Print Story A bug list
Scoop
By hulver (Wed Feb 15, 2006 at 12:50:28 AM EST) scoop, bugs (all tags)
A list of bugs that have appeared since I "upgraded" scoop last week.

If you have any that I've forgotten to list, please add them in a comment.

Some of the fixed ones are listed too, incase you were wondering if they've been squashed or not.

Tags don't work.
Private messages have disappeared.
Hidden images require 2 clicks to view.
$text showing in dynamic comment mode.
Watching a diary doesn't work.
Ignore story doesn't work.
ATOM feeds aren't being processed.
Saving a comment preference removes the dynamic options from the comment display list until you refresh the page.
The preferences pages look fucking awful.
Comment search is still shit.
AND I've just broken the feature that shows replies to your diary showing up in your reply hotlist. Must remember to update my sources when I fix that bug again.
Diary link on the users page.
Everything else section is empty
Replies to comments in polls don't show in the replies list
< I'm still alive | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
A bug list | 22 comments (22 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Comment search by gazbo (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Feb 15, 2006 at 01:02:20 AM EST
I know you're aware of it, but I've added it here for completeness.

Whatever did happen to vector search?

I've got no idea by hulver (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Feb 15, 2006 at 01:11:19 AM EST

Cheese is not a hat. - clock
Ah, you should have been more specific by hulver (2.00 / 0) #22 Fri Feb 24, 2006 at 10:12:37 AM EST
Of course I was aware of the comment search. I was not however, aware it was broken. I just thought you were pointing out the general shiteness of it.

Fixed now.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock

A big thank you for caring. by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed Feb 15, 2006 at 01:37:46 AM EST
I hadn't actually noticed any of these, but then again, I am forced to use Lunix sometimes and so have become highly tolerant of features that don't work quite as advertised.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Cynics start showing gratitude! by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Feb 15, 2006 at 02:30:13 AM EST
What's next, Scotchlanders making donations?

One of the seven signs of the infocalpyse. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Feb 15, 2006 at 04:30:26 AM EST

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Anti-bug by gazbo (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Feb 15, 2006 at 03:32:50 AM EST
I was going to post a bug that tags would allow google to see the intro to holed diaries.  But the golly gosh-darned testing shows you've already thought of that possibility and addressed it.

So well done you.

(Comment Deleted) by lm (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Feb 15, 2006 at 03:48:55 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by hulver

Cicero, The Republic
Yep by hulver (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Feb 15, 2006 at 04:03:20 AM EST
Doesn't need the spoiler tag BTW.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
shhh. by lm (2.00 / 0) #11 Wed Feb 15, 2006 at 07:34:16 AM EST
Keep it a secret. We don't want anyone else to know.

Cicero, The Republic
Bug reports by komet (4.00 / 2) #8 Wed Feb 15, 2006 at 04:26:58 AM EST
1) IMHO the printer view is too cluttered with the navigation topbar and the various footer stuff

2) It's not getting me laid

3) Hilarious comments I post become unfunny after 24 hour timeout

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.

Your Diary link? by clock (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Feb 15, 2006 at 05:30:33 AM EST
did that go away?  could it come back?  importance: waaaay f'n low.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

PSA by tps12 (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Feb 15, 2006 at 08:48:03 AM EST
This is not really a bug, because I'm sure it happened for a reason, but  I am posting a comment as a public service. Question marks no longer work in the text fields of image macros. &#63; works fine.

everything else link by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #13 Thu Feb 16, 2006 at 10:42:38 PM EST
http://www.hulver.com/scoop/section/__all__ is blank

Leave the all out by lm (2.00 / 0) #15 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 05:10:12 AM EST
Try http://www.hulver.com/scoop/section/

Cicero, The Republic
I realise that by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #18 Sun Feb 19, 2006 at 11:16:51 PM EST
but I was pointing out the broken link that is at the top of every page. Also they have always differed. _all_ was not the same page as when _all_ was dropped. Something akin to the difference between front page and section.

Yes by hulver (2.00 / 0) #19 Mon Feb 20, 2006 at 01:46:48 AM EST
The link was wrong. I've fixed it now.

The "Everything" page is sort of the anti-diary page. It's all the other sections apart from the hole and the diary section.

So, not a lot goes in it now.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock

Replies to your diary by God (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 01:11:13 AM EST
Did you fix that?
BEHOLD!
Just mentioning it, don't really care about it. by TheophileEscargot (2.00 / 0) #16 Sat Feb 18, 2006 at 10:16:10 AM EST
But whenever you edit a story with a link to an Amazon item, you generate an extra trackback link in the Amazon story's sidebar.
Yeah by hulver (4.00 / 1) #17 Sat Feb 18, 2006 at 01:15:48 PM EST
That's a known bug with the really dodgy trackback code I bodged together for amazon support.

It didn't really matter when editors were the only ones editing diaries, because I used to go through and delete the extra trackbacks.

Bit more difficult now though, I really aught to fix the code.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock

don't remember if this was fixed in the old scoop by tps12 (2.00 / 0) #20 Tue Feb 21, 2006 at 06:30:27 AM EST
But replies to comments in FP polls don't show up in the replies box either.

Yes, it was. by hulver (4.00 / 1) #21 Tue Feb 21, 2006 at 07:27:08 AM EST
Added to the list. Thanks.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock