Print Story SAP, ASS-enture and SunTrust all suck!
Money
By BadDoggie (Wed Nov 01, 2006 at 03:05:27 AM EST) stupid banks, SAP sucks, mortgage (all tags)
I sold mum's condo in September and the majority of the proceeds paid off the mortgage and equity loan, so I was surprised to see an envelope from SunTrust today. It was a mortgage statement.

Somebody fucked up the data quality and de-duplication but good. They combined the "J. Doe" and "Jane Doe" accounts.

What to do, what to do...

I know this is what happened because of how SAP data quality is done. They have mey address for the billing but the property address for the mortgage. Idiots. The de-duplication variables were done too loosely and simply. If you have a SunTrust account, make sure your statements are still coming to you.

I googled the address shown on the statement and confirmed the phone number via a couple searches and they match. Satellite maps show it's a nice corner lot in a decent enough neighbourhood in Escondido.

I have a few options here:

1. Call the bank at €0.40/minute and essplain their fuck-up to a dozen people over the next week with few, if any, results.
  2. Call the occupant, tell them about the fuck-up, let him work it out and save himself all the foreclosure hassle
  3. Drive there in two weeks when I'm in San Francisco and hand him the statement.
  4. Call a real estate agent in California and sell the place out from under them. After all, I've got the mortgage.
  5. ???
Please to be voting in the poll.

Also, can someone please tell me why every fucking text ad appearing on every HuSi page I view -- including this dairy submission is for various "Jewish History" sites?

< can't stop | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
SAP, ASS-enture and SunTrust all suck! | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
WIPO: any option involving chainsaws and shotguns by lm (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Nov 01, 2006 at 03:51:53 AM EST
Or, alternatively, copy the bill, write a letter explaining the screw up and mail copies to who should be the real mortgage holder and to the president of Sun Trust.

After all, while your name may be on the mortgage, I'm guessing it isn't on the title and if you try to sell, the title company will notice the discrepancy at closing and all your effort will be for naught.

Cicero, The Republic
You mean expend actual effort? by BadDoggie (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Nov 01, 2006 at 04:07:38 AM EST
Writing a letter takes too much time, even something like, "Dear cock-gobblers, you fucked up."

I'd expect the title to be under the same name as the mortgage, namely "J. Doe". As executor of the estate of "Jane Doe" and with a mortgage being carried by me as evidenced by the bank's records and the single $600 payment I'll make from the Estate account to complete my nefarious plans, I'm sure there won't be any problems and "J. Whoever-the-fuck-it-is Doe" can get off my property.

I have to put my evil plans into action quickly. If "J. Doe" of Escondido finds out how the bank fucked up, s/he could likewise pull a fast one, getting the bank to come after me for the $96K and have the house free and clear.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

If J. Doe lives in a good sized county by lm (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Nov 01, 2006 at 04:21:55 AM EST
You can probably find out who owns title on this fancy new thing called the World Wide Web. Or at least I assume you can. Most counties in Ohio have their real estate records on line. I'd be surprised if the same didn't hold for CA.

It really isn't all that uncommon for the name on the title to be different than the name on the mortgage for any number of reasons. There may also be other considerations. In Ohio, for example, if J. Doe is married then J. Doe's spouse needs to okay the property sale.

A competent title search will bring to light your nefarious plan. But it could be the case the title company is just as incompetent as the mortgage company.

Cicero, The Republic
Also by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Nov 01, 2006 at 08:52:11 AM EST
I'd cc the bank regulator of CA and wherever your house is.
Once you get used to the idea that everything is equally true, decisions get much easier. -- johnny
I presume by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Nov 01, 2006 at 04:35:50 AM EST
(3) is a joke option. (You aren't really considering a 16 hour round trip, are you?)
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Bingo by BadDoggie (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Nov 01, 2006 at 05:05:32 AM EST
How long does it take to drive from SanFran to TJ? Maps makes it look like only a few hour drive, although the main border crossing back into the US looks to be a 3-hour wait in itself. I saw a second border crossing with much shorter lines about 10-20 miles east of the SanFranFreeway mess.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

Few? by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Nov 01, 2006 at 06:16:30 AM EST
Yes, I suppose it is a "few" as in, like, "eight or nine" being a "few" hours.

Once I drove from San Diego to Eureka (north of SF) and was very proud of myself for making it from my apartment (40 minutes north of TJ) to the San Francisco Bay Bridge in exactly seven hours. This required no stopping whatsoever, an average speed 75 mph, and ungodly unbelievable traffic luck driving throug LA.

Escondido's quite a bit north of that, though off the 5, so not much closer by car.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman

Border by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #9 Wed Nov 01, 2006 at 06:18:22 AM EST
If you're just tourizing TJ, the smart people park in the US and walk across.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Jewish adverts by hulver (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Nov 01, 2006 at 05:09:04 AM EST
It's been making me wonder for a while, but I've just loaded the site and the title was "fascist Nazi editor atreides HQ"

That might have something to do with it.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock

Perhaps. by BadDoggie (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Nov 01, 2006 at 05:32:38 AM EST
Of course, thanks to a particular word in the story I'm now getting all kinds of home finance offers. That'll teach those Jewish historians.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?