Print Story Organization
By ucblockhead (Tue Oct 17, 2006 at 02:55:31 PM EST) (all tags)
Quoth the FoML: "Just give me the fricken' milk, Mom!"

We're refinancing to get out from under the ARM interest rates. It's finally time to sign papers, but the process isn't instilling me in confidence in this company.

Yesterday a woman calls around 10 am, saying that they'd like to sign as soon as possible and asks for a time. I tell here that "tomorrow afternoon" (that is, today) would be fine. I figure I'll work at home. She tells me that another woman will call me in a bit to confirm. No one ever does. As I prepare to leave, I call back.

"Oh, I'm sure she'll call tomorrow".

This morning I get a call from the notary. She tells me "Well...I know we have an appointment at 2 pm, but I can't make it...how about 6?" This is all news to me...no one ever said anything about 2, but whatever.

Fifteen minutes ago a man calls, says he's the notary, and will arrive with papers at six. He knows nothing about anyone else. Sigh...two people will likely arrive.

In other news, I just got one of these, and the fucking thing rocks. In two ten minute periods over the course of Sunday I got it working with two Windows boxes, one iBook and one Ubuntu machine.

Now if only I could find a photoprinter that worked as well so that I could throw out this HP piece of shit.

No other news, because work has me busy, in a good way.

Update [2006-10-17 20:49:46 by ucblockhead]: I forgot to mention...I worked at home today because I last I had heard, the appointment would be made for "early afternoon".

< And there goes another one. @ . * . ! . ? . %....... | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Organization | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
When the first person arrives, by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue Oct 17, 2006 at 03:37:05 PM EST

behead them, and put their head on a stick with a sign under it that says, "Don't forget to CC me on the Appointment Memos, People."

Another problem frickin' solved!

MNS: problem solver. by garlic (4.00 / 1) #2 Tue Oct 17, 2006 at 04:36:44 PM EST

WIPO by yicky yacky (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Oct 17, 2006 at 09:47:14 PM EST

Nothing that a twelve-hour stint cleaning chimneys won't solve.

----
Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
WIPO: Never too young for Anthrax by LinDze (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Oct 17, 2006 at 11:49:33 PM EST
Milk!

-Lin Dze
Arbeit Macht Frei
OMG by lm (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 03:32:41 AM EST
I've had nothing but bad experiences with Brother printers. I decided to give them an open mind when researching multi-function devices and the sites I looked at said that Brother's devices had the worst reliablity ratings of everything on the market. That week there was news about a recall because some of them were catching fire.

But of course that was a few years ago. I'm entirely unfamiliar with more recent Brother kit.

Cicero, The Republic
Huh... by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 06:35:35 AM EST
Oh well. My good experiences all have to do with install, at which it was wonderful.

What brand do you like? (Hopefully not HP...I've had nothing but trouble with them.)
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman

What brands do I like? by lm (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 07:19:11 AM EST
My favorite is the Cannon Image Runner series. Regrettably they are priced way out of my price range so I usually settle for HP. I don't particularly like HP but they're usually the best of a bunch of bad options in my price range.

HP installs are notoriously difficult and their software sucks canal water, but for the most part pretty much anything that prints PS can simply be sent to the right port which is nice. But I also refuse to consider any of their host based or LIDIL based printers as printers. Such creatures are better classified as paperweights and door stops.

Cicero, The Republic