Print Story Meat and beer
Food
By ad hoc (Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 07:03:36 AM EST) meat, beer (all tags)

Meat and beer

Update [2006-3-17 12:17:42 by ad hoc]: ObCyclingLink

Ran into Pink's BF (The Arborist) on the street last week. Haven't seen him in ages and ages, so we made plans for beer and meat. So last night we had lots of beer and meat.

It seems Pink and The Arborist are splitting up and he's already reattached, but still living with Pink until the least runs out. He describes this multi-female co-ordination as "difficult".

We went to Redbones in Davis Square, one of my favorite places. We both got The Barbecue Belt, mostly because it had the highest meat to non-meat ratio of any item on the menu. Neither of us could finish it. After dinner, we went upstairs and had a few more beers.

Redbones has 20 beers¹ on tap and any one time. There was something called a Hercules double IPA. Strong stuff. I'd never heard of double IPA. We also tried something I can't remember the name of, but tasted like it was spiked with cider.

There was a party of some kind going on at one of the tables. Don't know who it was, but it must have been someone from the Redsox front office or something, becuase in the middle of dinner, we got a visit by Wally, the Green Monster. I was surprised he could get down the stairs.

There's a possibility that The Arborist will become a HuSi'ite.

¹ Includes cider and some other non-beers.

Today is Evacuation Day. So how are you spending the holiday?

I think I'm getting ill. It's been coming on for a few days, but I think last night's meat and beer fest tipped the balance. I'm on my third gallon of tea and the throat isn't any better. I see a sofa with my name on it. I'd watch a movie, but I think I'm on Netflix's throttle list. I returned two on Monday, but haven't received any replacement yet.

Tomorrow is the Diabetes Expo and I'll be working the cycling booth. I hope I've recovered by then.

A cool old guy in the neighborhood died a couple days ago. He used to spend most days sitting on his stoop whittleing little animal figurines he'd pass out to little kids as they walked by. He also did face painting at all the neighborhood events. Someone put a big flower wreath on his stoop yesterday with a sign that said "Charlie's Spot". He was one of the eccentric characters that used to give this neighborhood a unique feel. He'll be missed.

A parting video

Ach, my throat is killing me. Time for more tea.

Have a super swell weekend.

< My nuts, my nuts, my lovely toasty nuts | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Meat and beer | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
No North Carolina pulled pork barbeque? by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 07:17:43 AM EST
you know, in a vinegary sauce? How can they discriminate so!

That's what I usually get by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 07:19:00 AM EST
for lunch. In a sandwich. But I wanted meat on the bone.

MMmmm Meat.
Close friendships and a private room can offer most of the things love does.

I'm thinking we walked around Davis Square by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #6 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 07:23:08 AM EST
about a decade ago when we went to Boston. We were meeting a friend for dinner at a Mexican place on Mass and took the T down to Davis Square for a bit. I liked it better than Harvard Square.

I think I saw you. by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #7 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 07:28:07 AM EST
This was right after the Sox got bounced by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #8 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 07:30:06 AM EST
so the HoJO near Fenway had lots of openings. We stopped by a Matthew Shepard thingie at MIT too (the friend worked there), maybe we saw you there? Near the food truck.

I think I was in Somerville that day. by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 07:31:18 AM EST
Don't let's start. by blixco (4.00 / 1) #10 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 07:43:15 AM EST
But that is not barbequeue.  That is roast pork in vinegar with red pepper, a bastardisation of a portuguese dish that has nothing to do with fire and smoke.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
I can't tell you... by toxicfur (4.00 / 1) #13 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 09:00:43 AM EST
how excited I was that Redbones has North Carolina-style pulled pork. There is some Southern food that I really miss, and when I find a place that has that sort of comfort food, it makes me really happy.

The only thing about Redbones that was a little odd was that they served their fried okra (yum) with a side of salsa (um, huh?).

We need to have a Husi-lunch there After Deadline.
damn it, lif eis actually really *far4 too good at tghe momnent, shboyukbnt;t whilen. --Dr Thrustgood

I like that video by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 07:18:41 AM EST
I wonder, is the arc expected when the switch opened ? Did something trip it ? Was the arc formed by part of the wire melting, and forming conductive gas/plasma ?

I'd guess that normally happens when the switch opens, since the guys were filming it ?

Dunno by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #4 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 07:19:50 AM EST
But if there were there with a camera, it doesn't seem like an accident.
Close friendships and a private room can offer most of the things love does.
Not only filming it by DesiredUsername (4.00 / 2) #5 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 07:19:54 AM EST
but the guy near the end looks pretty casual.

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
+1 by joh3n (4.00 / 1) #11 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 07:49:24 AM EST
Diary discusses meat and beer.

----

ant the art of arborariums by cam (4.00 / 1) #12 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 08:34:47 AM EST
Strawberry Pancakes by Weapon of Pack Destruction (4.00 / 1) #14 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 07:46:15 PM EST
YUO BASTARD!  I watched all 420 townspeople get wasted!

Strep throat seems to be making the rounds.  Antibiotics knocks it right down.

Meat and beer | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback