Print Story Attention FLAMINGO Loving Infidels!!!
Misc.
By Mrs FlightTest (Thu Oct 19, 2006 at 06:59:12 PM EST) flamingo, pink, funny bird (all tags)
All things pink, take a peak inside.

For those who just love the funny looking pink bird, I have found some lovely items just waiting for you to throw down your hard-earned cash so you can be the proud owner of this or perhaps this.

If you have small children this may make them feel safe at night.

This is a definite must have for the holidays and of course you'll need some of this for wrapping all your gifts. And lets not forget about decorating your tree. You can also hang out a different flag for 6 holidays.

No home would be complete without one of these!! And don't forget to check out these items for your next pink party.

If you still want more, check this out, or perhaps this will tickle your fancy.

Looking for something to keep your tootsies warm? Check out these flamancy socks!! Don't forget to get yourself some pretty pink lounge wear to go with your socks.

In need of a jacket that is a little different?

Slightly classier items can be found here. But I think the be all end all for all things flamingo can best be found here.

For a particular couple that was recently wed in Vegas this is a must have. I can't think of a better item to hang on the tree for their 1st married Christmas.

< Nothing better than a crying New Yorker | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Attention FLAMINGO Loving Infidels!!! | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden)
Have you considered by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Oct 20, 2006 at 02:06:44 AM EST
seeking professional counseling?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

ummmm yeah, but by Mrs FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Oct 20, 2006 at 03:58:32 PM EST
they turned me down. said i couldn't be helped, at least not for what i can afford to pay!

Wheeee...Flyin' is Fun!!

the ornament rules! by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Oct 20, 2006 at 04:05:11 AM EST
we already have some of those sites bookmarked.

is that sad?

what can I say? by Mrs FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Oct 20, 2006 at 03:55:46 PM EST
I saw the ornament & immediately said it was definitely the two of you! Anytime I see a flamingo now, you know who I think of. I still think of a certain person anytime I see an ostrich, & I haven't spoken to her in over 10 years.

Armadillos were my exes thing. Thank God we weren't together long enough for them to take over.

Wheeee...Flyin' is Fun!!

If mum was still alive... by BadDoggie (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Oct 20, 2006 at 06:39:34 AM EST
...those links would be useful. I got her started on her flamingo kick with a single pink plastic flamingo one summer in the early '80s. They were terribly hard to find, especially in DCia. Mum and dad returned from holidays to see the thing next to the mailbox. Dad hated it, mum loved it. And so it started.

Every time they'd go on hols, they'd come back to find the flock hving attracted additional members. Once they came home to see the flock lined up along the driveway, children's toy cleaning sets items (mini brooms, dustpans and such) propped up against them.

In London I managed to get a full-sized, arty Tube poster which was half of an ad. I sent it to her. And I didn't have to buy much more. Everyone was buying her flamingo gifts and anything she bought was probably flamingo motif. My father would collect the birds and hide them behind the trees in the back yard, more or less out of sight. Mum gave in and allowed them to be relegated to the back but for years these birds couldn't make up their minds whether to flock in back of the trees or in front of them. After my father died the birds continued occasionally hiding. They're shy, dontchaknow.

Crystal flamingoes. Hand-blown flamingo oil lamp. An $8000 jeweled flamingo brooche. Beanie Babies flamingoes.

I still have some flamingo-y stuff from the estate, including the poster. BG has mum's grey sweats... the ones with the flamingo appliques.

Flamingoes rock.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

Here! Here! by a user by any other name (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Oct 20, 2006 at 06:23:50 PM EST
My dream was to have a backyard and fill it with flamingos.  *sigh* Someday, someday....

I have a really cute flamingo orniment for my xmas tree.  If i remember when the orniments come out, i'll take a pic for you and Stacky.

Attention FLAMINGO Loving Infidels!!! | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden)