Bingobongo is a member of the domain.

Windows XP 64bit: don't do it.  Don't order it, install it, or support it.  Don't let friends or co-workers talk you into it.  Don't let anyone you like work with it.

Microsoft doesn't fully support it yet.  There are only game titles and server apps that support x64 extensions.  You don't need them.  You won't use them.  Stay away.  Stay far far away.

LONG TERM EXPOSURE TO BREASTS CAUSES BLINDNESS.

You girls are all in trouble, then.

Tomorrow.

Tomorrow is St Drunkards day, and I plan on not being drunk.  Because I take a whole lot of NSAIDs and my liver and stomach lining need all the help they can get.  So I'll have a glass or two or Middleton, have some food, hang out with crazy Irishman Gary, and pack it in early.

There is a free Morningwood show at La Zona Rosa, they'll be on stage at 11:40am-ish.

I do plan on getting into at least two fights.  And the entire IT department (myself and Gabe) will be leaving early, so if you need any maintenance or have any software issues or you can't connect to the network or the internet fails you, you are out of luck.  Can I suggest turning it off, then tuning it on again?

Tuesday.

Tuesday was Dr Wife's birthday.  I purchased girly spa-type material and a lavender plant for her, and we went to dinner at Hudson's on the Bend, a fancy place run by Jeff Blank, who apparently knows my old man or vice-versa.  Anyhow, we went there and had $100 worth of wine and $200 worth of food. That's pure crazy, right there, though it was very very good, and the service was amazing.

Guilt.

I felt guilty and whatnot for spending a month's salary on a night of food so I have given the same amount to the local food bank.  Pure unadulterated liberal guilt.  I'm also going to match each meal out (lunch and dinner, since I don't eat breakfast) with a dollar-for-dollar donation to the local food bank.  This will 1) curb some of the eating out I do at lunch and 2) end up being a decent contribution to the food bank.  It is a win-win situation!  Thank goodness for guilt!

The Loss of Innocence was Delayed by Bomb Runs.

My distant friend Michelle is sending long drug-fueled rants to her remaining USian friends about the conditions in various eastern European countries.  Seems she's finding a spark for her activism again.  She was so heavily burned out by Bush stealing the election and the resultant police state, she gave up her citizenship.  She's been floating, a political exile, from drug den to drug den.

Now she seems to be finding her footing, but her rants are very close to crazy.  I am worried, but what can I do?  Nothing.  Not a thing.  I have done what I can.

The Rest of the World is Sleeping.

I have no love for any of you.

Just kidding.

< the one-line secret to ordinary diff eq | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
I don't have love for your cat. | 27 comments (27 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
tunnels by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #1 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 07:03:30 AM EST
There's no light at the end of the tunnel because the tunnel never ends except in death. Instead, there are lighter and darker parts of the tunnel.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
I'll take it! by blixco (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 07:06:51 AM EST
Lighter, zippo, nightvision, candle, whatever.  Just no cursing the darkness!
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
but... but... by 256 (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 07:14:08 AM EST
the Godhead!
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni
Right at the end of the Godphallus by Forbidden (2.00 / 0) #19 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 11:21:25 AM EST
We exist only in the urethra of His whims.

You once was.
That's pretty silly. by blixco (2.00 / 0) #21 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 11:57:47 AM EST
Yet concise and accurate.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
Google knows what will make you feel better by riceowlguy (4.00 / 1) #4 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 07:21:34 AM EST
Crazy Frog Ringtonez!!!11!one

I feel better! by blixco (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 07:34:53 AM EST
About what, I do not know.  You kids and your google.  Sheeesh.  When I was a kid, we had to know things.  Or find them in the encyclopedia brittanica.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
ObWIPO by yicky yacky (4.00 / 1) #6 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 07:44:18 AM EST

Aye, but it's a freight train coming the other way.

----
Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
Pure unadulterated liberal guilt. by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 08:20:22 AM EST
Which is why the conservatives will always win! Muahahahahah ha ha!

There is no light. But there is no tunnel, either.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

You better be kidding by jimgon (4.00 / 1) #8 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 08:23:37 AM EST
I have a four year old who loves that damn cat.

Now I'm getting all weepy.

See what you've done?

Bastard.

---------------

breasts cause blindness ? by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #9 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 08:36:03 AM EST
are you mixing up correlation vs causation again ? What's your palm look like ?

Nope. by blixco (4.00 / 1) #10 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 08:59:01 AM EST
It was a subject of an email, so it must be true.  QE motherfuckin' D.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
motherfuckin' q ? by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #11 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 09:14:27 AM EST
what you gotta bring him into this for ?

I bring him by blixco (4.00 / 2) #12 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 09:23:11 AM EST
into everything.

Don't you see how perfect he is?

He'll fix everything.  Just you wait.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

"I have no love for any of you." by calla (4.00 / 1) #13 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 10:23:37 AM EST
What are you trying to do here - become f'ing duxup?

Just a little tip - we get our love from duxup. We get our angst from you.

I've always by blixco (4.00 / 1) #14 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 11:02:00 AM EST
had love, it's been one of my tenets.  Have you not beein reading my stuff?
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
Your love is not the pure duxup love. by calla (2.00 / 0) #22 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 12:51:58 PM EST
Your love is a tool to get through the angst.

Of course I read your stuff, I've been addicted for years. Are you gettin' soft man?

Nope. by blixco (4.00 / 1) #23 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 01:02:47 PM EST
I'm getting old.  And I am, of course, allowed to mutate.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
Mutate into something by calla (4.00 / 1) #24 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 01:35:56 PM EST
like this:
The Incredible Melting Man!!!

That would be cool!!!

Angst and MFC entries by Forbidden (4.00 / 2) #20 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 11:25:39 AM EST
Though I'm sure duxup could pull a mean cover of any given Queen song.

You once was.
La Zona Rosa??? by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #15 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 11:10:49 AM EST

On the corner of Carl and Haight? Dude, that place is fucking TINY! I can't believe they're gonna have a band there!

Oh, wait. Crap. Wrong city.

Also, Dr. Wife is almost MisterQueue!

Oh wait. Crap. Did I just reveal something I shouldn't have?

Also, I'm pretty sure what you refer to as "liberal guilt" is actually "libertarian guilt", and I commend it. "Liberal guilt" would be more along the lines of you spending a fortune on dinner, then insisting that everyone else on earth donate same said amount to a federally-funded food shelter, which would then squander 75% of the money on "administrative fees and overhead", eventually giving what rotten scraps remained to whoever had the most patience for standing in line on the first of the month.

Maybe it is by blixco (4.00 / 1) #16 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 11:12:45 AM EST
libertarian guilt!

And queue and my wife have nothing in common.  At all.  Trust me.  I am intimately familiar with both of them.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

But they were both born on almost the same day! by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #17 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 11:16:12 AM EST
"Oh, you're from Chicago? I know a guy from Chicago... Maybe you know him!
I still get: by blixco (4.00 / 1) #18 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 11:18:39 AM EST
"My neighbor Jim works at Dell.  Did you know him?  Jim Huffnagle?  Uswed to work for a guy named Dave?  Works...I dunno...something with computers."

I always say yes, then go on about ow I'm not allowed to talk about him for vague HR reasons.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

police state? by MillMan (4.00 / 1) #25 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 02:17:38 PM EST
she should have stuck around for the real police state, coming soon after the bombing of Iran and oil at $120 a barrel...

Everybody still hates me in this city and I hate everybody.

$$$ by bruno (4.00 / 1) #26 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 07:14:05 PM EST
I remember a couple years ago, my wife and I went to eat some good food for my birthday.  We had never been to the restaurant before, but heard it was good and kind of expensive.  Well, we were somewhat drunk when we arrived, and discovered that it was a very easy thing to spend $200 on food, $100 on wine, and god knows what I left for tip (75 or 90 bucks?).  I remember having an absolutely incredible meal, each dish better than the next and drinking a ton of different wines.  We had a freakin wine steward that informed us of many things as we took a trip through time, around the world and back again, leaving us too drunk to drive home.  It was an amazing time.  I never did donate to the food bank though.  Never occurred to me.  (And I call myself a liberal??)

However, even after spending that much on amazing food, the best meal I ever had was down in some dark basement called Luigi's Grotto somewhere in Seattle...and that was probably about 30 bucks for the both of us.  I've eaten some amazing meals under 10 bucks too.  Food is a lot like art.

True, by blixco (2.00 / 0) #27 Fri Mar 17, 2006 at 05:02:03 AM EST
Used to be this roadhouse near the house on Manor that we lived at for a coupla'.  The roadhouse was called Patos.

On Sunday mornings we'd go and get Jamaican Jerk Enchiladas and Migas.

Best. Food. Ever.  And for $14.
---------------------------------