Print Story Another Day, Another Dollar
By coryking (Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 02:14:12 PM EST) tshirts, your mom, seperation anxiety (all tags)
After about three weeks of waiting, I finally got the t-shirts back from the screenprinters.  Ho-ley-shit.  They are really, really nice.  Tim did a bang-up job on these.  Paying a designer was worth every dime.

Inside:

1. artClick logo contest
  2. Moving
  3. My ugly ass poses for you!

After much consideration, I've dumped arsgraphica in favor of the much shorter, much more memorable artClick.  I've started a logo contest and the winner will get a free subscription, a tshirt and $100USD.  Good Times.

In other news, we are kind of stalling on our move.  Looks like next month will have to be the month.  I think we are gonna settle for the eastern strip of Pike street.  There isn't much here for apartments (they are starting construction for several new apartment buildings) but damn do I like it.  It borders the hipster capitol hill with the pinpoint ghetto of the central district.  Nice.  We both miss the woot factor and this place has several cute bars and coffee shops as well as being much closer to our usual haunts.

Here is my entry for america's next top model:

The rest are here

< detritus | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Another Day, Another Dollar | 20 comments (20 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Is Bauhaus still open? by joh3n (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 02:47:23 PM EST
I used to hang out in the upstairs part back in my 'I drink stronger coffee than you' days.

(I cant recall if it was on pike or pine)

----

Yes Sir, by coryking (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 02:48:44 PM EST
It is very much still open and always full.  It is on Pine (N for north).

Some of photographica's code was written in that very coffee shop.

-------------
Dog food. Snack for some. Feast for others.

Dang, I love that town by joh3n (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 02:56:59 PM EST
I lived basically across the street from the B&O espresso for 2 years, and a couple of years in the U-District.  Needless to say, I preferred Cap Hill.

----

I love where I live by coryking (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 02:59:32 PM EST
Well, not the EXACT location, but I love the neighborhood.  The U-District is pretty damn cool too.

-------------
Dog food. Snack for some. Feast for others.

U-District by joh3n (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 03:07:23 PM EST
must have changed.  When I was there (92-94), it was kind of a shithole.

----

well by coryking (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 03:10:48 PM EST
In about 2004 they redid the whole damn ave.  Busted up the whole street and repaved it, planted new trees, new sidewalks, new lighting, cutouts for the buses, etc.

Looks pretty nice.  The businesses haven't changed much.

-------------
Dog food. Snack for some. Feast for others.

Whoa, Keanu by joh3n (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 03:12:06 PM EST
so they finally did that eh?  Cool.

Is House of Rice still there?  Near the bottom of the ave.  Awesome Pad Thai for $4

----

Sadly by coryking (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 03:21:36 PM EST
During my tenure at the UW, I only ate at a handful of the thai places around there.  The House of Rice doesn't ring a bell.

I was trying to find some before & after pics, but failed.  this might do.

-------------
Dog food. Snack for some. Feast for others.

wow by joh3n (2.00 / 0) #11 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 03:27:01 PM EST
The ave looks like...uh...clean

----

It is amazing what a fresh coat by coryking (2.00 / 0) #13 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 03:38:18 PM EST
of concrete and paint can do!

-------------
Dog food. Snack for some. Feast for others.

note: by joh3n (2.00 / 0) #14 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 03:48:40 PM EST
your artclick link in the body text is borked.

----

hubba hubba by dev trash (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 03:01:45 PM EST
Bob Abooey will be PMing you soon, I can just feel it.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
Well, now that you've sold the site to that... by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 03:22:26 PM EST
media conglomarate you should have bucks to burn on moves and t-shirts and stuff, right?

:-D

More seriously - how come you can't a list of your own comments (actually, postings you've commented on) like you can on other scoop sites?

three reasons by coryking (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 03:35:07 PM EST
  1. It isn't using scoops comment system (photographica/artclick is like 25% scoop now)
  2. It is one more link and thus one more source of confusion & clutter.
  3. It is a way to keep you from tracking what you replied to in the hopes you read the comments in stories that you didn't comment in.
I am thinking of going the k5 route and letting subscribers track their posts however.  No promises though, there is a list a mile long of things to fix/do/add/remove and I'm not sure it is a feature I want to add for the social reason I outlined above.

-------------
Dog food. Snack for some. Feast for others.

Interesting approach. by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #15 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 04:46:33 PM EST
I have to tell you, my own biggest problem is that I'm already so senile that I have trouble remembering what I've already commented on.

BUT it's a great site, I've been enjoying it immensely.

wow, yet another geek with by yankeehack (4.00 / 2) #16 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 05:01:27 PM EST
black square glasses. When will the madness end?  :-P
wait... by 606 (2.00 / 0) #19 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 08:01:03 PM EST
You mean I shouldn't buy black square-rimmed glasses? Shit... I mean, what do I do now?

-----
imagine dancing banana here
I was at Renton Fry's tonight. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #17 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 07:23:37 PM EST
I swear to fucking God, I saw at least 37 of your clones.

Fries by coryking (4.00 / 1) #18 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 07:25:53 PM EST
Is it me, or has that place gone downhill since it first opened?

-------------
Dog food. Snack for some. Feast for others.

I've never received the best service there. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #20 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 09:12:18 PM EST
Then again, I'm not a Filipino.

Another Day, Another Dollar | 20 comments (20 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback