Print Story Glamorous...
By Alice Pulley (Mon Dec 04, 2006 at 03:06:25 AM EST) (all tags)
...indie rock and roll for me.

Very tired and attempting to look busy at work whilst not actually doing anything that requires thought. Diary Time!

Hmm, whats been happening? I went to see the Killers last week at the Brixton Academy and I must say they were absolutely amazing. Such a good atmosphere before hand, the warm up (The Rapture) were top and then the Killers came on and blew the place away. They were so good, one of those occasions you know will stay with you for a long time and make you remember why you love live music.

Workwise - I am getting a payrise! Unasked for! Bizarreness indeed. My boss got a promotion to a different part of the company and took me to one side to say, I had you slated for a payrise in Q1 next year as was expecting you to ask for one, so its agreed with LargeBoss and in the budget, you just need to confirm it with new boss. Which I've done. Excellent work on old boss's behalf, top man.

My best friend is back from Paris for a week which is very good. We did sink a few too many beers yesterday catching up but it was in a civilised, chatting and watching sports in pub over several hours way, not getting bollocksed so not too guilty about it. Good to see him, although he did make a hedgehog out of some marzipan, name it Henrik and insist that it didn't like me. Maybe we were a little bollocksed.

Am with new girl. Its fantastic. Like I've got helium filled balloons tied to my shoulders and floating around rather than slouching around. Feel about 16 again. I will say no more to avoid tempting that old friend, fate.

Going out on a Xmas meal next Saturday with about 15 pals. Booked a restaurant so eating in a civilised fashion then back to a house for a party. Need to consider how to stop mad welsh friend who is essentially an outlet of Boots on legs from talking to straight laced friends girlfriend who thinks painkillers are taken only by junkies. IDEAS???

Going to see the D the weekend after.

Everything rocks.

< One summer afternoon Mrs Oedipa Maas came home from a Tupperware party | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Glamorous... | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden)
Dose Welsh friend by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #1 Mon Dec 04, 2006 at 03:22:57 AM EST
If he's a gibbering wreck then of won't be able to talk about all the drugs he takes.

p.s. I've been going to DullTrev's school of giving advice. Can you tell any improvements yet?

Define 'improvements'... by Alice Pulley (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Dec 04, 2006 at 03:27:02 AM EST
And frankly, I don't have enough money to buy enough stuff to dose this man. He's virtually immune after 20 years solid of raving.

Incompatible friends by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #3 Mon Dec 04, 2006 at 03:37:34 AM EST
Are not your responsibility. Let them work it out between them.

Good luck with the lass.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

For some bizarre reason... by Alice Pulley (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Dec 04, 2006 at 04:00:08 AM EST
...I feel responsible. A strangely large proportion of my friends are friends originally through me (I don't do that seperate groups of friends thing, if I get on with someone I invite them to whatever I do) so I kind of feel responsible for making sure they get on.

You're probably right though, I think I will try a quiet word in his ear and leave it at that...

Plus: thanks. Due to previous egg/face incidents (expertly pointed out by debacle) I am trying not to say too much about it. But its absolutely fantastic :)

I used to feel like that with my friends by nebbish (4.00 / 2) #5 Mon Dec 04, 2006 at 04:20:20 AM EST
But they're adults and perfectly capable of working it out themselves. And if not, well, fuck em. Running around after them trying to make sure they all get on is stressful and probably counterproductive as well. Social ocassions are a whole lot easier since I realised this (but yeah, a quiet word in his ear will probably be a good idea).

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

True, true, true... by Alice Pulley (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Dec 04, 2006 at 04:40:25 AM EST
...and excellent, sigged.

I am honoured [nt] by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #7 Mon Dec 04, 2006 at 04:51:53 AM EST

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Jealousy by Phage (4.00 / 1) #8 Mon Dec 04, 2006 at 05:01:25 AM EST
Killers followed by T-D ?
swine.
Ob:plzpstpix of straight friends meeting drug-crazed loon. Ta.

I know... by Alice Pulley (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Dec 04, 2006 at 05:08:33 AM EST
...its pretty fucking sweet and all done at the minimum of effort to me in that other people sorted the tickets out. Plus we're watching the D in Brighton and going out on the tiles after. Coolio.

I will try and get a picture of the car-crash moment when scary wrong welshman offers scary straight woman a pill (which is inevitable whatever I do). I will then run for the hills.

instant wrong impression by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Dec 04, 2006 at 06:56:41 AM EST
I figgered the welsh dude had multicoloured very styled hair and smelled strongly fragrant.

I have no better description... by Alice Pulley (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon Dec 04, 2006 at 11:57:38 PM EST
...than to say that appearance is entirely possible. I've not seen him like that yet but bear in mind, this is the man who turned up for a black tie new years eve party in a brown cordoruy suit, purple shirt, and approx nape length hair slicked back with a mountain of brylcreem. This, it seems, was 'dressed up'.

aha by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #13 Tue Dec 05, 2006 at 12:14:12 AM EST
I see he has read the 'comedy welsh guy' manual.

I believe he carries it. by Alice Pulley (2.00 / 0) #14 Tue Dec 05, 2006 at 12:15:58 AM EST
I didn't even mention his ob Austin Powers specs. Honestly.

I have a craving for green onion and avacado by debacle (4.00 / 1) #11 Mon Dec 04, 2006 at 12:32:45 PM EST
Hummus.

That's great about the girl thing, too.

Glamorous... | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden)