Print Story on visits
By clock (Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 04:54:57 AM EST) (all tags)
padre is coming to town.

my studio looks good.  really good.  stacky stained a board, we mounted it to the wall and put some instrument hangers on it.  i ordered two more so that i can get my mandolin and either my banjo or uke up on there as well.  that leaves the floor clear for the other four instruments (three that sit below and one that is "in use" near the mics).  instruments in cases don't get played.  i have solved that problem!

i've got a tiny lamp for ambient light and it feels like the room is huge.  the closet still needs to be addressed, but that will come in time.  it looks and feels like a productive space.  something i've never had before.

i sat down last night to record and enhance my mfc7 entry.  i really like it and in my opinion it only needs some minor tweaking to make it something special.  i started to suck last night, so i quit.  i got a good sketch and a more elaborate structure than "just do this for a while" but not much more.  progress sometimes comes slowly.  i'm ok with that as long as it's there.

my father and stepmother are coming for a visit.  they'll be here tomorrow and are staying through monday.  i imagine it will be a good time.  i haven't seen the old man in a while.  too long.  he'll meet my inlaws and i'm sure that will be fascinating.  i've said for some time now that stacky's dad and my dad are very much alike.  it will be interesting to see how that plays out.  they'll all be at our place for dinner friday night.  then there is the saturday event at the inlaws' to celebrate our holy union.  i'm of the opinion that my m-i-l is plotting something, but that remains unsubstantiated.  perhaps i simply need to recalibrate my spider-sense.

anyway, i feel closer to my father because of what i've been through.  i think i understand him better.  there were some similarities in our situations that i couldn't see when i was younger.  on the balance, he's a good man.  i was harder on him than i should have been and my behavior toward my stepmother over the years was inexcusable.  going forward, i'll be certain that i remember that.  the wisdom in all of this is that sometimes it isn't about whether people are good or bad, it's about the situation.  that took a long time to learn.

my poor beloved whimpered all night long in her sleep.  she's in a lot of pain and i hate that.  it's no fun when the most important person in your life is hurting.  it'll pass.

please refer to previous comments about it being too fucking hot in this state for civilized folk like me.  90 degrees in october?  what the fuck?  i guess the world will end in fire...i'd have preferred ice, myself.

i'll call an end to mfc8 voting tonight!  get your votes in now!

< Report On Things And Stuff... | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
on visits | 20 comments (20 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
closet still needs to be addressed by wiredog (4.00 / 3) #1 Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 05:19:31 AM EST
I suggest you walk up to it and say "Hello closet!"

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

but... by clock (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 05:25:20 AM EST
...how formal should one be with one's closet?  is it mr. closet?  ms. closet?  dr. closet?

what to do?  dear abbey...

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Did it go to school by blixco (4.00 / 5) #5 Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 05:45:19 AM EST
for 8 fucking years to be called "mister"?

Is it married?

I suggest using the non-gender non-offensive term: "Hello, Fucking Closet."

It can be a label as well, assuming you christen it appropriately.  "This is our fucking closet."
---------------------------------
Taken out of context I must seem so strange - Ani DiFranco

i feel like... by clock (4.00 / 1) #11 Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 07:04:49 AM EST
...i should have a sign hung over the door to the aforementioned fucking closet that reads as such.  perhaps in a cross-stitch or something?

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

You can only call it that by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #15 Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 08:36:46 AM EST
if you actually fuck inside it. Or on top of it. Or if your lady pins you against it whilst fucking.

So get busy!

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

whimpered all night? by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 05:24:14 AM EST
you're kidding.  right?

sadly, no... by clock (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 05:26:43 AM EST
...you were a bit of a mess.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

I know of a cure for cramps by georgeha (4.00 / 6) #6 Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 05:48:12 AM EST
but it only lasts for 9 months, and has severe long term side effects.

we're working on it by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 2) #7 Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 06:17:54 AM EST
you wouldn't believe the pressure people are putting us under for that very thing.

Obplspstpi -- no, wait... by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #8 Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 06:23:05 AM EST
nevermind.

Ah, sorry by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #9 Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 06:24:06 AM EST
and throw out all of clock's tightie whities and boxer briefs.

We had to get all scientific for number two, number one was easier.

boxers 4-evah! by clock (4.00 / 1) #12 Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 07:05:32 AM EST
that's all i'm sayin'...

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Kilt! by notafurry (4.00 / 1) #13 Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 07:15:49 AM EST
Nothing like a healthy breeze around the privates to make a man fertile. How do you think Scotsman's flocks got so big?

It wasn't what they were doing with the sheep.... by fencepost (2.00 / 0) #19 Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 12:51:40 PM EST

but aren't there some excruciating cramps by Mrs FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #20 Sat Oct 21, 2006 at 08:38:12 PM EST
at the end of those 9 months????

Wheeee...Flyin' is Fun!!

Obplspstmp3skthx by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #10 Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 06:24:46 AM EST
already damnit. I need more raw acoustic gee-tar music.

working on it! by clock (4.00 / 1) #16 Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 09:57:28 AM EST
i'll have the whole collection done soon-ish.  then there will be an mp3 explosion!  and perhaps an itunes offering. stay tuned!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

<tim_allen>Urr! Urr! Urr! Urr!</tim_allen by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #17 Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 10:23:07 AM EST

Situations by FlightTest (4.00 / 1) #14 Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 08:23:15 AM EST
I think there's just some things you cannot understand (or at least, are incredibly hard to understand) until you've been there. I certainly see the world in far more shades of gray than I did even 10 years ago. Hell, I haven't seen anything close to black and white since I hit 30. So many things I would have seen as absolutes when I was 20 are impossible to judge now.

Oh my... by Breaker (4.00 / 5) #18 Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 12:10:31 PM EST
stacky stained a board

I'm not down with USian vernacular, but still in the honeymoon phase then, eh?

on visits | 20 comments (20 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback