Print Story We're gonna turn it on!
Media
By riceowlguy (Wed Feb 15, 2006 at 08:27:57 AM EST) DVD, Perl, Unicode (all tags)
We're gonna bring you the power!

Saints be praised, it's finally happened!

Time to get a NetFlix subscription, I think.

Why is Perl's support for character encodings other than UTF-8 so terrible?  Granted that UTF-8 is the best way to handle things, 95% of the real world usage of multi-byte character sets is is some encoding other that UTF-8.

I loved that valentine that webwench posted in the hole yesterday.  I think I should post a personal ad that basically consists of that valentine plus the sentence "I'm looking for a girl who would laugh as hard at this as I did."

< Capitalism Stole My Virginity | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
We're gonna turn it on! | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
valentine by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #1 Wed Feb 15, 2006 at 08:46:41 AM EST
I emailed it to a bunch of people I work with.  nobody has said a thing.

Same here... by miker2 (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Feb 15, 2006 at 10:14:07 AM EST
not a peep from my offensive humor loving friends.  The same folks who were hysterical laughing at my "Mohammad Atta is my co-pilot" bumper sticker idea.

Ah, sociopathy. How warm, how comforting, thy sweet embrace. - MNS
Despite the fact that by molasses (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Feb 15, 2006 at 09:46:08 AM EST
Despite all that.....

I ended up spitting soda through my nose when I saw the valentine!

Unfortunately for you/us, I'm taken.  However, if my situation were to change, I'll let you know.  I've been reading your diary and I can't get over the fact that there is a geek out there who loves to sing (and sounds like is good at it).

I'll keep you posted.  ;)

Hey by riceowlguy (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Feb 17, 2006 at 09:52:41 AM EST
We're already next to each other on the South Park page....

Too bad. :-/

That's kinda weird. by molasses (2.00 / 0) #10 Sat Feb 18, 2006 at 07:43:53 PM EST
huh.

No comment.  ;)

oh, btw: by molasses (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed Feb 15, 2006 at 09:46:44 AM EST
LOVED the Electric Company as a kid!!

Morgan Freeman rocks! by dr k (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Feb 15, 2006 at 10:18:27 AM EST
Or at least he used to.

:| :| :| :| :|

Hey You Guys! by BlueOregon (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Feb 15, 2006 at 11:02:10 AM EST

Actually, what I would love is 3-2-1 Contact on DVD ... especially the first couple seasons (80-82?). I still recall several episodes with fondness --

I also caught the last of ZOOM in the late late 70s and loved it.

True by riceowlguy (4.00 / 1) #7 Wed Feb 15, 2006 at 11:31:05 AM EST
All those shows that came on before and after Sesame Street in the afternoons on PBS...like Square One.

Too true by buttercup (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Feb 15, 2006 at 02:23:35 PM EST
Two words: Newton's Apple.

"Too slow, Chicken Merengo!" — Cat