Print Story Hey guys
By webwench (Sat Nov 25, 2006 at 10:31:41 PM EST) (all tags)
I'm having a bit of a diarist's crisis, and I'm trying to figure out how much of it is my fault.

Some of you guys have known me for a while. You've read a few months or a few years of trials, tribulations, and tedium. You know at least as much as anyone who just randomly stumbles into these pages and reads a few entries apropos of nothing.

So, based on my diary history, do I come across as that bad of a human being? Honestly, now. I'm not planning to, like, jump off a roof or anything like that, because on the whole I'm a happy little camper these days. I'm just... curious.

P.S. This is not a drunken diary.

< Qwerty's New World Symphony | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Hey guys | 48 comments (48 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I am certain of one thing: by dr k (4.00 / 2) #1 Sat Nov 25, 2006 at 10:52:10 PM EST
I am not a fish, and I will not bite at this blatant ploy to get people to get people to say things about... whatever it is... the things that... wtf are you talking about?

:| :| :| :| :|

just vote, by webwench (2.00 / 0) #2 Sat Nov 25, 2006 at 11:00:57 PM EST
you bozo. I can't see who voted for what, so it's perfectly safe and retribution-free.

Getting more attention than you since 1998.

your poll by dr k (4.00 / 1) #4 Sat Nov 25, 2006 at 11:13:46 PM EST
You ought to know by now that I find ranked opinion polls to be worse than useless. Without a statistically meaningful standard deviation, how can you compare your poll against similiar polls asked by other Husi "sock puppet" accounts?

:| :| :| :| :|

your question by webwench (2.00 / 0) #5 Sat Nov 25, 2006 at 11:15:20 PM EST
smacks of math, statistics, and most of all effort, therefore I abstain.

Getting more attention than you since 1998.

I think you're pretty awesome, myself by yankeehack (4.00 / 3) #3 Sat Nov 25, 2006 at 11:06:24 PM EST
and no, I haven't gotten a bad vibe from your diaries lately (termite bond not included in previous).
thanks yankeehack by webwench (2.00 / 0) #12 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 04:23:39 AM EST
I think you and the LO are swell :)

Getting more attention than you since 1998.

Cheer up ww... by Metatone (4.00 / 2) #6 Sat Nov 25, 2006 at 11:42:32 PM EST
You're a scholar and a lady. I give you a 9, the perfection only disrupted by the way you seem almost as paranoid as me...

thanks metatone by webwench (4.00 / 1) #9 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 04:04:41 AM EST
You know what they say about paranoia, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you ;)

Getting more attention than you since 1998.

I'd have given you a higher mark by hulver (4.00 / 4) #7 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 12:04:12 AM EST
But you do drive an SUV. ;)
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
between the SUV and the diesel by webwench (2.00 / 0) #10 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 04:08:35 AM EST
I am rather evil, I guess.

Getting more attention than you since 1998.

well by martingale (4.00 / 1) #8 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 12:46:24 AM EST
You're a wench on the web, that puts you ipso facto in the group of people I most admire. What's not to like? You could be writing drivel about old men buying women's shoes, and I'd still lap it up :)
$E(X_t|F_s) = X_s,\quad t > s$
A flawed but decent person by georgeha (4.00 / 4) #11 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 04:19:09 AM EST
but aren't we all.

Nope. by CheeseburgerBrown (4.00 / 3) #13 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 04:39:43 AM EST
I can only think of a handful of people here whose writing suggests to me that they may actually suck hard as human beings, and you're not on that list.

I am from a small, unknown country in the north called Ca-na-da.
Attn: Ms Wench by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #14 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 06:11:10 AM EST
If I thought you could get here, you'd be on my must-have-over-for-dinner list.

Take that as you will.

You're not perfect by any stretch.  But whereas some people aren't but think they are, you have the humility to try harder.

i second that by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #18 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 07:39:40 AM EST
in fact, you ARE invited to dinner, if you still want to be.
---------
Dance On, Gir!
I've met you in person by ad hoc (4.00 / 2) #15 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 06:44:32 AM EST
my perspective is coloured by that singularly awesome experience.
Hypocrisy is the resin that holds the plywood of society together
Answer - by lb008d (4.00 / 2) #16 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 06:51:30 AM EST
I've read your diaries a long time and you have always seemed to have your priorities right - i.e. taking care of yourself and your kid first.

Remember that the worldviews, beliefs and lifestyles of the people here aren't necessarily mainstream, so if other "normal" people are judging you (which I'm assuming is what prompted this diary) you can disregard what they have to say, IMHO.

I think by ana (4.00 / 2) #17 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 06:58:17 AM EST
you're a level headed person trying to get on with your life, the best way you knows how.

Regular, or decaf abomination? --Kellnerin

Bad? by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #19 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 08:03:11 AM EST
Er....what have you done bad?

Shit, compared to half my relatives, you're a combination of Mother Theresa and Madam Curie.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman

Old and dead? by mrgoat (4.00 / 4) #36 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 06:02:15 PM EST
That doesn't sound right.

--top hat--
Old and dead by Phage (2.00 / 0) #38 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 11:58:59 PM EST
But still hot.

Mother Theresa, by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #43 Mon Nov 27, 2006 at 05:27:25 AM EST
she ate radioactive orphans now?

I wouldn't be at all surprised by Phage (2.00 / 0) #45 Mon Nov 27, 2006 at 05:52:01 AM EST
Kids today are capable of anything.

I refuse to vote by komet (4.00 / 2) #20 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 08:18:07 AM EST
I believe that everyone's life is worth the same. However, you do not come across as a bad person through your diaries. You have flaws like all people do. I wouldn't mind meeting you, FWIW.

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.
You're wonderful by FlightTest (4.00 / 1) #21 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 09:20:34 AM EST
Honestly.

I've been reading your diaries for quite a long time. While I've not agreed with every decision you've made (that you've chosen to share with us), I've never thought "WTF was she thinking?". As others have said, you've always seemed to put the best interests of your kid first, and that's a big thing in my mind.

Besides, you're a pilot, what's not to like? :)

If you ever come out to Cali, let us know, we'd love to hang out with you.

I agree with my hubby. by Mrs FlightTest (4.00 / 1) #22 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 10:15:23 AM EST
If we ever get our 310 you are on our list of folks to visit. Hey maybe we could meet half way somewheres someday??!! If'n you could get a plane long enough.

Here's an idea, we could all fly to Houston & harass visit the McRacky household!!! That would be an adventure to be sure.

Wheeee...Flyin` is Fun!!

Wheeee...Flyin' is Fun!!

w00t! by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #31 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 03:02:11 PM EST

(Comment Deleted) by randomxs (4.00 / 2) #23 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 10:42:47 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by randomxs

I wouldn't lie to you by debacle (4.00 / 2) #24 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 11:15:48 AM EST
But I'm not saying a another fucking word.

No, you don't come off as a bad person by iGrrrl (4.00 / 1) #25 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 11:36:36 AM EST
But I will say that to me you present better IRL, for some reason.  I know I come off as different from my diaries, too.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

she's very sweet in person by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #37 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 08:42:57 PM EST
the libertarian gun-toting dominatrix that gets rogerborg et al all worked up is just an internet fantasy.

You, I think, have a particularly strong aura that can't be transmitted over these pipes of text.

When I'm imprisoned as an enemy combatant, will you blog about it?

Don't you ride a Triumph? by Gully Foyle (4.00 / 1) #26 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 12:34:25 PM EST
Can't be all bad then...

Public fora don't give you honest answers. -nt by chuckles (4.00 / 3) #27 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 12:43:56 PM EST

Validation given. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #28 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 01:06:55 PM EST
Level headed, hard working, interesting, witty, lively, etc...

Seems you meet the criteria of decent human being pretty well to me.

Well, you know what I think... by atreides (4.00 / 1) #29 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 01:28:35 PM EST
...but I'm your dupe account so I don't know if it counts.

Have you seen The Passion yet? Here's a spoiler for you: Jesus dies.
"...compassion is more than a 16 point word in scrabble." - MostlyHarmless

while the rtermites did freak me out. by dev trash (4.00 / 1) #30 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 02:53:40 PM EST
I must say that generally you're okay.

Blizzard of Death '06
You're a great person by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #32 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 03:04:55 PM EST
As was said earlier, you're doing the best you can with what you have.  Everybody makes mistakes, not everybody learns from them - you learn from your mistakes.

Diaries are always a great place to whine and vent, and I don't see you doing that more or less than anybody else here.

well... by clock (4.00 / 1) #33 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 03:24:47 PM EST
...i've said before that you look an awful lot like an ex-gf of mine and that may be points against you...but since we're talking strictly diaries here, i don't think you're any more fucked up or rotten than anybody else 'round here.  so yeah...don't sweat it.  i think you're AY-OH-KAY!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

I'm trying to compose a post with by clover kicker (4.00 / 4) #34 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 03:56:35 PM EST
the appropriate balance of humour, re-assurance and insight while minimizing the creepy stalker vibe.

I ain't having much luck, so I'll just say what I think.

I'm quite fond of the persona you project here.

You're funny, likeable, and I'm a sucker for smart chicks.

You're cute.

You're a bit of an attention whore, but I like you, so I don't find it annoying.

Big virtual hugs from some anonymous dude somewhere on the internet.

PS - I'd Hole this diary if it was me, but I admit I'm a little paranoid about my online persona.

Best post by Phage (2.00 / 0) #39 Mon Nov 27, 2006 at 12:00:46 AM EST
I wish I'd written that.

You introduced me to Thai iced coffee, by toxicfur (4.00 / 1) #35 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 04:01:32 PM EST
which makes you something of a demi-goddess. ;-)

Seriously, I liked you very much in person when I was a very new and very shy husi-person. And, though I rarely comment, I nearly always read your diaries - they're different from your RL persona, but you've stayed on my watchlist. I think if we lived closer together, I'd like having you as a part of our usual Husilunch crowd.
-----
inspiritation: the effect of irritating someone so much it inspires them to do something about it. --BuggEye

I'd do you by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #40 Mon Nov 27, 2006 at 03:45:18 AM EST
Is that a 1 or a 10 rating?

Ok, seriously, you seem to have fun and manage being a single parent fairly well, and you're a chick into bikes, cars, aircraft, and even computers for gawds sake. What's there not to like?

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Doesn't made a difference by kwsNI (2.00 / 0) #47 Sun Dec 03, 2006 at 09:44:45 AM EST
It'd be different if she said she'd do you, but as it is, I think you'd do a 0 if she was willing.

you seem alright, by alprazolam (4.00 / 5) #41 Mon Nov 27, 2006 at 03:51:34 AM EST
albeit a little stingy with the topless pics

phage was totally wrong. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #42 Mon Nov 27, 2006 at 04:42:28 AM EST

I don't seem to recall by vorheesleatherface (2.00 / 0) #44 Mon Nov 27, 2006 at 05:47:58 AM EST
ever reading anything that even vaguely resembled you doing or saying something that would indicate you are anything less than a thoughtful, warm individual. You seem very nice. Why the diary and poll?

I like you by RapidHamster (2.00 / 0) #46 Tue Nov 28, 2006 at 07:51:37 AM EST
You have been on my watchlist since well into K5, and I always enjoy hearing about whats going on in your world.

Its nice to hear things from the female perspective from time to time.

I would not rate you any crazier than the average girl.

Sorry by barooo (2.00 / 0) #48 Mon Dec 04, 2006 at 06:23:49 AM EST

Meant to post this while it was relevant, but you're pretty cool.  Having actually met you in person cements that opinion.

man, i need a beefy taco now.
-gzt