Print Story another Quickie
By StackyMcRacky (Wed Mar 15, 2006 at 10:18:52 AM EST) (all tags)
crap, crap, more crap.

I now truly hate clock's $stbx.  I hate the games she's playing, and the lies she's living (all at his expense).  Most of all, I hate that actions like hers translate to "typical woman," and those of us who are close to decent human beings have to work that much harder to prove it.  She and her lawyer are standing on their soap boxes declaring how they're model women and such wonderful feminists.....my ass.  I can't even begin to describe the blind rage it puts me in.

My policy of "just do my job" seems to be paying off.  I was complimented yesterday for being so helpful and not fighting the system, like so many others.  I'm still working to change the system, and have already made some progress.  BTW, my meeting with HR a few weeks ago really paid off.  The woman said what I told her really filled in the gaps and made her understand why we responded how we did on our surveys.  When she met with the whole group a few days later, she was prepared enough to cut to the chase rather quickly.  Here's hoping!

I'm still chewing on the BSG finale.  I suppose I won't have any good context for it until next season starts.  Either it will be brilliant or stupid as hell.

Clock and I are quickly settling into routines.  He started work this week, and thinks it won't be a bad gig.  We're still constantly surprised the other person is actually helpful and doesn't spend his/her time screaming and shouting at the other.  This will fade in time.  Life is happy, and we both sleep soundly at night.

In important news, clock was convinced that Ikea has the best-priced bookcases.  HA HA HA!  If I weren't so lazy, I'd post all those k5 argument threads we had just to be an ass.

Sunday we picked up more flamingo crap.  Oh yes, the back yard ROCKS!  If my asshole neighbors hadn't broken (read: totally shattered, and won't admit to it) my table, we'd probably be eating out there every night.

That's all I have time for now.

< Nuclear thoughts on vacation | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
another Quickie | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Backyard Table Solution: by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 2) #1 Wed Mar 15, 2006 at 10:50:58 AM EST

Take a section of roof from the neighbor's house and make a new table. Then take the top half of the neighbor's skull, and make an ashtray out of it. You'll have to use a bonesaw, and then boil the flesh off it, which should take, oh, about 8 or 9 hours. You may want to boil it outside, as the smell, I'm told, is quite heinous. Then, when you're done, you can clock go to a nice cigar store, buy something expensive, come home, and smoke it, ashing in Artpiece Formerly Known As Neighbor's Skull!

Man, sometimes I think I missed my calling by not becoming a talk radio fix-it host...

saws? boiling? by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 2) #2 Wed Mar 15, 2006 at 10:58:46 AM EST
hell no!  i'll just pass the skull off to porschea, and she'll have it cleaned up inside of a few hours.  of course, this assumes she treats "human head" like "deer head".

Damn, why didn't I think of that... by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed Mar 15, 2006 at 11:09:13 AM EST

This dogless life is BRINGING ME DOWN!

What's holding you back? by calla (4.00 / 1) #4 Wed Mar 15, 2006 at 12:50:43 PM EST
Cross-country trips with pets are great fun!!!

Don't forget to reserve the brain by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed Mar 15, 2006 at 12:57:28 PM EST
You can use it to tan their hide.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Now what is she doing? by Forbidden (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Mar 15, 2006 at 01:05:36 PM EST
Feminist? What?

You once was.
settle! by clock (4.00 / 1) #7 Wed Mar 15, 2006 at 03:28:19 PM EST
that ikea shit is a little over the top.  in the case of the bookshelves, it was a good bang for the buck.  but i'm not going back.  unless it's for that other stuff i can't think of right now because i'm looking at your ass while you're doing up your lunch for tomorrow.

mmm...yeah.  anyway.  where was i?

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

never fail to appreciate it by iGrrrl (4.00 / 2) #8 Wed Mar 15, 2006 at 04:52:22 PM EST

Unsolicited advice:  Never stop thanking the other person for the little things.  Notice and say something when they take out the garbage, or empty the dishwasher, or vaccuum, or mow the lawn, or fix your coffee cup to go.  The surprise may fade, but don't let the appreciation go with it.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

Oh! Powerful, mighty, astute iGrrrrrrl! by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Mar 16, 2006 at 05:07:20 AM EST
I'd give you a 14 if I was an editor! Truer words have never been said.

My beloved wife handles all the laundry and the ironing and always picks up clothes for me at the best prices. She also single-handedly planned and executed our next vacation. and did a spectacular job. THAT'S why I stay married - well aside from the fact that she's amazingly beautiful and she actuall deigned to be married to me for some reason...

another Quickie | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback