Print Story ATTENTION MY FAMILY INFIDELS
Death
By BadDoggie (Mon Oct 16, 2006 at 04:44:02 AM EST) (all tags)
STOP DYING ALREADY!

I get it. We're mortal. Point taken.

I kept thinking of calling Uncle Jerry last night but one thing led to another and while I got a lot done, I didn't make any phone calls. This morning I figured I could call Wednesday. Guess not.

And now I get to go tend bar and make other people happy.

< Note to local newspeople | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
ATTENTION MY FAMILY INFIDELS | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Indeed. by toxicfur (4.00 / 3) #1 Mon Oct 16, 2006 at 05:40:59 AM EST
Fuck death. It needs to stop threatening my family as well, though I haven't (yet) had the loss of a human family member in quite a long time. I'm really sorry for your loss.
Condolences by johnny (4.00 / 1) #2 Mon Oct 16, 2006 at 07:57:46 PM EST
For Uncle Jerry, I would be honored if (as seems appriate to you), you would pour a shot down the sink with  my regards (and send the bill to Buckingham Palace).

(Among my bros, we keep to the tradition of pouring a drink in the bushes (or wherever) in honor of departed kin and kith.)

Done. by BadDoggie (4.00 / 1) #3 Fri Oct 20, 2006 at 01:46:56 AM EST
Is billing Buckingham Palace a requirement or optional? Jerry had a wicked and weird sense of humour.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

Eliza Doolittle's dad by johnny (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Oct 20, 2006 at 08:13:13 AM EST
in "My Fair Lady" was always doing things like saying "Drinks on the house" and then adding "and send the bill to Buckingham Palace."

Which is a line that I have borrowed from him and used a hundred times.  Sometimes, but not often, people recognize the source.

I getthe reference by BadDoggie (2.00 / 0) #5 Sat Oct 21, 2006 at 05:05:40 AM EST
Just didn't know if you actually carried it out. My family would.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

Now that you mention it by johnny (2.00 / 0) #6 Sun Oct 22, 2006 at 09:18:37 AM EST
I never have sent a bill to Buckingham Palace.  Being a Yank, it never really occurred to me to do so.

But I think I will, next time the situation arises.

God Save the Queen and all that, what what.

ATTENTION MY FAMILY INFIDELS | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback