Print Story What you've* all been waiting for
By ad hoc (Wed Feb 22, 2006 at 10:43:55 AM EST) coffee, TODO, phones, photos, bikes (all tags)
FSVo "you"

I bought some new coffee from Trader Joes. It's called "Volcano" and it's supposed to be "our darkest roast yet". It's yummers. I like coffee roasted to within an inch of its life. Sometimes I wonder if I'd like roasted cinders.

I have yet to fill out my W-2 and W-3. I've got all the info printed out, all I have to do is transfer the numbers to the official forms. Yet I dread doing it. There's no real reason why, it's not like this particular for requires a check, but still. But since they have to be mailed to the SSA by next week, I suppose I should get on that RSN.

Verizon installer guy came by today to install a NID. Nice guy, we chatted for a long time. Now I've got more phone equipment in the cellar than anyone. I win!

And now, here it is:

It has arrived!

The box is open!

It is out of the box!

Dog checks out new arrival!

I'm off to the LBS to buy a pair of pedals whereupon I will finish assembly.

< And more stuff | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
What you've* all been waiting for | 18 comments (18 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Did I miss something here? by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #1 Wed Feb 22, 2006 at 10:59:50 AM EST
Did you wreck or did someone steal your bike?

Anyways, nice floors ya got there. You still trying to sell the place?

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Nope. by miker2 (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Feb 22, 2006 at 11:25:24 AM EST
It's called being a 'cyclist'.  It's an addiction much like the 'ol crack rock where there's a burning need to purchase new bikes whether you really need them or not.

In ad hoc's case, the single speed will complement his stable nicely.

On second thought, a single speed would also add nicely to my own stable....

Ah, sociopathy. How warm, how comforting, thy sweet embrace. - MNS
And! by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed Feb 22, 2006 at 12:11:21 PM EST
Nope by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #4 Wed Feb 22, 2006 at 12:10:24 PM EST
You can never have too many bikes. Each one has its own special purpose.
Would you rather battle Klingons or trolls?
Indeed! by chopper (4.00 / 1) #16 Thu Feb 23, 2006 at 12:50:03 AM EST
My wishlist has just been topped by this, and of course a stroker to go with it :)

Now that is one strange looking beast by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #17 Thu Feb 23, 2006 at 04:33:43 AM EST
Can you attach a lance or a battering ram?
Would you rather battle Klingons or trolls?
Absolutely by chopper (4.00 / 1) #18 Mon Feb 27, 2006 at 11:36:42 PM EST
But would also recommend seatbelts to go with it ;p

Sale by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Feb 22, 2006 at 12:11:56 PM EST
Oh, no, I gave up trying to sell. Unless you're interested. Are you interested in moving closer to civilization?
Would you rather battle Klingons or trolls?
I'm an anti-social hermit by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #8 Wed Feb 22, 2006 at 12:30:44 PM EST
Why would I want to move closer to civilaztion? Great moogly googly man.

Besides, I don't want to purcahse the whole place, maybe the just cool hardwood floor though. How much just for that?

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

I'll sell you the floor by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Feb 22, 2006 at 12:38:48 PM EST
but the rest of the place comes with it.

I refer the gentlemen to the recent discussion on property tax revaluation.
Would you rather battle Klingons or trolls?

hmm by MillMan (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed Feb 22, 2006 at 12:08:54 PM EST
What kind of bike would be good for use on snow? Could you outfit that bike you just bought with big knobby tires? I'm just sitting here at work contemplating a glorious future car free existence...

I never really considered face-to-face contact a possible thing. -CRwM

This would work great in snow. by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Feb 22, 2006 at 12:14:30 PM EST
That's part of the reason I got it. It's a cross bike, so it's got plenty of room for fenders and knobby or even studded tires. It's a single speed/fixed gear which means there's nothing to get gummed up with the salt/sand/snow/melt.

This is it.
Would you rather battle Klingons or trolls?

Sexy. by Driusan (4.00 / 1) #12 Wed Feb 22, 2006 at 12:50:28 PM EST
Can I have it?

Vive le Montréal libre.
What are you willing to trade? by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #15 Wed Feb 22, 2006 at 03:36:54 PM EST
Jumping Jesus Beans! by Gedvondur (4.00 / 1) #9 Wed Feb 22, 2006 at 12:38:11 PM EST
Didn't that fucker COME with pedals for all that dough?

Man, all the bikes I ever bought at Wal-Mart came with fucking pedals.  next you are going to tell me that the seat was optional.

Gedvondur
"...it isn't like I dug up her great-grandmother and fucked her in the eye socket." -clock

All what dough? by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #11 Wed Feb 22, 2006 at 12:42:57 PM EST
This wasn't expensive.

Real bikes never come with pedals. Pedal styles vary too much. If you put pedals on it, 80% of the people would want a different kind, so it's better just to leave it off. I mean, it would be like getting underwear with pants. $Brand pants come with briefs. Many would throw those away and replace them with boxers or boxer-briefs, or just throw them away, period.

The bikes that do come with pedals (my MTB came with pedals), they're usually really cheap plastic or something just for test rides and don't last most than a couple months.
Would you rather battle Klingons or trolls?

That said, by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #13 Wed Feb 22, 2006 at 01:17:28 PM EST
Why do they always come with saddles? It's not as if those are any less intimate or idiosyncratic. I guess it's one of the mysteries of the world. Or something to do with the law on reflectors.

Saddles don't vary that much by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #14 Wed Feb 22, 2006 at 03:36:19 PM EST
at least, most anyone can ride any saddle. Every different brand of pedals have different sorts of cleats, none of which are compatible with each other. They're not even compatible within the same brand. Shimano has SPD, SPD-SL, there are Look, Time, Ritchey, Speedplay, Campangnolo, Miche, Crank Bros., and several others. If you already have shoes fitted with a certain cleat, there's nothing you can do to make it fit a different pedal without changing the cleat (each and every time you ride a different bike).

While there is some idiosyncrasy with saddles, you don't need to snap on a different bum to ride a different bike.

Reflector laws aren't something a mere mortal can understand.
Would you rather battle Klingons or trolls?