Print Story Spring Comes To The Mid-Atlantic

I love America when spring hits, you can feel the relief and excitement in the air. It is palpable.

Also a pic inside of my fav' artwork that I bought several years ago.

71F in Virginia. I washed the cars and detailed them up, then took the black car for a run out west - with the top off! There were a tonne of convertables and motorbikes on the road. America gets excited when spring time comes. It practically drips from everything.

Since it looks like being a warm evening, I bought a cigar, a gallon jug of a micro-brewery's pale ale and have a book, Multitude to read. Rockin' Rockin' Rockin'. Great time of year to the in the US of A.

Art

I bought this on impulse about four years ago now. It is my favourite painting. It was one of a pair and I am kicking myself for not buying both. But at the time we couldn't really afford it, and didnt have the space to put the painting up that I bought. It spent the first three months of its life in a closet until we moved into the house.

The painting is largely anonymous too, it has Zelda down the bottom. But I dont know how the person is who did it. I think it is their representation/memory of America. The red, white and blue are in a heavy structure while the stars and circles wander across it somewhat aimlessly but very pleasantly to the eye. Then there is the trunk of the tree and the perfect little flower.

I love it.

painting

< Family, Extended | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Spring Comes To The Mid-Atlantic | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Iloved spring in college by dev trash (4.00 / 2) #1 Sat Mar 11, 2006 at 10:22:24 AM EST
The hotties would break out the skimpy clothes and wow.  I felt alive.

Blizzard of Death '06
Interesting piece. by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 1) #2 Sat Mar 11, 2006 at 10:40:56 AM EST
Yes, the weather is great - I took off early yesterday, and put 21 miles on my bike. I'm a little saddle sore today, but it was worth it.

The doctor said it was the worst case of cookie-blindness he'd ever seen.
First time this year you have been out on the by cam (2.00 / 0) #3 Sat Mar 11, 2006 at 10:44:41 AM EST
bike?

This was the first time it was warm enough to take the top off the car.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

Yup. by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 1) #5 Sat Mar 11, 2006 at 11:06:32 AM EST
Apparently my brain is working faster than my fingers - I thought I put that part in.

It's beautiful today; too - but rain tomorrow and monday, alas, then back to winter's chilly embrace...

The doctor said it was the worst case of cookie-blindness he'd ever seen.

Isn't there... by NoMoreNicksLeft (4.00 / 1) #4 Sat Mar 11, 2006 at 10:51:14 AM EST
Another syllable in cownobium, at least the way the british pronounce it?
Do not look directly into laser with remaining good eye.
The luck of the Irish by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #6 Sat Mar 11, 2006 at 11:40:27 AM EST
Today was the aSt. Patrick's Day parade downtown, the niceest, sunniest day of the year, with quite a few hawties walking around, with jeans and green shirts being the most common outfit.

I like that artwork. by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 2) #7 Sat Mar 11, 2006 at 11:47:34 AM EST

It makes me want to go make artwork.

My fondest memory of spring by lm (4.00 / 1) #8 Sat Mar 11, 2006 at 01:58:57 PM EST
Loaning the safety pins off of my jacket to the various alterna-chicks at the university to pin their skirts so that they didn't blow up over their head while walking across campus.

Cicero, The Republic
Meanwhile by aphrael (4.00 / 2) #9 Sun Mar 12, 2006 at 01:05:59 PM EST
it snowed in the San Francisco Bay Area this weekend. There was a 28-car pile up in Marin County due to snow.

The last time it snowed in the bay area in March was 1896.

Spring Comes To The Mid-Atlantic | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback