My diary watchlist has exploded, and I'm tempted to hit 'clear all'. Somebody needs to start summarising the entire diary section in bullet point format, with important news from Husi posters. Or write a script to do it. :)
- Update on the big plan - sale of house has been in progress for about a month. Completion is due in about another month. Solicitor expects exchange of contracts next week - as soon as possible afterwards (we're talking within 10 minutes here folks) I shall be resigning from my job. As soon as we're ready, we're buggering off. This may involve moving into a family flat temporarily, but that's fine.
- Job, by the way, sucks. I've had suckier, but this one - well... it's just fucking crazy. Constantly shuffling around management, introducing new processes to follow, nobody knows quite what they're doing. I guess it's all the signs of a young company trying to make things work... And trying to get out of the habit of bending over and handing out pots of Vaseline to clients just because they're big names. It's interesting to watch in a train-wreck kind of way but I don't plan on sticking around.
- Riding to work has been awesome this week. Firstly because the weather's been quite springy, but also because it's half term week and the roads are deserted. There's a 3-4 mile stretch of road between two villages, on which I'll usually encounter a few cars, but didn't see a soul yesterday morning. I snuck off at 4:45 the other evening and it wasn't completely dark when I got home - yay!
- My laptop is fuckin awesome. It weighs just under 1kg, it's got funny little Japanese letters all over it, it's quiet, battery life seems to be running to about 6 hours. Gets a little hot, but then again it has no fan. And it fits into my handbag (which is just an average-sized handbag, not some monster thing). It's great to have wifi, though I find I get more done when I just go into a cafe or pub, switch the networking off and am forced to focus on something productive. Been using Jython recently, it rocks. Also learning some Common Lisp. Which is also pretty cool, but very different.
- We've been dogsitting for the past week (both various kinds of spaniel, i think, though i don't really know my dogs). As dogs go, they're not bad. It's not like they've been chewing or breaking stuff... but I'm looking forward to giving them back tomorrow. Tired of the doggie smell and being jumped on, and stared at while I'm eating. One of them's crazy, she has far too much energy. Not only does she leap up and say hello when I get home, she then gets down on the floor and does a little doggie breakdance at me. (seriously, that's what it looks like). Dgym's home all day now so he's been walking them on the heath and stuff. We're taking them up there today, but on our bikes (us, not them) to give them a better workout and hopefully tire them out. Yeah, I'm a cat person. :)
|< Captain Caveman | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >|