Print Story #65
By MillMan (Sat Feb 18, 2006 at 08:20:26 AM EST) (all tags)
Lazy weekend.

crazy redhead chick
Well that was fun for a few weeks. It wasn't go to last long regardless...when I said crazy I didn't mean that metaphorically, I meant "on lithium to keep the crazy away." Oi, I miss her talents already.

Legos - new crack addiction
I've bought four sets in the past week. That should be it until the new robotics kit comes out this summer.

Weekend
Studying for a phone interview, and probably hanging out with Upstairs Girl for a bit as she's in town. I'll have to see if she's up for dancin' since her presence makes me 100x more attractive to the other fems.

Phone interview
Probably sometime next week. Company is down in NJ, close enough that I might be able to live in Hoboken or even Brooklyn (although both might be a stretch in terms of commute time). I'd rather get a job in Ireland or UKia, but that is proving to be very tough. And...NYC!

BAXTAR approves of -10F weather

< Creating a shim DLL on Microsoft Windows | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
#65 | 36 comments (36 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
BAXTAR DEMANDS AN IGLOO by joh3n (4.00 / 1) #1 Sat Feb 18, 2006 at 08:28:14 AM EST
ou-1

----

if I were still a kid by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #4 Sat Feb 18, 2006 at 08:36:34 AM EST
I would build a quinzee, and let him hang out in it.

I never really considered face-to-face contact a possible thing. -CRwM

Your age is irrelevant by joh3n (4.00 / 2) #9 Sat Feb 18, 2006 at 11:06:24 AM EST
BAXTAR'S NEEDS ARE PARAMOUNT

----

quinzee instructions by dr k (4.00 / 1) #10 Sat Feb 18, 2006 at 11:24:00 AM EST
If there is enough snow to build one of these things, how the hell am I going to find a bunch of 45cm sticks?

:| :| :| :| :|

...and now you'experienced the power of by ti dave (4.00 / 2) #2 Sat Feb 18, 2006 at 08:29:39 AM EST
HOT CRAZY RED-HEADED SEXXORS.

Basically, it's all down-hill from there.

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. --W.S. Burroughs

indeed by MillMan (4.00 / 1) #3 Sat Feb 18, 2006 at 08:33:57 AM EST
it was better than the previous crazy redhead I was dating some time ago, but she dyed her hair, making her a faux redhead.

I never really considered face-to-face contact a possible thing. -CRwM

But was she authentically crazy? by ti dave (4.00 / 2) #7 Sat Feb 18, 2006 at 09:13:47 AM EST
Was it a complete dye-job, IYKWIM?

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.

hahaha by MillMan (4.00 / 2) #8 Sat Feb 18, 2006 at 09:26:51 AM EST
no, it wasn't. That would have been cool though.

I never really considered face-to-face contact a possible thing. -CRwM

what by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 1) #20 Sun Feb 19, 2006 at 02:09:49 AM EST
are you saying dyed ones aren't as much fun?
Send me to Austria!
your hair is dyed? by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #25 Sun Feb 19, 2006 at 06:06:35 AM EST
Would have fooled me.

I never really considered face-to-face contact a possible thing. -CRwM

i have by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 1) #26 Sun Feb 19, 2006 at 06:25:33 AM EST
only the teensiest bit of natural red, and only in certain light. the rest of the time, my hair is an icky dark blonde. part of the reason i stick with the red is that it looks natural.
Send me to Austria!
Meds and bricks by georgeha (4.00 / 3) #5 Sat Feb 18, 2006 at 08:41:00 AM EST
Well, if the meds are working to control the situation, you can build a relationship, though it can be rocky.

When I came out of my dark ages, I was happy with just a few sets, and I could even fit all my Lego in a rubbermaid organizer the size of a laptop.

This is now most of collection, in a terrible webcam pic.

UNCHANGED VISTA SINCE JULY '05. by ti dave (4.00 / 2) #6 Sat Feb 18, 2006 at 09:12:19 AM EST
[hire a servant]

I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.

I need some minions by georgeha (4.00 / 3) #12 Sat Feb 18, 2006 at 12:00:12 PM EST
who would do boring, tedious stuff like picking up, organizing and sorting for free, just to bask in my presence, because I can't afford to hire anyone.

mindstorms by garlic (4.00 / 1) #16 Sat Feb 18, 2006 at 07:39:47 PM EST
I have an older mindstorms kit that isn't seeing any use at my place. If either you or millman want it, it's yours.

I have the Scout by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #22 Sun Feb 19, 2006 at 04:39:33 AM EST
the mini version of the RCX brick with only two inputs and 600 bytes of memory, it wasn't much fun. What do you want for yours?

weird by garlic (2.00 / 0) #35 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 12:10:20 PM EST
the reply to this ended up top level.

Yeah, darn that hulver by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #36 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 02:01:06 PM EST

it was bizarre by MillMan (4.00 / 2) #18 Sat Feb 18, 2006 at 08:17:06 PM EST
her mood would go back and forth every 10 minutes. Too draining.

That's a lot of legos...looks like it's time for some rubbermaid bins.

I never really considered face-to-face contact a possible thing. -CRwM

I have bins, but it's more of a sorting thing by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #21 Sun Feb 19, 2006 at 04:38:27 AM EST
I need to sort all my unsorted stuff, by color, function and size, so when I build I'm not hampered by looking for stuff.

I also need more storage area, I should start moving some sorted stuff into the basement.

+1FP by calla (4.00 / 1) #11 Sat Feb 18, 2006 at 11:36:54 AM EST
We NEED more BAXTAR pics.

RE: UK Job by creo (4.00 / 3) #13 Sat Feb 18, 2006 at 12:43:36 PM EST
HEY - ITS OK FOR YOU YANKS TO BITCH ABOUT FOREIGNERS STEALING YOUR JOBS, BUT THE MOMENT YOU WANT TO COME OVER HERE...

...Creo looks at world map and checks location of home city...

Um...actually..never mind.

Cheers
Creo.

"I shall do what I believe to be right and honourable" - Guderian

who is bitching about it? by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #14 Sat Feb 18, 2006 at 02:09:47 PM EST
I'm competing for jobs like everyone else.

I never really considered face-to-face contact a possible thing. -CRwM

Sorry Dude by creo (4.00 / 2) #15 Sat Feb 18, 2006 at 03:38:17 PM EST
Didn't mean to irritate - I was just having fun. Are you one of our world domination cousins who has no SOH? You won't last 2 seconds with the poms if you don't grok the anglo sense of humour.

OTOH - I'm wasted. So ignore this. Plus my Aussie SOH has nearly got me killed about 5 times in the years I have been in Europe.

Cheers
Creo.

"I shall do what I believe to be right and honourable" - Guderian

heh by MillMan (4.00 / 1) #17 Sat Feb 18, 2006 at 08:11:06 PM EST
on some occasions, I choose the have no sense of humor. Most people just deal with outsourcing...only a few people are in denial about it, particularly the manufacturing sector, saying things like "China couldn't compete with us if they were being fair" and other such rhetorical nonsense.

That said I think I could do fine in UK / Ireland if I put some effort into it.

I never really considered face-to-face contact a possible thing. -CRwM

I met Millman in deep dark New Hampshire by cam (4.00 / 2) #23 Sun Feb 19, 2006 at 05:12:24 AM EST
I can't recalling him telling me to fuck off or try to strangle me over anything I said. I am 100% for everyone working in some other country (as I guess you are). It is a shame that nations make it so hard to do.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

Hard to do... by creo (4.00 / 2) #24 Sun Feb 19, 2006 at 05:27:21 AM EST
Tell me about it. The rest of what I was going to say is redacted, but involved muttering about trying to just do business on an Australian passport.

I am with you in the working in another country thing - even if it's just a short termer. It's like learning a second language - opens up different ways of thinking.

I'm sure MM will do fine, and would strongly urge him to work in the UK for a while. Hey, MM, if you read this, consider yourself urged...

Cheers
Creo.

"I shall do what I believe to be right and honourable" - Guderian

Chullain also approves of cold and snow by R343L (4.00 / 1) #19 Sat Feb 18, 2006 at 10:02:08 PM EST

aww by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #27 Sun Feb 19, 2006 at 06:27:05 AM EST
+1, snow colored doggy.

I never really considered face-to-face contact a possible thing. -CRwM

what you don't mention by theantix (2.00 / 0) #28 Sun Feb 19, 2006 at 08:21:40 AM EST
did it end with a fizzle or with a chaotic explosion that consumed your soul?

Also, NJ is not NYC, even if you can live in NYC.  I'd say hold out unless the job is really kickass or if you are dying inside from your current job and this would get you closer to what you want so you could be better able to get something in NYC or UK.

as far as my field by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #29 Sun Feb 19, 2006 at 08:54:00 AM EST
This is as close to NYC as I'm going to get. I can live fairly close to NYC, take the train to work, live without a car, and have evening access to Manhattan. I do really want to get away from my current job. The next one is similar, it would only be for a few years at the most. I really like NYC.

As far as CRC, it ended with a text message. We did talk for a bit yesterday though.

I never really considered face-to-face contact a possible thing. -CRwM

ok by theantix (2.00 / 0) #30 Sun Feb 19, 2006 at 09:02:22 AM EST
I change my vote then: go for it.  Mentally subtract one in poll for UK and add to NYC.  :-)

I want for mine to have a good home. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #31 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 04:03:34 AM EST
How's $20 sound?

is it 1.0 or 2.0? by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #32 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 08:19:05 AM EST

I never really considered face-to-face contact a possible thing. -CRwM

2 I think, but I'll have to double check. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #33 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 08:40:53 AM EST

ok by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #34 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 10:53:56 AM EST
if it's 2.0 I'll take it off your hands.

I never really considered face-to-face contact a possible thing. -CRwM