Print Story I bought my first cane
Health
By georgeha (Wed Dec 06, 2006 at 11:51:07 AM EST) serial killers, gimps, dementia, Belsnickel (all tags)
and it wasn't even a sword cane.

Plus, too many cookies, unemployment, Nokia 1100 review, Belsnickel and less in this extemperaneous georgeha diary.

Poll: Favorite kind of cane/Caine/cane?

We had Mrs. Ha's mom this weekend, it went well, though it was still stressful. We didn't get her quad cane, which is helpful for going up and down our stairs, so I bought one Saturday afternoon. Forty freaking dollars, and it doesn't even have a sword concealed in it! Needless to say, it now stays with us. One bright spot was playing Carcassonne H&G with the girls.

Aunt Flo is visiting now, it's always one relative or another.

I also picked up my new Tracfone, a Nokia 1100, and so far I like it. It's a very minimalistic monochrome phone, with a nice long battery life. It makes and gets calls, maybe some texts, and that's about it. I can program my own tinny ringtones, too.

I had to front the money for the girl scout cookies, and it's taking a toll on my pocket book, as we still have a few cartons to deliver. One guy even up and moved on us, the jerk.

Mrs. Ha is unemployed, they gave away her job while she was on leave on her clinicals. That smarts, though the money was pretty shitty. Still, financially things are a little rough. She had an interview at a local hospital, and will apply online at another, and at an outpatient lab.

In other Mrs. Ha news, she finally moved into the 1990's and got her own email address. My ISP is now giving me 7 boxes to play with, WOOT. Ten year and old I each have two, leaving one for Mrs. Ha, one for five year old and one for the pets.

Tonight is Belsnickel night, a charming Bavarian custom that is common in the hills and dales of western Pennsylvania. He rings the doorbell at night, children that have been good get token presents, children that have been bad are taken away and chained to a tree by the river. It's a great way to see how guilty the girls feel, and also induce nightmares. Bavarians sure are sensitive.

< ATTENTION LONDON INFIDELS | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
I bought my first cane | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Gotta be Singapore by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Dec 06, 2006 at 12:03:51 PM EST
for spray painting cars..

wipo by alprazolam (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Dec 06, 2006 at 12:16:05 PM EST
mandy cane.

I'll buy the dude that moved's cookies by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Dec 06, 2006 at 03:36:25 PM EST

Provided he bought Samoans and Thin Mints, like a respectable human being.

I'll check the list by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Dec 07, 2006 at 04:44:42 AM EST
and see how many Samoas and Thin Mints we will have unaccounted for.

Awesome! by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Dec 07, 2006 at 05:32:33 AM EST

If it turns out you have any, I will happily buy your entire surplus and pay for shipping. COOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!

WIPO: cane toad . . . by slozo (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Dec 06, 2006 at 03:37:05 PM EST
. . . lick back and enjoy!

WIPO: combat cane by HappyDude (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Dec 06, 2006 at 06:43:25 PM EST
Knowing that combat canes exist should give you pause next time you decide to piss off a crotchety old man.

As for the phone... I loved my 1110 when I was in China. I just recently got a 6230 and I tell you, I miss the simplicity of my 1110. (although being able to load mp3 ringtones for free is nice)

Given the number of crotchety old men on this site by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Dec 07, 2006 at 03:14:09 AM EST
Trolls Beware!

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

WIPO: Krumpus by LinDze (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Dec 06, 2006 at 09:57:12 PM EST
I was never much for this new fangled Schwarz Piet business.

Have you recieved any tasty beverage care packages from out California way lately? I sent a little sampler a few weeks back and was wondering if you recieved it yet.

Also to second MNS id hit tap some girl scouts* if theyre not sold off yet.

*The tasty cookies, not the felon bait.

-Lin Dze
Arbeit Macht Frei

That Brown Shugga packs a wallop by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Dec 07, 2006 at 04:34:28 AM EST
9.9 percent indeed!

I'll look at the undelivered ones and see what we have left for cookies.

Ah! I missed that one! by LinDze (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Dec 07, 2006 at 08:49:03 AM EST
Yeah, its a big hitter. They also make it in 22oz bottles. One of those will put you away for the night.

The old stock gets significantly better if lay it down for a while. Its goog now, but it will be sublime if you squirrel it away until next summer/autumn.

-Lin Dze