Print Story San Francisco and the Bay Area: A Vacation in Pictures and Words

Mainly pictures.

golden gate hotline

If you're too chickenshit to do yourself in, or are just doing it for attention, these are the phones for you. They're free! Apparently, you cannot order pizza from them, though, which is unfortunate.

nametape obscured to avoid court martial

I got drunk at Zeitgeist. Couple of times, actually. I'm not sure which time this is. I am sure, however, that I was drunk.

I also had an interview. It went pretty well. If this plan doesn't work out, though, I'll be sort of relieved, as then I won't feel bad about planning a heist to liberate the concrete fountain yoda from Lucas HQ.

market street, just north of castro, is a nifty little hood

It rained at first, but then stopped.

mmmm, stuffed mushroom

My host Erin had a pot-luck dinner the day after I arrived, and the food was tasty.

my furry lil` buddies

She also had some cute little pups she was puppysitting for; Scotty, and Yoda. Two rockin' dudes, if you ask me.

lil kitten friends

This was in addition to the kittens she was foster-homing for, who were also pretty cute, and usually up to no good.

I had after-work (his, not mine) drinkies with ucblockheadman. He's a bright dude, and funny. +1, Would Have Drinks With Again. And next time, I'd show up on time!

i can`t believe they fucking closed

So they closed my second-favorite bar, down in Lower Haight. This heinous crime brought tears to my eye. That's right, I said "eye". I'm a motherfucking pirate, yo, for real. Hella piratey.

this one hurt worse than the other one

I did a little of this while in Berkeley, thanks to host Hans.

this one hurt less, but hurts more now

I also did a little of this.

little brother play rasputins

I missed seeing Durham, North Cakalak hip-hop act "Little Brother" playing at Rasputin's for free. Doh!

sadly, i baked nothing with the oven, but it was still cool

Host Hans and his wife had a pretty friggin' intense oven and stove. It had a steamboat-style thrust controller to determine the heat.

MANBEARD!

On my last day (well, in the abridged version of this tale; technically, it was my second-to-last day, but I kept a low profile on my actual last day, for reasons which I will subsequently vaguely allude to in the next paragraph), I went to the beach with hosts Josh and Jami, and drank Sake from a gigantic bottle bought in a cool Asian supermarket that had living, breathing frogs for sale in a bucket. I didn't get any frogs, and, in fact, got a little freaked out and claustrophobic while in the store. Crazy elderly Asian ladies get pretty violent with their shopping carts. Not sure what's up with that. Also, the aisles are too narrow, IYKWIM.

seriously, my arms are killing me

Now my arms hurt, so I'm going to go think about this. Oh yeah, man. Oh yeah. I'm happy to be home.

< For Somebody So Easy Going, You Sure Wear Pants a Lot | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
San Francisco and the Bay Area: A Vacation in Pictures and Words | 30 comments (30 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Beard of Justice is coming along nicely. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 4) #1 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 07:32:28 AM EST
[pogonotrophy]

*monkly bow* by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #8 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 09:08:40 AM EST

Someone has to bear this cross!

Yuo fail it. by ana (4.00 / 4) #2 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 07:41:16 AM EST
The official tag has a period on the end: fun loving cowwqas.

Can you introspect out loud? --CRwM

I AM TEH MAKE OUTSIDAR ARTZ! by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 2) #9 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 09:09:19 AM EST

Too bad I can't, like, edit it or anything...

Second pic down: by lb008d (4.00 / 1) #3 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 08:10:06 AM EST
Nice butterfly bush.

On the behalf of Zeitgeist's gardener, by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #10 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 09:09:44 AM EST

Gracias.

Eggs-salent. by blixco (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 08:25:31 AM EST
But did you have fun?
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
Yes, I did. by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #11 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 09:10:05 AM EST

A lot of fun. Maybe too much.

Wonderful! by blixco (4.00 / 1) #14 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 09:14:12 AM EST
Great pictures, by the way.  The Beard is quite spectacular.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
Thanky, and thanky! by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #16 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 09:16:36 AM EST

I may not have taken those pics of me, though. Memory indicates no mental record of either event.

That pot luck by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 08:25:34 AM EST
looks like a deity.
Would you rather battle Klingons or trolls?
Additionally, by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 09:10:34 AM EST

It tasted like one, too.

Mate by cam (4.00 / 4) #6 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 08:28:57 AM EST
you got your hair on upside down. Nice photo diary. More please.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

It keeps sliding down by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 6) #7 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 09:08:06 AM EST

The glue does nothing!

ob comment by MillMan (4.00 / 2) #13 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 09:13:25 AM EST
+1 on the following items:

puppies
kittens
drunken manbeard
golden gate bridge
FSM looking food (idea stolen from adhoc's comment)
image of you dancing to hip hop as inspired by this entry

I never really considered face-to-face contact a possible thing. -CRwM

I'm doing some popping and locking by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #15 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 09:15:43 AM EST

while I type this.

And now, THE ROBOT!

Your beard by joh3n (4.00 / 3) #17 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 09:24:26 AM EST
Has the power to both terrify and rule a nation.  Use the power wisely.

----

Ooooh, ooooh, oooh... by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 2) #21 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 10:50:38 AM EST

which nation to rule... such difficult choices!

Typical godless San Franciscians by Rogerborg (4.00 / 2) #18 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 10:20:31 AM EST
Why don't they want angels to get their wings?

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
They hate Baby Jebus by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #22 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 10:51:41 AM EST

I left out the photo from the big argument I had with the Jewish Palestinian Rights Advocate, where, in the heat of the battle, I busted out my IDF t-shirt to let her know she, like, TOTALLY GOT PWN3D!

+1 awesome vacation by 606 (4.00 / 1) #19 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 10:29:04 AM EST
Dunno bout all them tattoos, man. Isn't that, like, the 8-pointed star of chaos? That's pretty hardcore.

-----
imagine dancing banana here
Pretty hardcore by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #20 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 10:50:07 AM EST

And also FRIGGIN' INTENSE!

holy shit dude by yankeehack (4.00 / 1) #23 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 02:02:11 PM EST
that beard...
Bow down before it's manly magnificence! by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #29 Tue Feb 28, 2006 at 03:28:06 AM EST

You know it is the right thing to do.

I know what you mean by theantix (4.00 / 1) #24 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 03:52:32 PM EST
"got a little freaked out and claustrophobic while in the store."

Actually, no.  holy fuck do I know what you mean.

aiya! by persimmon (4.00 / 2) #25 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 04:33:02 PM EST
Stupid white boy get out my way I hit with soy sauce!

Aiya!

(I have a duty to carry on the traditions of my people.)
-----
"Nature is such a fucking plagarist."

It was like a mini-Chinatown by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 2) #28 Tue Feb 28, 2006 at 03:26:58 AM EST

all compressed into one store. Generally, in Chinatown, I walk in the street itself whenever possible, to avoid shin injury from vindictive old ladies, who seem to see a normal passing pedestrian as an enemy combatant, who needs bags swung into them. Little Old Chinese Ladies would make an excellent football team.

+1FP by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #26 Tue Feb 28, 2006 at 01:07:47 AM EST
I used to know a pug called Yoda. Fitting name.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Dogs named Yoda: by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #27 Tue Feb 28, 2006 at 03:24:40 AM EST

Pretty cool. Particularly ugly dogs. And by "ugly", of course, I mean "absolutely adorable".

Your manbeard . . . by slozo (2.00 / 0) #30 Tue Feb 28, 2006 at 04:57:32 AM EST
. . . puts the one I shaved off a few weeks ago to shame . . . but for me, I only had a month to grow it. How long you been growing that bag of moss?