Print Story Excuse me, I asked for my alternative music without the emo
Music
By georgeha (Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 07:47:05 AM EST) emo, health insurance, phlegm, farting, FSM (all tags)
TISG for the White STripes

Plus, irreponsible tenants, the tedious updating of my body's decrepitude, flatulence and the FSM, stupid fricking flexspend interface and less!

Poll: Best day in February to have a bday?

Where did all this emo shit come from, and why is it contaminating alternative music? As most of my dedicated readers know, I mostly listen to the radio in my car, and I mostly listen to the alternative station, WBER. Lately, Aqualung (the alternative emo band, not the pedophiliac Jethro Tull album) is in heavy rotation, and it's emo. Thank goodness for the White Stripes, they may be derivative and nostalgic, but at least they rock.

We have 6-10 people living next door to us, it's hard to say how many for sure since boyfriends and girlfriends stop by all the time, so let's lowball the estimate and say 6 not too long out of college "adults" live next door to us. Our garbage day is Thursday, and the garbage truck comes by in the morning, so by Thursday evening their totes were empty, and all six of them walked by them on the way into their apartments without moving them back to the house.

Come Friday we had a front come through with horrendous winds, and we watched amusingly at the totes from next door got blown down into our driveway, then slowly blew down the street blocking it. It was even more amusing to see the people next door walk out and get into their cars and SUVs and go to work, completely ignoring their totes.

That is not the worst garbage tote thing they have done, no, that goes to tenants of about three years back who put hot woodstove ashes into these plastic totes. Oh yeah, the whole thing smoldered and melted, just a few feet from the Vasa. At the time I was mad they nearly burned down our car, had I known what I knew now, I would have been mad it didn't burn down the car so we could have gotten insurance money for it.

Speaking of people living with you, I got another call last night for Irish sister, and I quite enjoyed saying she moved out a year ago, I have no idea how to contact her, and I have no way to easily contact her sister, since she has no working phone.

The three following paragraphs are my tedious health updates.

My jaw is getting better, let's call it 85%, I tried some mixed nuts last night, they're still not enjoyable.

My cough is much better, pricey antiboitics and pricey nasal steroids work wonders. My coughs have decreased in frequency but have become much more productive, it's no longer a constant dry hacking cough, but more of an occasional juicy phlegm filled one, too bad I don't have a spittoon.

My feet are better, everyday. I can now sit in full lotus without too much pain, and do doggie pose without too much pain or bad form.

I have found that the supplements I have been trying for my arthritis have interesting side effects. The essential oils tend to be dangerous as I'm not used to them, it's sort of an Olestra affect. The MSM glu-chon capsule gives me terrible smelling flatulence, of the ancient rotting egg sort. I keep hoping the FSM touches my intestinal flora with his great noodly appendage and designs some new flora that handles those supplements better. In the meantime, I smell like a paper mill.

I am trying to update my flexible spending account to use direct deposit, so that I can get quickly get reimbursements for my medical expenses (let me translate for those in Socialist countries. This flexible spending account is tax free money which affects me net income far less than taxable income, and can be used for medical expenses that are not reimbursed by my medical insurance, so it's way to pay for stuff with far cheaper pretax dollars. I have about $1200 to be reimbursed for, so far). I used on of my normal user IDs, with many lower case letters.

The other day I had trouble logging in, I had the email me some particulars, and my user ID was changed to capitals. Either the server changes stuff to Caps, or their app does, but I'm really not happy about discarding a huge segment of possible solution space, and I have no idea what my password got changed to. It's 2006, case sensitivity is a fact.

It was a generally quiet weekend, though Mrs. Ha went into Buffalo early Sunday to see her mom after her shunt operation, which caused the usual sort of emotional turmoil. The latest Buffalo Beast is about those cartoons, along with all sorts of Christian and Jewish heresy. Nearly guaranteed to offend.

Easter must be late this year, as Ash Wednesday falls after my birthday, most years it falls before it. I'd make up a story of how a birthday in Lent sucks due to various pious deprivations, but it never really did affect mine. But when is the best day in February to have a bday?

< Now THATS trolling | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Excuse me, I asked for my alternative music without the emo | 17 comments (17 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Glu-chon by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 08:04:23 AM EST
It's rather pricey, no? Does that stuff help? What exactly is it supposed to do for you?

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Maybe $20-30 a month by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 08:08:36 AM EST
It's supposed to be good at rebuilding joints, providing joints with lots of needed nutrients.

You Should Become A Cyborg. by CheeseburgerBrown (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 08:18:49 AM EST
Then you can skip the whole medical thing and just get serviced at Speedy Muffler King.

I tend to fly 3-4 times a year for work by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 08:26:07 AM EST
and I don't trust the TSA sorts to fully understand my potential cyborgitude, and dissambling the metal from flesh just to get on a plane is far too much work.

But, if my job can swing me a Hayabusa or equivalent for travel purposes, it just may work out.

Ah by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 08:25:45 AM EST
I guess my confusion comes from thinking that joints can't be rebuilt. I thought when cartilage was gone that was pretty just the way it was.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

I think it's supposed to work on cartilage that's by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 08:28:39 AM EST
not 100%, rebuilding what's already there.

Who knows, it could be snake oil, you know how it is with the supplement game, but I'm trying everything to feel better.

Probably by iGrrrl (4.00 / 1) #11 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 09:44:11 AM EST
better than snake oil.  It's enough for NIH to fund good clinical trials, one of which, by the way, is the first trial conducted entirely over the internet.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

WIPO by alprazolam (4.00 / 3) #7 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 08:51:41 AM EST
February 29th...duh

Do you do well with yogurt or kefir? by lm (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 09:15:21 AM EST
Consuming pro-biotic yogurt will probably help you repopulate your gut with bugs that produce less obnoxious waste gasses.

Cicero, The Republic
I'm back to eating some yogurt by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 09:16:39 AM EST
though of course dairy is contraindicated on some rheumatoid athritis diets.

You could just by barooo (2.00 / 0) #14 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 10:47:44 AM EST

Take the L. acidophilus supplements available from hippie grocery stores.

man, i need a beefy taco now.
-gzt
Those aren't very effective by lm (4.00 / 1) #15 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 11:55:09 AM EST
The number of live organisms in yogurt outnumbers the number of organisms that survive the freeze drying process by several orders of magnitude. For those that can't consume dairy for one reason or the other, soy yogurt is a far better option.

Or at least this is the case if the methodology for my term project in the biology class I took three years ago was correct. We took five random off the shelf L. acidophilus supplements and tried to grow the little critters in an incubator and measured growth of the critters by changes in the light density of the test tube they were growing in. Pro-biotic yogurt greatly outperformed the freeze dried supplements.

This isn't to say that there is no benefit in such supplements. They do contain some live organisms. A single serving of yogurt just happens to contain more, especially if it is made in a bacteria friendly fashion.

Cicero, The Republic
WIPO: the 29th. by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 1) #10 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 09:31:42 AM EST
Oh, what I would give to be only 10.25 years old...

That Beast link is brilliant by creo (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 10:29:14 AM EST
That is all.

Cheers
Creo.

"I shall do what I believe to be right and honourable" - Guderian

Strangely, I can't find the local news links by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #13 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 10:34:36 AM EST
where rioting Christians and Jews burn stuff, or protest their office, and such.

Easter by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #16 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 01:24:48 PM EST
The first Sunday after the first full moon in Spring.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
not to get into wack-ass genre wanking territory by tps12 (2.00 / 0) #17 Tue Feb 21, 2006 at 02:33:43 AM EST
But I don't think Aqualung is emo. That is just pop music yo.