Print Story From the deep sea of clouds to the island of the moon
By FlightTest (Sat Nov 11, 2006 at 05:22:55 PM EST) (all tags)
Sail away, sail away, sail away.

School is kicking my butt, I've barely any time to turn around anymore. I have a rare relatively free weekend, and since one of the things on my list of things to do "sometime" is a diary entry, this seems as good a time as any.

School

Really kicking my butt. I'm up until around midnight (or later) every night and get up at 6am. That just isn't enough sleep for me. So if some of this is more incoherent than normal, that's probably why. This weekend I've been able to sleep in a bit, so that's good.

Job

It's okay. Better than working for the state, although a lot harder. At least this is real engineering. The people aren't as easygoing as the people at the state job were, but I guess that's not a huge surprise. I still talk to/email the people I worked with at the state occasionally, and they tell me I am missed, but they understand that I wouldn't be satisfied at that kind of job.

Flying

With a little luck, I'm going flying tomorrow. I haven't flown in 7 weeks!!! That is so not good for the airplane, or me. Mechanic was going to take it and work on it, but now it looks like he's going to Pakistan for a month on a contract.

310

A 310 our mechanic was looking at turned out to be more work than he wanted to put into it. So, being in no hurry, we'll keep looking. I'm not in a super hurry to pay more for gas and insurance either.

Fishies

As of last weekend, we no longer have fishies. We weren't really paying any attention to them, other than to feed them, and I didn't have time to clean the tanks, etc, so we gave them all to the fish store. The 10 gallon tank we're going to toss, it's glass and has some junk on the outside that won't come off. The 55 gallon we're going to try to Craigslist or something. New, they go for around $600 in the fish store for just the tank, so hopefully we can get $200 to $300 with the pump and filter and such.

House

We get a new heater and A/C unit installed Monday and Tuesday. An asbestos contractor removed the old ductwork last week, we're also getting all new ductwork, which should help the A/C efficiency somewhat as well. We even went for the electronic air cleaner.

Mrs. FT

The hot flashes are really a huge drain on her, to the point that her quality of life is really suffering. She goes back to see the doc soon, but we're not sure what path to proceed on. If a reasonable solution can't be found, she's seriously considering signing the waiver and going back on hormones. Her risk of recurrence would go way up, but I don't think she can live like this for four and a half more years.

Life is short, fly fast!
< The last week in Paris | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
From the deep sea of clouds to the island of the moon | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I think I know how you feel by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #1 Sun Nov 12, 2006 at 05:29:38 AM EST
I haven't ridden in weeks.

Mrs. Ha's 3:30 am wakeups only have two more days to go, then she does a more normal 8-5:30 apprenticeship. Yay, slightly better sleep.

Flying: Accomplished by FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #4 Sun Nov 12, 2006 at 01:08:55 PM EST
Wish I had more time, and could actually go somewhere, but at least I slipped the surly bonds for a while. Airplane flew great, and I'm not too awful rusty, so it was a good time. Maybe I'll be able to give it a bath and make a short trip over thanksgiving.

Here's to more sleep, for all of us!

poor mommy by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 2) #2 Sun Nov 12, 2006 at 06:44:16 AM EST
give her a hug for me. i don't see/talk to you guys nearly enough lately.
---------
Dance On, Gir!
I did by FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #3 Sun Nov 12, 2006 at 01:05:23 PM EST
Yeah, I'm just totally jammed up with school and mommy is so exhausted with the hot flashes that neither of us have much time for anything.

We miss you, kiddo.

you've been a bit busy by Mrs FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #9 Sun Nov 26, 2006 at 10:19:36 AM EST
with wedding stuff of late, we understand. plus, i haven't been online much lately, just veggin.

Wheeee...Flyin` is Fun!!

Wheeee...Flyin' is Fun!!

I just sent the Mrs. a message. by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #5 Tue Nov 14, 2006 at 08:46:53 PM EST
I'll be in town soon.

The only people to get even with are those that have helped you.
Cool by FlightTest (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Nov 15, 2006 at 08:36:30 PM EST
Things are a bit crazy right now. She hasn't seen it yet, and we'll be out of town this weekend. Did you send a PM or email or ???

e-mail by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #7 Wed Nov 15, 2006 at 09:47:13 PM EST
maybe I used an old addy.

I'll be in LA tomorrow through Saturday. Funeral.

The only people to get even with are those that have helped you.

Sorry by FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 08:07:05 PM EST
We're leaving tomorrow right after work to go to her dad's. Would have been nice to see you again, though.