Print Story Attention teh Blixco infidel: YOU'VE DONE HUSI PROUD! (And other misadventures.)
By lm (Thu Feb 23, 2006 at 05:14:48 PM EST) (all tags)
An anecdote concerning HuSi that is most awesome within.

So I'm taking this night course on eCommerce Business Strategies. The first week of class was canceled. The second week of class was spent looking at sites like The Amazing Formula and 33 Days to Online Profit. Then tonight we actually started getting to some interesting stuff, the ways that eCommerce differs from bricks and mortar commerce and how to rank various web pages. As part of that discussion, the instructor elicited the favorite web page of everyone in the class and pulled up the rank. So my turn comes around and everyone gets treated to blixco's Your Back and You, Motherfucker in really big motherfucking type on the overhead projector. I couldn't have been more proud. The immediate response was silence. Followed by a chuckle and ``They use kind of rough language at that web site,'' while the instructor scrolled as fast as he could to get the F bomb off the projector's screen.

Too bad goatse.cx is dead.

The good news is that according to the tools the instructor prefers (Google and Alexa) HuSi is one of the top rated sites on the information superhighway. Google gives it 6 for relevancy. Alexa ranks it among the 500,000 web sites in terms of traffic. Not bad. Not bad at all.

So let me toast both Hulver and blixco for a job well done!

Okay, so maybe that wasn't so awesome.

In other adventures, it's time to play calculate the GPA. Let's see, I've got a 3.8 across 75 hours at one university, a 2.4 across 67 hours from another, and a 2.8 across 122 hours from a community college. This would make my GPA 2.98. But the 3.8 is from a university which uses semester rather than quarters so I'm getting robbed a bit. Using the proper multiplier, I ought to be clocking in at 3.34. Unfairness aside, each quarter I take two night classes at the present community college and get As in will raise my GPA by roughly 0.02. I may apply to grad schools again next winter. By the time the following academic year starts up, I should have completed my web certificate. If nothing else if my grad school plan fails, at least I'll be worth more money on paper.

Work is getting a bit interesting, probably mostly because of my attitude. I think the process of writing my last diary entry really helped put things into perspective. Knowing that I've got another possible escape route lined up, even if it is one that will take years and may end up in failure yet again is helping me put a positive spin on things.

And was this not a brilliant post to this discussion. Machiavelli, Locke and Hobbes all brought into a thread on a fucking game without even making a stretch.

That is all. Thank you and good night.

< Hunting. | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Attention teh Blixco infidel: YOU'VE DONE HUSI PROUD! (And other misadventures.) | 20 comments (20 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Out fucking standing, by blixco (4.00 / 9) #1 Thu Feb 23, 2006 at 05:31:02 PM EST
my man.  Out standing.
---------------------------------
I am ten ninjas. Ten ninjas with root access. - mrgoat
The glory is all yours by lm (4.00 / 1) #2 Thu Feb 23, 2006 at 05:51:02 PM EST
You are teh man of teh hour.

Cicero, The Republic
Ummm, I believe that's by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Feb 23, 2006 at 07:50:40 PM EST
'You are teh FOOKIN' man of teh FOOKIN' hour, Mutha' fooker.'

WTF. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #9 Fri Feb 24, 2006 at 03:05:51 AM EST
Are we in Manchestah now?

To think I posted a hole entry about The Fall yesterday which got eaten, too.

I'm speaking with an accent to conceal my by greyrat (4.00 / 2) #10 Fri Feb 24, 2006 at 03:24:38 AM EST
identity from the muttawa who are probably reading this RIGHT NOWW$^%&$%TR$%&AC&(@#DB -- NO CARRIER.

So... by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Feb 23, 2006 at 07:02:39 PM EST
He showed you these sites as satire, right?
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
No, he's serious by lm (4.00 / 2) #4 Thu Feb 23, 2006 at 07:29:18 PM EST
Perhaps I should point out that the class is under the august auspices of the MARKETING division.

Need I say more?

Cicero, The Republic
Gordamn by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #16 Fri Feb 24, 2006 at 06:56:36 AM EST
Well...hopefully it's an easy A at least.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Spoiler by Merekat (4.00 / 1) #6 Thu Feb 23, 2006 at 11:59:44 PM EST
Interesting. Although the word motherfucker gets covered by the spoiler blank out in the main text, the test is still displayed in the links list at the side. Just as well it is rarely used that way for real spoilers.

That's because the spoiler macro spoils links by lm (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Feb 24, 2006 at 05:39:05 AM EST
Only a select few HuSites have figured out the magic of using html to format the text within the spoiler macro. Using html inside the macro results in fugliness. You have to put your formatting (or anchor) tags outside of the macro.

Cicero, The Republic
These tools by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #7 Fri Feb 24, 2006 at 12:31:05 AM EST
Goatse would have scored highly as well, wouldn't it?

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

You know, by komet (4.00 / 2) #8 Fri Feb 24, 2006 at 12:43:59 AM EST
I have been casually following your writings on philosophy and Christianity for some years now, and I can't help thinking this eCommerce course of yours may not quite be pushing your intellect to the very height of its potential. Just a handy hint.

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.
That may be true by lm (4.00 / 1) #11 Fri Feb 24, 2006 at 03:31:53 AM EST
But (a) my boss is paying for my tuition, (b) I have several Fs on my transcript that I need to counterbalance with 4 As each to bring my GPA up above a 3.0, (c) it is a required course for me to earn a certificate saying that I am a CERTIFIED WEB DESIGNER.

I hope by this time next year that I can be taking something more interesting like Latin. But first I need to figure out how taking Latin can better prepare me for my job as a Support Analyst.

Cicero, The Republic
You could go to work at Vatican IT by komet (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Feb 24, 2006 at 04:17:17 AM EST
and look after their Latin Intranet. Plus I hear their secret library contains various works that may interest you.

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.
Ok, just... by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #17 Fri Feb 24, 2006 at 07:12:02 AM EST
Make sure you forget everything this guy says after the final.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Actually, he's making some good points by lm (2.00 / 0) #18 Fri Feb 24, 2006 at 09:57:37 AM EST
I tend to follow Saint Basil's advice and emulate the honey bee, examining everything and taking the nectar home while leaving behind the crap. The process of understanding why so many people respond to infomercials and spam, I think, is valuable to learning how to design the content for a good eCommerce site. I will say this about these `buy my program' type sites, most of them do know how to write good copy /in certain aspects/.

But never fear, I will be leaving the pop-ups, nag scripts, vapidly vacant autoresponses and other annoyances behind.

Cicero, The Republic
That slashdot article. by ambrosen (4.00 / 2) #12 Fri Feb 24, 2006 at 03:44:58 AM EST
Made me feel like a proper troll. I got frost pist, and got 7 replies, with 38 replies under me.

What with me being a proper troll and all, I don't have the time to read your post, so I can't see how it compares to yours, apart from yours having some meaning.

Nice one by lm (2.00 / 0) #15 Fri Feb 24, 2006 at 05:43:42 AM EST
All my post did was to point out that the minds that helped formulate the way the modern mind looks at the world agree with the sentiment behind your post.

Cicero, The Republic
Attention teh Blixco infidel: YOU'VE DONE HUSI PRO by Skull Woman (2.00 / 0) #19 Sat Feb 25, 2006 at 01:13:29 PM EST
Your writing is improving.  When is the book coming out?  Mom

It may never. by blixco (2.00 / 0) #20 Sun Feb 26, 2006 at 08:50:10 AM EST
It's tough to write lately.
---------------------------------