Print Story nebbish said trouble comes in threes...
Death
By Metatone (Tue Dec 12, 2006 at 10:34:21 AM EST) fun loving funerals, etc (all tags)
For those who read my lst diary, I went to the first funeral and it passed off relatively quickly and smoothly, despite traffic.

W had 4 more heart attacks in the night and wasn't revivable. Funeral is next Wed.

Last night, Mr. D, one of my Dad's oldest friends in England (who I've known since I was remembering knowing people) died too. 91.

So, that's 3. I'm ready for my good news now?

I did have some thoughts on the first funeral, it made me muse about society and the changes in Britain since 1905 (when R was born), but I don't have the energy right now. Maybe when I've got some more work done this evening (or some more red wine soaked up...)
< Fleas on your dad | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
nebbish said trouble comes in threes... | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Oh man by ad hoc (4.00 / 2) #1 Tue Dec 12, 2006 at 11:49:50 AM EST
that sucks.
Hypocrisy is the resin that holds the plywood of society together
Well, discounting any terrible conditions . . . by slozo (4.00 / 1) #2 Tue Dec 12, 2006 at 02:35:04 PM EST
. . . for him at the end, ending the ride of life after 90 odd years is a damn good showing. Hopefully surviving the two great wars had a positive impact as opposed to just living through them . . .

Would love to hear the musings on 1905.

Sorry to hear this mate. by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue Dec 12, 2006 at 02:45:56 PM EST
/pint

I might have to hold you by Metatone (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Dec 12, 2006 at 10:05:06 PM EST
to that if I'm down in London in January, I hear the pints are expensive down South...

No problem. by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Dec 13, 2006 at 12:33:22 AM EST
Bring your drinking trousers, I'm buying.

Hooray! [n/t] by Herring (4.00 / 1) #8 Wed Dec 13, 2006 at 01:38:15 AM EST

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
When I said in threes... by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #5 Tue Dec 12, 2006 at 11:53:29 PM EST
I meant the three tragedies in your last diary (count 'em). You've had four now. So you're due a long tragedy-free period.

Or something.

I feel for you mate. It's really hard when a friend of one of your parents goes. You grow up with them in a way. Condolences.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Strange by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #7 Wed Dec 13, 2006 at 01:04:04 AM EST
Before coming to Husi I was wandering through WikiPedia at random, as one does while commissioning a Linux SVN/Apache server, and ended at the entry for the Dead Parrot Sketch.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Sometimes you just have to roll with the punches by TPD (4.00 / 1) #9 Wed Dec 13, 2006 at 02:54:35 AM EST
but I hope you get that good news soon.

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
I don't have any good news for you by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #10 Wed Dec 13, 2006 at 03:56:44 PM EST

But here's a puppy:

That doesn't fix much, but it's a puppy. Sorry, though.