Print Story What's in your other browser windows/tabs right now?
By priestess (Fri Dec 29, 2006 at 11:04:36 AM EST) (all tags)
Theophile made me look at my tab-bar and see what I've got open at the moment. What do YOU have open at the moment?

I got a kinda chat-window I'm using for talking to some friends, an index of some neal stephenson stuff that I might read later left over from last night when I was wikipedia-ing about how much of The Baroque Cycle was based in fact since I finished it this holiday, The Reddit homepage, My Custom Google-Homepage (which has my calander, RSS reader, todo list and usenet bookmarks), A RichardDawkins.net article I'm half-reading that came from that RSS feed, the Theophile diary I opened this posting window from and this posting window.

TOTAL: Seven

< I'm a man who doesn't know how to sell a contradiction. | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
What's in your other browser windows/tabs right now? | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
My tabs: by miker2 (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Dec 29, 2006 at 12:30:53 PM EST
Google RSS Reader
Wikipedia entry for The Band's The Last Waltz
Google maps directions to a coworkers hotel
Google maps directions to Marrakesh in philly
Ana's diary entry
This page

Ah, sociopathy. How warm, how comforting, thy sweet embrace. - MNS
RichardDawkins.Net? by lm (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Dec 29, 2006 at 12:42:23 PM EST
Is that some sort of new programming paradigm?

In other news, I categorically refuse to state what is open in my other browser tab.

Cicero, The Republic
Yes, as it happens by motty (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Dec 29, 2006 at 03:46:44 PM EST
Richard Dawkins.Net is a system of libraries which all robustly refuse to acknowledge the existence of the language they are programmed in. They still run, though.

I amd itn ecaptiaghle of drinking sthis d dar - Dr T
Heh. by priestess (4.00 / 1) #5 Fri Dec 29, 2006 at 07:22:28 PM EST
I'd have done the joke the other way, with an "it has introspection" meaning it can understand it's own (genetic) code.

But it wouldn't be any funnier, and you thought of it first. claps

Pre........
---------
Chat to the virtual me...

Nothing by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Dec 29, 2006 at 05:12:19 PM EST
One tab: husi.

There's another window with google's rss reader that I didn't realize was there when I clicked on firefox.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman

Bad Timing by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #6 Sat Dec 30, 2006 at 07:16:34 AM EST
Some times I have ~20+ tabs open; but when you asked the question I only had two - this and reddit.

It was an American tradition, like fathers chasing kids around with power tools.