Print Story Right writing rites
By ana (Thu Nov 02, 2006 at 12:12:23 PM EST) nanowrimo, fun-loving cowwqas., ibook (all tags)
  • NaNo

Made quota for the second day running. I have a wonderful chance to sit around later (a.k.a. appointment at the optometrist), so perhaps I'll start on the next chapter. I have no idea where this is going; the main character is rather unlike anything I've written before. I'm not entirely sure I want to share headspace with him for a month.

If you'd like to read along, PM me and we'll talk.

Not all that much going on. There's a relativly minor editing job coming up that I have a couple weeks to get to. And a meeting to decide what the collective We should be working on next, for which I should prepare some stuff. Not that big a deal.

I really miss the light in the afternoons. It's now 5:15 and it's been dark for a while already. In another 6-7 weeks, it'll be completely dark by 4:30 in the afternoon.

My iBook, irving, is now a bit over a year old. I bought it last year in the run-up to NaNoWriMo, and in fact wrote a 50k word novel on it. Irving also served nobly as a stand-in for farley, toxicfur's iBook, when Teh Dawg (not the current one, the previous one) destroyed it a week before the $evil_project deadline. I like this computer a lot.

< All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go.. | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Right writing rites | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I'd like to read along by debacle (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Nov 02, 2006 at 12:53:14 PM EST
And viciously berate you for any grammatical or spelling errors via podcast of video blog.

I think it would bring us closer together.

PM me and we'll talk.

or* by debacle (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Nov 02, 2006 at 12:53:52 PM EST
Oh, the irony, it burns us.

Wrong attitude! by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Nov 02, 2006 at 01:35:04 PM EST
Keep your hopes up for Dec 21.  After that the days keep getting longer and longer.

Blizzard of Death '06
That's by Pasofol (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Nov 02, 2006 at 02:51:23 PM EST
still a long way off, until then we'll have to colour our hair bright colours so that cars don't drive over us in the middle of the day.  Well the hair dying might be only me.

More info by Pasofol (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Nov 02, 2006 at 02:54:59 PM EST
about the main character.  I might be interested in reading along but could use some more info.  Or just pm me, and I'll see what you have.

So by ana (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Nov 02, 2006 at 03:39:08 PM EST
the one-sentence summary that I wrote before I started into all this was something like "A young man in a hurry discovers that he can make things happen if he's not too scrupulous about his methods." He's loosely based on the main character in my old Ed Hulver story (see links in the WFC1 announcement, which might be on the front page if you page down far enough).

Regular, or decaf abomination? --Kellnerin