- I took the last train to clarksville oer the weekend to visit my sister and niece and nephew and whatnot. Firstly, let me just say that my little niece is just the most lovable little 8 year old on the planet, and secondly my little nephew went from a cool little 10 year old to this 11 year old monster. Crikey, I don't know how you parents do it cause I could never raise kids, unless they stayed 8 all the time. As a side note my sister, God bless her, has some right hot friends. Crikey.
- I was at Okay Buy and went to purchase the Playboy Lesbian video but grabbed the Grateful Dead Truckin to Buffalo video by mistake. Well, I didn't notice it until I got home and decided to keep it, as it would surely give me the chance to make a close-up study of what smelly tree-hugging liberal hippies look like. Indeed, make a hippie case study of it if you will.
Firstly, Gerry looks, well, big and smelly. Seriously, you can almost smell him just by watching the video. Secondly, the audience screams and cheers at the start of each song (I swear they play the same song over and over) so it's obvious to me that they're so completely whacked out on magic mushrooms and pot that they don't even realise the band is simply replaying the same damn song. God damned stoners. Thirdly, Gerry needs to find the tone knob on his guitar and ROLL OFF THE DAMN TREBLE YOU BIG FAT DEAD HIPPIE for crikey sake. Jeepers, that twangy trebley tone grates on you after about 3 "songs."
But, that said, there are some positives too. Like the video. It's actually shot pretty well, they don't do the MTV 2 seconds per shot thing that many videos do, so you can actually watch the guys play their instruments. Secondly, and I can't believe I'm going to say this, but during the re-make of All Along the Watchtower Gerry plays a solo and may God strike me dead if I'm making this up, but it actually friggin cooks. I mean it really cooks. I was shocked, the cat really can play when he wants to. Anyways, a couple of the tunes are actually pretty good, and it's a great way to expose yourself to hippies in their natural environment so I give it an 8424/10000.
- I stopped at Wendy's on the drive home Sunday, cause for some reason I get a hankerin for crap fast food when travelling. I got me a single with cheese and crap and went to order a small fry with that but noticed they don't offer small as an option. You can get a medium, a "biggie" or a "super biggie"??????? WTF???? After telling the clerk at Okay Buy that I didn't want the extended warranty on a mini cd player because I have terminal brain cancer and don't expect to live for more than two months I didn't have the heart to do battle with another lackey so I just ordered the medium and went on my way.
- Hammy the sammy for lunch today, along with a huge vat of small curd cottage cheese. That's it.
- I was talking to one our our clients the other day, who happened to be a Latina chiX0R, and she's got this super sexy breathy kinda Latina voice and whatnot, and, well, god damn that's hot. Hot hot hot. But the thing is, you know that if you married her that after about 4 or 5 years the whole accent thing would just drive you crazy (it's probably not hot when she's nagging you to mow the lawn) and you'd just want to wap her with an iron frying pan to get her to shut up.
- Can this be anything other than a cry for help? I mean, seriously, much like all serial killers leave little clues to enable The Man to catch them, I think Claude felt so much guilt about taking part in the heinous Bush cabinet that sub-consciencely he wants to go to prison and be arse raped by large sweaty men with tattoos and bad teeth.
- I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a new PC but now I'm thinking I may have my Dad build one for me. He's retired and really into doing crap like that so he would be happy to spend a week researching the best prices for all the crap I want. It will be interesting to see if he can beat the Dell price, cause it was pretty darn good.
|< 'Cos I'd rather be home | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >|