Print Story Children Update
Family
By codemonkey uk (Mon Mar 13, 2006 at 03:12:31 AM EST) children (all tags)
The boys got a check up today. I guess if your some kind of HuSi noob and/or don't know who I am IRL, then you won't know or care about this.

On the other hand, if you happen to be a old-timer, or perhaps a one of my real-life friends or family (Hi Mum!) - assuming any of them still check here - then this might be of interest to you.

Karl: 10.77kg / 77cm

Dylan: 12.57kg / 93cm (hc 43cm)

< No matter where you are... | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Children Update | 17 comments (17 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
What, no pix? by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #1 Mon Mar 13, 2006 at 03:17:46 AM EST
How can we opine on the relative cuteness of the two (as compared to each other) without pix?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

relative cuteness compared to each other?? by DesiredUsername (4.00 / 2) #4 Mon Mar 13, 2006 at 03:29:25 AM EST
Relative Cuteness in the metric system is always relative to a known standard of cuteness (kittens), with comparisons between samples plotted on a log scale. You can't compare one sample to another directly and get any kind of scientific numerical result. Compare:

Gold is denser than wood

Gold has a relative density of 19.3, while wood has a relative density of around .5. Therefore gold is 40 times denser than wood.

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline

kittens by martingale (4.00 / 3) #8 Mon Mar 13, 2006 at 04:32:50 AM EST
Is that the S.I. kitten unit, relative to the unit kitten held in formaldehyde in Paris?
$E(X_t|F_s) = X_s,\quad t > s$
SI kitten, yes by DesiredUsername (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Mar 13, 2006 at 04:40:50 AM EST
But formaldehyde has found to sharply decrease the RC value of kittens.

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
Or increase. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #13 Mon Mar 13, 2006 at 05:15:21 AM EST
For sickos.

Don't judge me. by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #15 Mon Mar 13, 2006 at 06:27:03 AM EST

What a man, and his collection of well-preserved dead kittens do, in the privacy of their own laboratory/dungeon, is nobody's business but their own!

And the kittens', of course. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #16 Mon Mar 13, 2006 at 07:08:52 AM EST
I guess they have to consent, don't they?

Silence Means Approval! by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #17 Mon Mar 13, 2006 at 07:17:20 AM EST

"Meow two times if you don't want me to..."

Context... by Alice Pulley (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Mar 13, 2006 at 03:23:54 AM EST
...for those of us who know less than we should about little uns, is this good news?

Your mum reads this? by nebbish (4.00 / 3) #3 Mon Mar 13, 2006 at 03:25:53 AM EST
Now I know why you left K5.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

How's the rate of Dylan's head growth doing? by Rogerborg (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Mar 13, 2006 at 03:33:35 AM EST
Is there a chance he'll catch up?  Sorry if this is a bit personal, I'm hoping to hear that the prognosis may be positive.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
life by codemonkey uk (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Mar 13, 2006 at 03:51:52 AM EST
and living with the truth...

Chances are that he will always be behind, his speach and mental development is delayed, his physical size as well. But, he has caught up some and now has steady growth on the same curve gradiant as normal, but below the 1st percentile.

Given his head size he is doing very well. From that point of view we are lucky his problems are not more severe. A child with his growth stats would be expected to have more problems mentally and physically than he has.

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.

That's good news by Rogerborg (4.00 / 2) #12 Mon Mar 13, 2006 at 05:07:26 AM EST
From the little Googling that I've done, starting small but growing steadily seems to be less of a problem than growing and then stopping.  Fingers crossed.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Yup by codemonkey uk (4.00 / 3) #14 Mon Mar 13, 2006 at 05:52:36 AM EST
My main worrys these days are the bullying he will probably end up getting at school, and the restraining order I will probably get when I find out about it ...

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
I remember way back by blixco (4.00 / 1) #7 Mon Mar 13, 2006 at 04:17:56 AM EST
when new baby was a new baby.  I'm sure the sticker shock has worn off by now, and you've probably been through the first maintenance period and are well on your way to having a smooth running baby.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
smooth running by codemonkey uk (4.00 / 2) #9 Mon Mar 13, 2006 at 04:34:01 AM EST
Well, he needs to walk before he can run ... he manages a stable free-stand now, but attempts at a walk result in a quick crash and a return to crawling.

Dylan calls him turtle for a reason...

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.

Turtle! by blixco (4.00 / 2) #11 Mon Mar 13, 2006 at 04:42:31 AM EST
That's an excellent nickname for a baby.

Maybe it'll stick with him.  My brother used to cll me jerk-ass jerk.  That stuck for, like, years.
---------------------------------