Print Story Ladies and gentlemen, I give you ...
By Herring (Wed Dec 13, 2006 at 11:37:02 PM EST) cricket, stuff (all tags)
Thursday. Again.

Update [2006-12-14 8:0:25 by Herring]: Updated to include a poll.

I've been acting out of character at work recently. Not sure why. Due to boredom, I've been experimenting with being helpful and taking on stuff out of my normal remit.

So this afternoon, apparently I'm training some people from an external company on the thing they use to interface with our new system. Training is definitely not one of my core skills. Just to test my patience further, the "thing" in question was written by World's Worst Programmer and is known to be rubbish.

If anyone says that my reward will be in heaven, I shall explain that I would rather have it in a pay review.

Cricket: a cautious yay!

Just as I type that, Cook edges to Langer. Fucking typical.

The shop hasn't called yet to tell me my pre-amp is in. Grr. Yes I am trying to tempt fate again by typing that.

Oh fuck, now Bell's gone.

I think I'll stop before anything else bad happens.

< Mystery Train? Soul Train? Orient Express? | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you ... | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Cricket by gazbo (4.00 / 3) #1 Wed Dec 13, 2006 at 11:55:50 PM EST
Yeah, we're sure to beat them having got them out for such a low total.  The only way it could be better is if we did ridiculously well and declared well into the 500s...

Oh.

Quite by Herring (4.00 / 2) #2 Thu Dec 14, 2006 at 12:02:04 AM EST
I still reckon that's what caused the LNB on my Sky dish to commit suicide.

I was going to write to the ECB to complain.

Verdict on the selectors:
+2 for sticking with Harmison
-5 for picking Giles over Panesar for the first two tests

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky

Hold the Yays! by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Dec 14, 2006 at 12:36:18 AM EST
England managed to be two wickets down already

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
I think I may have mentioned that by Herring (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Dec 14, 2006 at 12:41:44 AM EST
At least they avoided the follow-on.

If Collingwood can hang around and get a decent total, then there's a chance.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky

IT by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 2) #5 Thu Dec 14, 2006 at 04:46:35 AM EST
it's a total mix.

Lots of tools have come about to make development and administration easier.  However, lots of idiots only know said tools and don't understand the underlying technology - they are the ones who cause so many of my problems.

At least the "average joe" understands that IT is necessary, and they embrace it.  Too bad they're so easily swayed by vendors, and don't bother to have the IT dept approve purchases.

IT by numbers by Merekat (4.00 / 2) #6 Thu Dec 14, 2006 at 04:58:01 AM EST
Or as I prefer to call it, by magic incantation.

Kids today, eh. by Herring (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Dec 14, 2006 at 05:37:58 AM EST
One of my favourite ways to annoy people is when they ask "So, how does it work?" to start with a brief explanation of the arrangement of electrons in a silicon crystal lattice and how doping can create areas with too many or too few electrons. I normally get told to fuck off before I get as far as bipolar junction transistors.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky