This morning at 6:10a, 14:10a Irish time.

This morning at 6:20a, 14:20-ish who knows where.

Gary peed into a cup, then added red bull and vodkie.  Vodka.  Wodka.  He then handed that to a guy to give to another guy, who proceeded to drink it.  The moral of this story: never piss off an Irishman.

I am not Irish, and I'll never claim to be.

I was on my way to work one morning when a Camaro with deep Texas mullets at the wheel pulled up next to me.  My usual blissfully ignorant self, I didnlt notice they were signalling left in a right-turn-only lane.  He meant to leap ahead of me.

But when the light turns green I go.  Quick-like.  And he had to pull in behind me and make a lot of horn honking, engine revving noises.

He pulled up to my left at the next light.  for you UKians, that's where we keep our steering wheels, the left hand side like God intended.  Anyhow, he pulls up, his passenger rolls down the winder, and I look over.  The passenger, he flips me off, then the winder rolls back up.  When the light turns green, I take off like you read about.  Shift into second hard, tires chirp.  Into third.  Third. Where's fucking third?  I jam it into gear, third's been giving me problems.  And ya know what?

I'm in first.

Jogging the Blues.

Headed down 2nd, leaving Fado for work.  I had a pub breakfast: beans, eggs, sausage (four types, incl black sausage) and grilled ham, plus some cheap wheat bread.  I also had four or five or so Guiness.  So I'm heading to work hours later, and I'm on 2nd.  A woman is jogging, and she looks like my friend Mary, except her hair is super short and bright yellow down the middle, dark on either side, but it's all sort of sweated down onto her head.  She's jacked into her iPod, she's in tight-fitting jogging things.  She looks over at me.  I'm sort of staring, slightly off kilter.

She laughed and started off again.  I was singing along to Manu Chao at the top of my lungs.  It's been a very good morning.

This morning at 6:11a

< on with the new | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Oh fuck. | 26 comments (26 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I am my own first comment. by blixco (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 06:38:04 AM EST
+1 FP!
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
It's sort of like talking to yourself. by blixco (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 06:53:01 AM EST
Which I do quite a lot.  Ask gabe.

---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

It's too bad I can't rate my by blixco (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 06:53:48 AM EST
own comments, I'd give that a one or a two.  Ugly looking mofo.  It's too early for that sort of damage.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
Instead of berating by blixco (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 06:54:16 AM EST
myself, I think I'll have some coffee.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
We need a bigger boat. by blixco (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 07:09:25 AM EST
Salsashark! just ate my breakfast burrito.  Which they call a "breakfast taco" here in Texas because, let's face it, they're Texan.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
Can't you have an argument? by jimgon (4.00 / 1) #9 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 07:14:58 AM EST
It's obvious that you are multiple personalities.  So you should be able to pull this off easily.

---------------
No, by blixco (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 07:39:22 AM EST
this is all the same persnality.  It's just on eleven today, instead of the usual five or six.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
Eleven? by jimgon (4.00 / 1) #15 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 08:28:08 AM EST
I remember when you were simply intense.  And that reminded me of being at a Rollins concert.

---------------
same guy ? by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #5 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 06:58:33 AM EST
I mean, pics in diary don't look like the userpic in the comments.

Nope. by blixco (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 07:08:26 AM EST
The guy in the diary is Gary, and the guy elsewhere is me.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
You need by joh3n (4.00 / 1) #14 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 07:56:36 AM EST
at least 3 more monitors in that room.  GET TO IT

----

Dude, by blixco (2.00 / 0) #16 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 08:31:15 AM EST
I have at least sixteen monitors in that goddamn room.  At least five of them are 19" LCD.  You want one?
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
Yes by joh3n (2.00 / 0) #17 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 09:14:15 AM EST
name your price

----

I only talk to myself by iGrrrl (4.00 / 1) #18 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 10:30:08 AM EST
When there's someone else in the room.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

I can attest to that. by toxicfur (4.00 / 1) #22 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 03:36:25 PM EST
Although if someone talks to oneself and there's no one around to hear it...
I grew a pair of balls for a while, and felt the high that well-wielded genitals can induce. - Norah Vincent, Self-Made Man
hey, blix, honey? by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 1) #8 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 07:12:05 AM EST
i still want requiem...can you upload it somewhere?
Send me to Austria!
I dunno. by blixco (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 07:37:30 AM EST
I don't have that sort of space randomly available.  Let me see what I can do after I sober up.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
*undying love* by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 1) #26 Sun Mar 19, 2006 at 06:52:15 AM EST
oh, and, dont forget devotion...
Send me to Austria!
I did not wear green today by webwench (4.00 / 2) #10 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 07:36:12 AM EST
and have received not even the first pinch. My clever ploy is not working, it seems. My, how things have changed since grade school :(

"What's the point of wearing your favorite rocketship underpants if nobody ever asks to see 'em?"

Well, damn. by blixco (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 07:38:21 AM EST
I'm wearing my IRL jersey, but that's not unusual.

If you were here, I'd find someone to pinch you.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

I wear green every day by theboz (4.00 / 1) #21 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 02:38:11 PM EST
So I don't have to worry about getting pinched, and if I want it, I just have to pinch first.
- - - - -
I Am Drunk At Work by CheeseburgerBrown (4.00 / 1) #19 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 12:27:05 PM EST
Wheeeeee!

so unfair by 606 (2.00 / 0) #23 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 04:50:41 PM EST
I spent the day learning about object oriented software analysis and design and is was just as amazing as that sounds. Ie not much.

-----
imagine dancing banana here
green makes you look skinny<nt> by yankeehack (4.00 / 1) #20 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 02:26:03 PM EST

That's not me! by blixco (2.00 / 0) #25 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 08:28:02 PM EST
It's Gary.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
man... by 606 (4.00 / 1) #24 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 04:53:16 PM EST
7:50 pm and I'm sure all the bars are full now. Aww man....

Vodka is chilling in the fridge.

-----