Print Story My own personal animal hunt at work.
Working life
By ambrosen (Mon Oct 02, 2006 at 05:25:08 AM EST) (all tags)
I was creeping around the back of the warehouse, stalking out big game, when a fluttering sound could be heard in the distance.

I snuck around the edge of the shelf and caught a glimpse of motion out of the corner of my eye, so, BLAM!, I struck out with my Tazer and a creature jolted itself out of existence.

And fluttered down onto the floor.

The shockwave from my sudden arrival blasted the body away from anywhere near where the animal had fallen, just leaving its markings implanted on the floor where it had fallen.

Carnage

I took a trophy photo best I could, but clear as the impact mark was, the nature of it defied easy photographic record keeping, and a plume of bright light occurred as I triggered the shutter on the camera and flashed out the lower left of the picture.

Still, it's a better trophy than DullTrev thought anyone would get.

OK, I just came across the dead butterfly lying on the floor, but I had to make a story, right?

< Reflection. | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
My own personal animal hunt at work. | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden)
Hopefully by blixco (4.00 / 2) #1 Mon Oct 02, 2006 at 05:35:34 AM EST
you had not previously travelled back in time before tazering said butterfly.

Because if you had, that would explain the current political situations, and we'd have to find you and flay you.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

Correction by CheeseburgerBrown (4.00 / 3) #2 Mon Oct 02, 2006 at 05:39:49 AM EST
For the purposes of US intelligence, "flaying" is now referred to as "assisted dermal disengagement for the puposes of facilitating cooperation."

I am from a small, unknown country in the north called Ca-na-da.
If I had time travel at my disposal. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #3 Mon Oct 02, 2006 at 05:57:46 AM EST
I'm sure that I would have gone and found a weapon which is a more plausible means of knocking a butterfly out of the air and splattering its scales on a smooth concrete floor than a taser, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't me. That said, I suffer from remembering dreams as if they were real at the moment, so who knows what I could be doing in my real dream time.

Was that Bradbury? by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Oct 02, 2006 at 07:11:22 AM EST
Or Asimov? Bradbury. I think.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

I can't remember. by blixco (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Oct 02, 2006 at 07:19:29 AM EST
Pretty sure it was Bradbury.
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco
Yt was Bradbarry's by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Oct 02, 2006 at 07:51:03 AM EST
Treehouse of Horror V by Greener (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Oct 02, 2006 at 11:33:43 AM EST
Segment 2

My own personal animal hunt at work. | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden)