Print Story my dead friend
Love
By muchagecko (Fri Nov 10, 2006 at 04:35:41 PM EST) death, dancing, tutus, fairies, NYC (all tags)
Another message from Susan's mom.

It's been a while, but I've mentioned my friend, Susan, before. Since I couldn't summarize then, indulge me now.

I met Susan after dance class in Dec. 2004. We hit if off immediately. We had so much in common. For the next month we talked to each other for hours on the phone, and spent a lot of time together. We danced, hung out, and discussed philosophy, books, and art.

Susan wanted to get away from the city, because she wasn't feeling well. I figured she was merely depressed.

So, at the beginning of February, she took off for Mexico. I'll never forget the night before she left, she was feverish, frantic and beautiful. I'd never see her conscious again.

Last night, her mother sent a link to a movie of her. It's really great - even if you didn't know Susan.

< RFC: SF HuSi Drinks | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
my dead friend | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
#HUG# by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Nov 10, 2006 at 05:38:48 PM EST
My condolences. Susan'll have a candle lit Sunday.

And a #KISS# for you too. by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Nov 10, 2006 at 05:42:03 PM EST
On of those dry but soft and warm on-the-cheek friend ones,

That's very sweet. by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #7 Sat Nov 11, 2006 at 09:51:32 AM EST
She was definitely a light in my life.

The only people to get even with are those that have helped you.
Awww... by ana (4.00 / 1) #3 Sat Nov 11, 2006 at 03:02:15 AM EST
What a lovely tribute to a really wonderful person.

Regular, or decaf abomination? --Kellnerin

I'm grateful that someone put it together. by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #8 Sat Nov 11, 2006 at 09:55:04 AM EST
I wonder how she connected with the film team.

She knew so many different people. Wherever we went, she'd introduce me to folks. We went to a Turkish deli once, and she started ordering in Turkish (?).

She was amazing.

The only people to get even with are those that have helped you.

I finally updated QuickTime. by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #4 Sat Nov 11, 2006 at 08:57:38 AM EST
It's much different seeing her as well as hearing her speak.

I love her big, narrow nose and her unkempt hair and her big feet.

And to help fill the gap she's left since she's gone, have I got a class for you...

Susan had charisma by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #9 Sat Nov 11, 2006 at 10:02:43 AM EST
that was definitely not traditional. She could light up a room.

The your link - will it help me with my relationship with my dead friend?

The only people to get even with are those that have helped you.

Re: That Link by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #12 Sat Nov 11, 2006 at 02:55:38 PM EST
It'll help with everything. Seriously. You'll even be able to make Julienne fries. Even though the founder has passed away and the structure of the organization has changed a bit, I highly recommend it.

lovely by Kellnerin (4.00 / 1) #5 Sat Nov 11, 2006 at 09:15:41 AM EST
Proof of good things that exist on the East Coast! More seriously ... what a wonderful person to have known. Thanks for sharing what she wanted to share with others.

"If we build it, will they come, and what will they do when they get here?" -- iGrrrl
Yeah. She seems to fit into New York just fine. by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #6 Sat Nov 11, 2006 at 09:32:11 AM EST

This is truly wonderful. by toxicfur (4.00 / 1) #10 Sat Nov 11, 2006 at 10:36:00 AM EST
Thanks for sharing it with us. She seems like someone I would like to have known.
-----
inspiritation: the effect of irritating someone so much it inspires them to do something about it. --BuggEye
She was a character. by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #11 Sat Nov 11, 2006 at 11:09:01 AM EST
Never shy - if you'd come within a few feet of her, she would have engaged you. Subways, restaurants, sidewalks, wherever.

You couldn't have missed her.

The only people to get even with are those that have helped you.

my dead friend | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback