't let me do it right away, so I had to lurk by it until they got frustrated, like I knew they would. Aren't women supposed to be innately good at running sewing machines?

I'm sure I've done this poll before, but I really can't be arsed to be more creative. What's your favorite sign of Spring?

< Fairytale of New York | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Spring has sprung! | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I have no joke by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #1 Mon Mar 20, 2006 at 08:03:27 AM EST

I just like saying "Irish Cuisine". Mmmm, boiled whatever! Nothing removes flavor quite like boiling.

that's why god invented flavor crystals. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Mar 20, 2006 at 08:08:19 AM EST
just poor more flavor crystals from god (salt) onto it, and it'll be fine.

This requires asking your opinion on by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #7 Mon Mar 20, 2006 at 08:35:25 AM EST
sel de garlic

Evil by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #8 Mon Mar 20, 2006 at 08:44:50 AM EST
Maybe not "Saddam does so have wmd" evil, but at least Diet Coke levels of evil.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

I actually prefer by garlic (2.00 / 0) #11 Mon Mar 20, 2006 at 10:03:16 AM EST
garlic pepper.

You like like a rug! by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Mar 20, 2006 at 08:14:27 AM EST
The predominant flavor is salty, and boiling just makes it saltier!

That reminds me of a kute kid anekdote.

We had Porsche-girl over Saturday, she likes to pour salt into her hand and eat it. Four year old saw this and tried it, now she wants a salt shaker with every meal.

How long, do you think, until Tequila is added by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon Mar 20, 2006 at 08:17:50 AM EST

Slippery slope! Slippery slope! Slippery slope!

A month and a half by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon Mar 20, 2006 at 08:20:49 AM EST
Cinco De Mayo season! I still have to get my Cinco De Mayo costume put together, as well as my Besame tee shirt.

It is early yet by cam (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Mar 20, 2006 at 08:27:59 AM EST
but breasts are winning 4-0.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

Sewing is a skill, by calla (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Mar 20, 2006 at 09:28:03 AM EST
not innate.

A woman that can't operate a sewing machine would be cast out of Utah. As with most young mormon women, I was taught sewing and womanly stuff in church.

Mrs. Ha wasn't trained very domestically by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #10 Mon Mar 20, 2006 at 10:00:29 AM EST
and I don't think she or nine year old can really commune with machines like a finicky sewing machine needs.

Most women our generation and younger by calla (2.00 / 0) #13 Mon Mar 20, 2006 at 01:06:12 PM EST
weren't trained in the domestic arts. I find that my skills are rare.

Comment sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #14 Mon Mar 20, 2006 at 04:45:45 PM EST
Latter-Day Saints

Poll complaint by Rogerborg (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon Mar 20, 2006 at 11:15:47 AM EST
Why have a multi-choice if you only have one variant of "breasts"?

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
WIPO by Bartleby (2.00 / 0) #15 Tue Mar 21, 2006 at 01:23:09 AM EST
I saw the first flock of wild geese heading east this morning. Oh to be Nils Holgersson for one day...Cold and snow just won't go away this year, but the sun is back to shining into my living room (and to shining in the first place, after a stretch of cloudy and foggy days) in the morning, and you're actually getting warm sitting there. Time to relocate breakfast from my gloomy kitchen again.

Spring has sprung! | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback