Print Story Good thing I got my mid life crisis out of the way
Health
By georgeha (Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 06:21:55 AM EST) midlife crisis, motorcycle (all tags)
a few years ago, I may still be partially crippled when I turn 40, and other health updates.

Plus, one million, two million, pretty soon we're talking real money, needles and rubbers are fun, the Exorcism of Mary Rose and less in this hasty diary.

Poll: Best midlife crisis?

Okay, this will be quick, first, a health recap, mostly for my own use.

Jaw is better, about 80%.

Feet are getting better everyday, though every step is still painful. I can wear more of my shoes.

I have had enough of this terrible hacking cough, and am getting squeezed in to see my PCP at 12:30 today, which played havoc with my work schedule, because:

We have 4 %product in jeopardy, and I am the lead for my team (which means I mostly pester developers). I hate that kind of responsibility. I need more answers for a $product saving response by this evening.

Things have been good at home, and it might be a very nice weekend, as nine year old will be camping with the Girl Scouts all weekend long. In four year old news, I dropped off the enrollment material for kindergarten this morning.

I got my carb kits, now I just have to pull them, drain them and rebuild them while watching Soapnet. I should redo my seat first. I have a month or so to get in riding shape.

Mrs. Ha rented the Exorcism of Mary Rose, and I must say while it's not my favorite genre, it is probably the best courtroom drama/exorcism film ever made.

And that is that, the endangered $product is calling me back.

< Elective Surgery | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Good thing I got my mid life crisis out of the way | 23 comments (23 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Another Ha family first by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 06:29:48 AM EST
we bought our first laser pointer, it was in the pet aisle, and indeed, the new cat loves to chase the red dot.

Interestingly enough, both Mrs. Ha and nine year old shined it in people's eyes within the first few minutes of playing with it. Mrs. Ha pleaded ignorance, she didn't realize it was a real laser.

WIPO: two V8s by cam (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 06:30:03 AM EST
just as the world hits peak oil. You must be doing riverdances over summer coming. I am.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

I need to feel physically better by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #3 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 06:45:42 AM EST
right now I just don't feel I could safely ride my bike.

:( by cam (4.00 / 1) #5 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 07:02:42 AM EST
That is probably the saddest thing I have read in a while mate. Here is to your health improving so you can enjoy life's pleaseures like riding the American autobahns with the wind in your hair.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

WIPO: by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #4 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 06:52:28 AM EST
19 year old twin sisters.

Not a midlife crisis by ks1178 (4.00 / 4) #6 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 07:09:06 AM EST
That's just taking TISG's gifts when presented. Good for any age, regardless of outside influences.

Twins always have some glaring feature flaw. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #7 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 07:25:47 AM EST
ob: The Olsen hags.

I have 20 year old twin sister nieces by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 09:56:31 AM EST
so such a poll option would have very inapproriate.

I'll bite this one by vorheesleatherface (2.00 / 0) #22 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 08:54:44 PM EST
Dude, lots of good looking twin sisters in the world to have fun with. You're the one who brought up your nieces. Why do you think that is?

WIPO: Penis extension by Rogerborg (4.00 / 2) #8 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 07:55:01 AM EST
Which I indicated by voting "sportscar".

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Oh yeah, like a Porsche, or Rover by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #12 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 09:48:02 AM EST
or whatever else it is that middle aged men buy to think they're still young and hot.

Hey, you kids! by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #15 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 10:08:25 AM EST
Get off my lawn Rover!

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Chicks dig Leylands by cam (2.00 / 0) #19 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 11:16:06 AM EST
WIPO: Buy a private jet by FlightTest (4.00 / 1) #9 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 08:19:18 AM EST

Red-headed stewardess optional.

That's far outside my price range by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 09:45:14 AM EST
I can't even afford jet lessons, let alone a real jet.

You didn't specify a price range by FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #16 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 10:14:36 AM EST

You said "best". I got to sit in the left seat of a Saberliner once, that's about as close as I'll likely ever get to a jet type rating, let alone buying a jet.

I've never flown in anything smaller than a by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #17 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 10:21:23 AM EST
turboprop puddle jumper.

There was a aero course that used a 4 seater, but I had no room in my schedule for it.

When I co-oped at the FAA (in Atlantic City), my manager wanted me to catch a flight to DC on a small business jet to pick up accident forms, but it never came through and I drove there. They had quite the fleet in the hangar, someday I'll talk about how a Chinook nearly amputated my toes.

I forgot to mention by FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #18 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 10:48:21 AM EST

Said Saberliner wasn't airborne at the time. In fact, it was sitting in a hanger, sans one engine and a functional battery.

for real. by dev trash (4.00 / 1) #20 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 03:58:09 PM EST
man oh man red heads

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
this is a serious question by garlic (4.00 / 1) #11 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 09:45:32 AM EST
do you think overall having children has made you more happy, less happy, or the same amount of happy that you'd be without children?

That is a tough question by georgeha (4.00 / 4) #13 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 09:51:18 AM EST
it's like asking

"Is this the best Superbowl ever" at the end of the first quarter.

But I would say raising children is the greatest challenge I have faced, and the most rewarding thing I have done, and so far, I think I am happier having had children.

But the breaks are still welcome and needed, as is couple time alone with Mrs. Ha, for our marriage's health, our mental health and the general health of our children's environment.

brilliant answer. by calla (4.00 / 2) #21 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 08:40:53 PM EST
Just reading it makes me feel better about being a parent.

WIPO: catch t3h gh3y [nt] by debacle (2.00 / 0) #23 Sun Feb 19, 2006 at 05:09:47 PM EST