Print Story Some good...some bad...some ugly.
By Alice Pulley (Wed Oct 25, 2006 at 12:57:54 AM EST) (all tags)
A diary for all seasons, I think.

Work
Money
Women
Football
Health

--------

Poll: Long distance(ish) relationships?

So whats going on?

Work wise, things are STILL going well! This is really starting to concern me. Upgrade project is going well, the technical bods on it are doing an excellent job (particularly those overseeing the offshore bods) all good (eg theres not a lot for me to do). Other project, despite being delayed considerably, is now a 'real' project, the original plan/spec I was passed by leaving PM has basically been redone from scratch and it now feels like we have something deliverable. WEIRD.

Money - meh, everyone think long and hard about getting a mortgage. STILL haven't caught up from laying out all the cash plus increased monthly outgoings, if I was more organised with £s probably would be OK by now, but its just not a skill I have. Annoying. SHOULD be more or less OK next payday (I really don't want being skint to carry on into xmas period) but being skint absolutely sucks. People who say money can't buy happiness are absolutely right, but a lack of money can definitely add to unhappiness.

Women. Oh dear. Had a bit of a grumpy communication with new woman I'm seeing on Sunday (despite having a really good time with her on Sat night). At the time I put it down to her being tired/hungover at work and me being ill/tired/hungover. This assumption was true on my part but not on hers. Her step-mum (who despite being divorced from her Dad, she is very close to) lost the baby she was carrying. Shit. She told me last night (and apologised that she must have seemed unreasonable but couldn't face telling me before). Shit. Absolutely horrible situation, but she was crying on the phone to me and there was nothing I could really say to make it better (although I obviously tried). Only action I felt would do anything was to go to her and hold her but due to (lack of) proximity, literally impossible for me to get to her by then. Hence the poll. Whether its to do with something good or bad, not being close enough to someone to get to them at reasonably short notice is tough (already).

Football. Sorry but ha ha West Ham. All the season ticket holders I know who have been calling me 'lasagne boy' for the last 6 months have now been put well and truly to bed.

Health - Feel better today than have done for weeks! Had stitches out this morning from first cyst removal and it feels weird not to have the lump there when I run my hand down the back of my head, its been there for years now! 2 more to go, just waiting for appt. Cold has almost cleared up, I think the huge amount of sleeping I've been doing has helped body get over it (10 hours Sunday night, 12 hours on Monday night, 8 hours last night). Just waiting for tests due to blood/vomit incident now, although the lack of recurrences leaves me relatively confident (if somewhat embarassed) that it was down to drinking a stupid amount rather than a sympton of anything bad.

Weekly status - unsettling.

< My Maine Man Cortez | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Some good...some bad...some ugly. | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden)
WIPO by DullTrev (4.00 / 3) #1 Wed Oct 25, 2006 at 01:05:39 AM EST

Dooooooo... ah, forget it, you never listen to me anyway.

DFJ?
I missed you, man. by Alice Pulley (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Oct 25, 2006 at 01:20:52 AM EST

Reload by Breaker (4.00 / 3) #3 Wed Oct 25, 2006 at 02:30:18 AM EST
And take better aim this time.

Drunken masters can dodge bullets. by debacle (4.00 / 1) #7 Wed Oct 25, 2006 at 12:52:14 PM EST

WIPO by Metatone (4.00 / 1) #4 Wed Oct 25, 2006 at 06:19:28 AM EST
Call that long distance? I'm here in the People's Republic of South Yorkshire and CKG is in the People's Republic of China.

And lest anyone suggest differently, long distance relationships are uphill both ways in snow up to your neck.

Of course, if it's worth it, it's worth it.

IVMAWTP by Cloaked User (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Oct 25, 2006 at 12:03:44 PM EST
Longest distance I've done is London-Oxford, with the occasional burst of London-Birmingham or Cornwall-Birmingham thrown in for 'good' measure.

It's hard. But if it's worth it, as you said, it's worth it.

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.

try by 256 (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Oct 25, 2006 at 06:40:00 AM EST
toronto-amsterdam some time.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni
long distance by komet (4.00 / 1) #8 Wed Oct 25, 2006 at 01:43:00 PM EST
it's not distance per se, it's travel viability. You have to be face to face every once in a while. If your gf is in Australia and you are so loaded you can fly down every week or two, that's fine. If you are in solitary confinement and your gf lives 150 yards away just outside the fence, it's a problem.

As for your woman, I'm sure she appreciates your attempt to transmit comfort down the phone, and your time. At least, she should.

Mortgages. Why not just cut your balls off and send them to the bank? I will never stop being a renter. What's better than phoning up your landlord when something breaks?

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.

Maybe... by Alice Pulley (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Oct 26, 2006 at 02:04:03 AM EST
True on all fronts.

<removesballspopstheminanenvelope>

fixing it yourself by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Oct 26, 2006 at 06:49:58 AM EST
Coz when you try to phone up when the heating breaks, you find your landlord has gone to Florida for a month, left no alternative arrangement, it is January, below freezing and you get bronchitis.

Some good...some bad...some ugly. | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden)