Print Story WFC4 post mortem
By fleece (Mon Nov 06, 2006 at 12:46:17 PM EST) (all tags)
The odd spot

I suck

< I think that was a weekend | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
WFC4 post mortem | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
not true by Kellnerin (4.00 / 2) #1 Mon Nov 06, 2006 at 01:02:58 PM EST
I agree with 256 on this one. I thought there was lots of great observation, managed to do the "poor schmuck" thing without making me go "who cares?" and, most of all, the fact that he was a UPS inspector paid off at the end.

"If we build it, will they come, and what will they do when they get here?" -- iGrrrl
thanks! by fleece (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Nov 06, 2006 at 01:27:15 PM EST
but i still suck, like, just in general.

roll on WFC5!!!

if you say so by Kellnerin (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Nov 06, 2006 at 01:40:07 PM EST
But, like, I think that may have been TMI.

I did not think the story sucked. by toxicfur (4.00 / 2) #4 Mon Nov 06, 2006 at 03:55:46 PM EST
Whether you suck or not is, as Kellnerin pointed out ahead of me, your own business.

I did think the story worked, and I loved the language. I'm amazed at your ability to choose just the right details for your stories, as if you're showing me the same ol' world in a whole new way.
-----
inspiritation: the effect of irritating someone so much it inspires them to do something about it. --BuggEye

thanks TF by fleece (4.00 / 2) #5 Mon Nov 06, 2006 at 07:02:46 PM EST
really i was just experimenting with posting a minimalist WFC post mortem diary, after everyone else was being teh verbose (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

thanks for the feedback. you know i really did stay in the Dymo motel motel once. There was so many of those red labels, it was just fucking ridiculous. I'm not a fat UPS salesman though. I was the WAN/router/sysadmin guy and I visited hundreds of hospitals and small-town doctor's offices all up and down the east coast of australia.

I've also spent a lot of time sitting in the machine rooms of medical centres at 4am, praying the data transfer will be finished by opening time. At times like these, waiting room goldfish are stellar company. Also, if you've been awake for like 30 hours straight, power supply cooling fans sound like they're murmering dark secrets about you every time your attention lapses....

WFC4 post mortem | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback