Print Story when you walk do you walk to your preference?
By alprazolam (Tue Dec 19, 2006 at 09:47:25 AM EST) whining, nerdery (all tags)
a lot of hardly working today..

took Friday off work, to get my carpet steam cleaned. It was worth it...clean carpet is one of the true joys in life. Did some other stuff but nothing interesting.

Saturday I drove back to Austin, the doctor from San Antonio brought a bunch of her doctor friends up (technically they're all residents for another few months, but whatever). One was really cool and good looking and fun, that was her best friend. The other was cute but not my type (she likes older guys, because they "know what they want"). She also brought a guy who is the speak first, think later type. Reminded me of me from college.

Anyway we hung out in Austin and it was a ton of fun. Did a lot of drinking but no making out so I guess that would have to be considered disappointing. I didn't have that in my head though. It's like there are different alprazolams, the "socializing" alprazolam, the "making out" alprazolam, and the "work makes me want to kill myself" alprazolam. I have great difficulting switching from one mode to another, it often takes days of preparation. I need to be smoother...guess I just have to keep working on it.

Downloaded the Cowboys game Sunday night when I got back but haven't finished it yet, just got through the first half this morning. Demarcus Ware is turning into a beast.

Hung out with the former neighbor, whom I'll hence refer to as Mr. Dazzle. He was druuunk, apparently he got a B in his math class so he was pissed off and got drunk. He swears he got the matrix stuff right. I hope so since I spent over an hour last week helping him with it.

Work is boring and frustrating and I constantly feel like I'm wasting my life. I also feel like all my skills have eroded and I've forgotten everything I learned in school, so that I'd never be able to get a job anywhere else.

My sister was dating an older guy, she was to meet him Saturday but he was really drunk, so she left. He texted her Sunday morning and then apparently was found dead (alcohol + diabetes) Sunday night. She's a little down.

My brother had an interview in Chicago but didn't get it, but he's not giving up yet.

I'm trying to finish up the second book in the Foundation series. I stayed up til 12:30 reading last night and I'm tired now. Fortunately I have my own happy little coffee maker right here under my desk.

I tried making Red Pepper Crusted Tuna with Mango Salsa last week. It was a mediocre effort at best, but I suppose I learned a little bit.

I'm burned out at the gym even though I've been taking Friday off this month. I haven't been on a real routine so I haven't been making much progress. Hopefully that will change next year when I plan to start on a new routine.

I bought my mom a $60 table runner and paid $30 to ship it overnight. Whatever....I'm not going to think about it anymore.

I'm going to St. Louis for New Year's. Should be a ton of fun.

< New Old New Music | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
when you walk do you walk to your preference? | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
What'er you doing in STL? First Night? by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Dec 19, 2006 at 10:08:41 AM EST
I'll look for you -- with my new high-power laser scope...

we'll be by alprazolam (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Dec 19, 2006 at 12:38:08 PM EST
engaging in the consumption of illicit sundry items, as well as watching the all powerful Razorbacks, under the leadership of the Heroic General Darren McFadden, trounce the Wisconsin BadgeGirls.

honestly i have no intention of being sober for any of it, so making it out into public will definitely be an adventure.

Very well. I'll be sleeping. by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #11 Tue Dec 19, 2006 at 04:02:47 PM EST
And I have no actual weapons anyway.

I use the Colgan Power Progam by miker2 (4.00 / 1) #2 Tue Dec 19, 2006 at 10:13:36 AM EST
BOOKIE

It's a complete year broken down into 4 cycles (although what you do for the Link Cycle is sport-specific).  I'm just finishing up the first period next week and plan on finishing the Power Cycle right when spring hits.

I used an abbreviated version this plan last off-season (started late), and I put on ~6lbs of much needed muscle and bumped ~60W on the bike.  I'm not expecting those kind of gains this year, but I'm already seeing improvement on the bike.

Ah, sociopathy. How warm, how comforting, thy sweet embrace. - MNS
looks interesting by alprazolam (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Dec 19, 2006 at 12:35:37 PM EST
i'll have to see if i can find it in a bookstore and peruse it. i do find training power and explosiveness to be pretty fun stuff. i'm really gonna miss the power clean next year :(

Colgan has power cleans by miker2 (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Dec 19, 2006 at 01:54:03 PM EST
The entire Power Cycle is big weight/low-rep movements like the clean, squat, bench press, deadlift, etc.

The part I'm amazed with is how injury-free I am since starting it.  No more IT band issues, no more shoulder issues when swimming, just more injury free training and racing.

I think he has a website which outlines the program, teh gooogel should know.

Ah, sociopathy. How warm, how comforting, thy sweet embrace. - MNS
Where do you download the games at? by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Dec 19, 2006 at 10:33:37 AM EST
I took 3 weeks off from the gym around my vacation. It helps to revitalize the mental state and lets the joints get a bit of a break.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

tenyardtorrents.com by alprazolam (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Dec 19, 2006 at 12:31:07 PM EST
you have to register for their forums, but once you do that you can download torrents for almost any game (assuming you have a bittorrent client).

i took thanksgiving week off, and i will be taking off between thursday and monday after new years, hopefully that's long enough. i get to feeling fat if i take more than a week off. i think my main problem is lack of progress combined with being depressed after work...the new program ought to help out a lot.

I went to the gym last night by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Dec 19, 2006 at 10:44:12 AM EST
for the first time in 2 weeks (since I started feeling like ass).  I did a really easy routine on the stairmaster, and almost had to stop 4 times.  I was totally winded the rest of the night (literally - I couldn't catch my breath until right before bedtime).

I absolutely HATE not being able to exercise.  :(

the good thing is by alprazolam (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Dec 19, 2006 at 12:39:26 PM EST
that if you only take a couple weeks off, it's not that hard to get your conditioning back to close to what it was before. so don't slack off! ;)

I dunno by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #10 Tue Dec 19, 2006 at 03:45:46 PM EST
whatever is going on with me is bigger than just missing 2 weeks of the gym.  everything is completely out of whack.

i guess i'll see what the doc can find on thursday.

Residents are Doctors by mmangino (4.00 / 1) #12 Wed Dec 20, 2006 at 03:03:23 AM EST
They have completed medical school and have their MD, so they are doctors. They just aren't board certified in a specialty.