Print Story Questions for Cory?
By johnny (Sun Feb 19, 2006 at 01:35:38 AM EST) (all tags)
I'll be interviewing Cory Doctorow tomorrow for my blog (I'll also post it here).

Let me know if you have any questions for him.

Also: Attention Kellnerin Infidel: your request for Ag Econ Redemption followup up has been noted.  I'll post that soon.

< The Loneliness of the Long Distance Programmer | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Questions for Cory? | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
i have a question for him. by rmg (4.00 / 2) #1 Sun Feb 19, 2006 at 02:47:13 AM EST
how many words can he think of that rhyme with "cory"? you know, like "glory," "story," "montessori" etc.

also, can he hook me up with a gmail invite?

[t]rolling retards conversation, period.

Dear Cory by joh3n (4.00 / 2) #2 Sun Feb 19, 2006 at 03:39:38 AM EST
1)  How can you be such a zealot regarding DRM, and yet suckle at the tit of Disney if it so much as sneezes.  You're happy to equate anyone else with Satan for so much as a region code, but Disney seems immune (just to let you know, they like DRM too).

2)  Do you believe that if you download something from somewhere without paying for it, without having any intention for paying for it, ever, and knowing full well that that something is intended to be sold, not given away for free, that you still arent stealing?

3)  Could you please stop taking up most of a page on boingboing re-re-re-re-capping the Sony DRM thing if there is the tiniest update.  How about just making a 'history' page for that issue and linking to that.

4)  Why have ads on boingboing, I thought everything should be free?

I'm sure I can come up with more, when is the interview?

----

to be fair by theantix (2.00 / 0) #4 Sun Feb 19, 2006 at 08:03:11 AM EST
Cory doesn't give Disney a pass for their DRM, a simple google search reveals plenty of times he has criticized them for using DRM.

To be unfair though, his Disney obsession is pretty ridiculous.  Actually, for me it's well past the point where it's too annoying to read boingboing because each of the poster's obessions make the site full of DRM rants, notifications when xeni is on NPR or horny, details of every single thing that happens or could happen at disneyland, outrage followed by correction after correction, and trivial observations about even more trivial things.

Not that I'm bitter.

Fair point by joh3n (2.00 / 0) #6 Sun Feb 19, 2006 at 11:30:46 AM EST
But has he called for boycotts on disney?

----

oh yeah! by theantix (2.00 / 0) #7 Sun Feb 19, 2006 at 02:05:55 PM EST
well that's a fair point, so there!

I doubt he's called for a boycott of Apple either.  Or Google.

au contraire by joh3n (4.00 / 1) #8 Sun Feb 19, 2006 at 02:26:06 PM EST
If memory serves, and I'm too damn lazy to check, he went off on how he would never, ever, ever buy an apple machine again cause he heard a rumor somewhere (which he had to step back from) that the new intel macs would use the DRM chipset.  I read this as meaning "I'm never gonna use this again, and by me saying so, you should also look at this company, yell 'SHAME!' and never buy from them again".  It's not a direct call for a boycott, but boingboing is his soapbox from which he wishes to preach, so that's close enough for me.

----

Question by yankeehack (4.00 / 2) #3 Sun Feb 19, 2006 at 06:06:04 AM EST
If Cory and fellow techno journalist cum preserving our rights on the Internet politech crusader hottie Declan McCullaugh were to have a naked steelcage wrestling match together, who would win and could I watch?

Looking forward to the match,

love,

yankeehack

I have a question by Herring (4.00 / 1) #5 Sun Feb 19, 2006 at 10:06:27 AM EST
You're the driver of a bus. At the first stop, the bus picks up 13 passengers. At the second stop, 5 get off and 8 get on. At the third stop, 2 get off and 7 get on. At the fourth stop, 12 passengers get off and 3 get on. What is the driver's name.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
and Who's on first? by yicky yacky (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 12:38:58 AM EST

----
Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
Future of boingboing by whazat (4.00 / 1) #9 Sun Feb 19, 2006 at 03:15:25 PM EST
Boingboing serves as a central clearing house for quirky/interesting articles. It works because it is organised by known trustworthy editors.

As you are interested in distributed methods of assesing trustworthyness/intrestingness (whuffie) do you see in the future a distributed system that will allow people to bypass the editorship of boingboing and post directly.

And will this be an evolution of boingboing or something new?

The revolution will not be realised

Dear Cory by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #11 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 02:43:17 AM EST
U wer so duoble hot in teh Lost Boys i wuz gutted when U left the proclaimers wen R U geting teh band back to gethar? XoXoXoXoX!!!!!!!

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
... by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #12 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 05:31:02 AM EST
Alas, MNS is out of vacation somewhere .. San Fran now I think. But seemingly, we're of similar mind-sets on this, so I'll try to pick up the slack..

Cory, do you think the internet 'scene', as you are a part of, is just a bunch of self-referential, pretentious wankers ? I've seen less pretentiousness at nouveau art gallery openings.

Why is boingboing usually 2-3 days behind /. and fark in the links posted ?

Do you really think of yourself as "the cool kids" of the internet, as that's the mindset often shown in your posts ? (High school was a long time ago, chaps.. Thought we all grew up from there?)

Is boingboing meant to be part of the self-referential circle jerk ? Always posting self-links/link-whoring the editors other works ? Defining your own self-importance by self-linking and having others you link to, link back ?

my gord! by joh3n (4.00 / 1) #13 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 02:28:38 PM EST
It's as if MNS himself was typing it!

----

The pain that makes great art by 0xdeadbeef (2.00 / 0) #14 Tue Feb 28, 2006 at 08:16:22 PM EST
Hey Cory, did you ever have a girlfriend dump you for your best friend?

'cause that really sucks.

Especially when she takes all your whuffie.

Questions for Cory? | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback