Print Story And more stuff
By Herring (Wed Feb 22, 2006 at 09:51:21 AM EST) cripples, indoctrination, UTBNB (all tags)
Well, going in to work (via public transport) on crutches, puts a different perspective on life. You get a feeling for what those lazy cabbages the differently abled are always moaning about (doors, stairs, not being able to carry an open can of beer - that sort of shit).

Mind you, I can really feel the burn in my arms and pecs. Cheap workout*.

Felt a bit guilty about making a show and having people open doors and stuff for me. Until I put weight on my right foot that is. Never been in this position before and I can't say I like it.

The moulded plastic thing they've given me for my ankle, combined with the trainers (oo - not dress code) make me feel like I'm wearing a snowboarding boot all day. Maybe I should've just done that instead.

Had a rousing pep talk (yeah, one of them) from the (UK) comapny's top man today. He doesn't seem to like Gordon Brown. At least GB doesn't wear a wig.

I have to laugh about the Blackberry case. US govt: "patent laws are good". Judge: "Well, then no blackberry's for you". Gov "Ah ... but".

I know it's not news, but people are stupid. Complete Buffy DVDs on eBay going for £140 + £15 delivery. On Amazon: £126 with free delivery.

Small Boy found a Bible in Stepdaughter's room (probably buried under a mound of HIM CDs). He asked Mrs. H. about it. She answered "it's a book of stories", "Yes, but they're true" said SB. Hmm. I thought on the last open evening we went to that his school had a bit of a whiff of Xtianity about it. Danger.

Also SB likes to run off with my crutches and pretend they are rifles. Great. I just wish he wouldn't abandon them at the other end of the room.

I can see a really evil corp from my office window. Can you guess who it is?

*Well, not if you already pay £50 a month for a gym and rarely go.

< "Empirical & Amusing" | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
And more stuff | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Evil corp by cam (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Feb 22, 2006 at 11:57:10 AM EST
Australian Wheat Board?

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

Helpless by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Feb 22, 2006 at 12:45:00 PM EST
At two points in my life I chipped a bone in my knees.  Different knee each time.  This resulted in about four weeks on crutches until I could walk with a huge limp.  Boy was that fun.

---------------
Obligatory by Herring (4.00 / 3) #3 Wed Feb 22, 2006 at 12:49:16 PM EST
A huge limp what?

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
Given the amount of pain by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Feb 23, 2006 at 06:38:27 AM EST
A huge limp everything.

---------------
Don't worry by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #4 Wed Feb 22, 2006 at 11:41:41 PM EST
I was a Christian when I was a kid, much to my parents dismay. Then they worked out I was just into all the whales and devils and stuff (very old testament, me), much in the same way I was into Greek myths, Dr Who and pretty much anything else with monsters in it.

Funny story - I was asked not to come back to Sunday School after a session where we had to make paper birds and I made a pterodactyl.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Bibles by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Feb 23, 2006 at 07:14:36 AM EST
Have you read The Crow Road?

Yes by Herring (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Feb 23, 2006 at 07:37:31 AM EST
Assuming you mean the Iain Banks one.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
I do by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Feb 23, 2006 at 11:01:51 PM EST
You're reminding me a little of Kenneth and his disappointment that Prentice finds religion.

And more stuff | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback