Print Story Weekends and stuff.
Furries
By ana (Mon Oct 30, 2006 at 10:20:12 AM EST) weekend, critters, music, friends, rainrainrain (all tags)
A weekend,

consisting of

a saturday, and

a sunday.

Kind of an odd weekend.

On Saturday it rained for forty days and forty nights. Behold, it was very wet. The dog was not amused at having to go out in the wet, and less amused at having to have his feet wiped when he came back in. And yet less amused at not having any exercise before nightfall.

Which was when we got the last of the 2.5" of rain for the day. So I took the dog out (whilst chicken was afrying on the stove) and played soccer with him in a nearby mini-park. He insists, as soon as he's off leash, in running across the street to sniff a particular tree (reading dogblogs, i'm thinkin), but after that if the ball is moving he's happy to stay in the park. Fortunately, the tree in question is across the non-busy street. He's a hell of a goalie; you try to kick the ball past him and he's on it.

I had been thinking of doing some flash photographs in the pouring rain after dark, so as to get the sparkly streaky effect of the flash on the raindrops. But (see above) it stopped raining before it got really dark. So, probably nothing from me for the PhotoFC this time around.

Jack Wagner or no, it was time to reset all the clocks on Saturday night. Got most of 'em, but there's always another one. The VCR, for example. The one that's supposedly synched to WWV and their atomic clock set itself sometime in the night, which is cool. I think last year we had to put it in the window to get it to do that.

Sunday was gorgeous if breezy, and I spent a large part of the day at the church. Up at 6, there at 8 to warm up for a 9AM mass; that's standard. Then after chatting with the bookstallkeeper for a bit longer than I'd intended, home for a nap, and a writing spree, and then back downtown by 3:30 for evensong at 5. Went pretty well, but there's a tradition of better than "pretty well". Aethucyn was kind enough to show up for evensong, so we had dinner in a Thai place with him afterwards.

The WFC4 is up for voting. Fun stuff, most of it.

And now, this:

My partner droolz
over power toolz.

Ahem. I'm out. Except to note that the husi spell checker doesn't have "afterwards".

< on filthy water | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Weekends and stuff. | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
afterwards by Kellnerin (4.00 / 1) #1 Mon Oct 30, 2006 at 10:33:38 AM EST
Assuming you are using the USian dictionary, the form is "afterward" and so on for all the "-wards" words.

Sorry, must be copyediting withdrawal.

Do not misuse.

Buy your partner a by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Oct 30, 2006 at 10:41:10 AM EST
Sawzall THE. MOST. AWESOME. POWER. TOOL. EVAR. MADE!

Actually... by ana (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Oct 30, 2006 at 10:44:14 AM EST
we have a bunch of unemployed steel fence posts that are set in a low stone wall; they could use cutting off (and plugging up). I'm told a "band saw" is just the thing for that job, but those words (for me) conjure a woodworking tool that's not exactly movable. Perhaps a trip to the AtoZ rental (do they still have those?) is in order.

Regular, or decaf abomination? --Kellnerin

A sawzall will make short work of those. by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Oct 30, 2006 at 10:47:20 AM EST
What you want is a reciprocating saw - which is the generic term for SawzallTM. After y'all are done with those fence posts, you'll be looking for something else to cut. Trust me. <tim_allen>Urrrr! Urrrr! Urrrr! Urrrr!</tim_allen>

Dammit! by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Oct 30, 2006 at 11:04:58 AM EST
Why must I be gainfully employed when what I really want to do is go to Home Despot now??? Oh, right. Without the job, I couldn't afford to go to Home Despot. Sigh.
-----
inspiritation: the effect of irritating someone so much it inspires them to do something about it. --BuggEye
When you get it, plspstviddyofdestructionkthx by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Oct 30, 2006 at 11:20:45 AM EST
you naughty girl you.

"you naughty *girl*?" by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Oct 30, 2006 at 05:34:26 PM EST
I do hope you're talking to ana. ;->
-----
#SIGH#. Yes. Well, actually I maybe I was still by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Oct 31, 2006 at 02:37:31 AM EST
talking to the buxom, brunette, left-coast Max via ana. I don't know. I need more coffee...

Thanks for letting me know about evensong by aethucyn (4.00 / 1) #7 Mon Oct 30, 2006 at 04:07:36 PM EST
It was the only social thing I did all weekend. And I had a very enjoyable evening. On past occassions I've either been in insomniatic delerium or a 5th or larger numbered wheel. So, it was nice to make a better representation of myself.

Weekends and stuff. | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback