Print Story f**king Ebay
Internet
By anonimouse (Thu Oct 19, 2006 at 11:53:36 PM EST) (all tags)
anonimouse has a couple of bad experiences

experience the first
I got my account hijacked by a spoof email. On recovery, for some  strange reason I am getting a number of uncomplimentary email messages

outbid
Can you believe that someone was willing to pay £200 for a video card for my laptop, where total value of laptop on ebay = £400? Ok, this card was a bit special for its day, but compared to modern designs its only lukewarm in the performance stakes. The only benefit is this one had pixel shaders and other DirectX 8.1 compatibility allowing me to play the Medieval 2:Total War demo. I suppose will have to wait for Laptop v2.0 now :-(

< Attention FLAMINGO Loving Infidels!!! | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
f**king Ebay | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
It takes a brave man by Cloaked User (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Oct 20, 2006 at 12:17:29 AM EST
To admit that he fell for a spoof email...

I won't comment on what qualities it takes to actually fall for it in the first place

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.

It happens to us all by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Oct 20, 2006 at 12:28:34 AM EST
I am just grateful that until now I have been reasonably vigilant.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Hhmmm by Cloaked User (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Oct 20, 2006 at 01:01:07 AM EST
I aim to be the exception to that; so far, so good...

Seriously, I got an actual, printed, old fashioned, hard copy letter from my bank about a security problem with my account and didn't believe it until I'd spoken to someone at my branch, face to face. (Turned out a cash point I'd used in France had been compromised; luckily there hadn't been any activity on my account because of it)

This is not a psychotic episode. It is a cleansing moment of clarity.

repeat after me by martingale (4.00 / 4) #3 Fri Oct 20, 2006 at 12:30:15 AM EST
I will not read email in HTML mode. I will disable HTML mode on my mailer and I will warn all my friends that HTML is evil and their souls, should they choose to keep onto them for the full term of their natural lives, may suffer irreparable damage as a result of disregarding this warning.
$E(X_t|F_s) = X_s,\quad t > s$
Got a difference return by MessedUp (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Oct 20, 2006 at 09:25:02 AM EST
for a change a guy who overcharged me gave refund on tax since I'm not from UK.

Still need a jacket but that's best bought with trying on first.

My self imposed ban failed terribly so I'll be under my old Pasofol nick soon.

Have also found by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Oct 20, 2006 at 01:34:14 PM EST
That someone is advertising the video card I require for half the price, but it doesnt seem to be known about because he's using the wrong words in his title :-)

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Thats a common error by MessedUp (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Oct 20, 2006 at 02:22:08 PM EST
wrong listing name which results in a cheap price.

My self imposed ban failed terribly so I'll be under my old Pasofol nick soon.
Heh by hulver (2.00 / 0) #8 Sun Oct 22, 2006 at 06:43:07 AM EST
I just picked up a 1986 IBM Model M keyboard for a stupidly low price because it was advertised as "Must pick up", although the offer said it could be posted.

The same keyboard was up for $150 on clickykeyboards.com. I got it for £30 delivered.

Other model M's were going for £50-60 on ebay.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock

f**king Ebay | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback