Print Story hedonism
Food
By 256 (Sat Jan 28, 2006 at 08:52:06 AM EST) (all tags)
for all the drugs, all the sex and all the general excess, i still can't help feeling that spreading mayonaisse on white toast is hedonism at its rawest.

i pull the blinds before i do it.

#

misslake is sleeping. she is naked. and pretty.

#

yesterday was a great day to be a bike courier. 4 degrees celsius, dry, and busy all day.

#

and yesterday evening was a pretty great evening to be a, well, whatever i am when i'm not a courier or a coder.

at the dance club there was a very pretty girl, a friend of a friend, whom i had never met before. she was a bike geek and as we danced i whispered sweet campagnolo nothings in her ear.

she was drinking pretty heavily, however, and towards the end of the evening she decided to start grinding her bits aggressively against my own on the dance floor. unfortunately, i am too much of a gentleman to really get into it with a girl who has had a lot to drink when i myself have (uncharacteristically) not. I kissed her cheek and pulled her back so that there were at least a few centimeters between our bodies. if i had had a few more, or she a few less, perhaps the story would be different.

and i had hoped to bring her back to the shawshack, which was quite nearby and make her coffee and show her my bikes and give her some kisses, but alas i did not realize she was saying goodbye when she said goodbye.

ah well.

#

i need some new shoes. i currently have four pairs, which may seem excessive to other people of the penis-having variety, but one of those is a pair of winter boots and another is a pair of cycling shoes. So i only really have two pairs of general purpose footwear. of these, i but at least a few hundred extra kilometers on my army boots while in mexico and they are starting to show it; the leather is cracking in a few places. and i have finally worn a hole in the right sole my black sneakers which i have had for going on ten years now.

unfortunately, because i have such freakishly large feet, acquiring footwear is always something of a challenge. but it is a challenge i have conquered in the past, so perhaps i can do it again.

#

watched the thin red line, had mixed feelings. the score and the cinematography were beautiful, but it kind of dragged. and i think that [variations on] the same message came across better in three kings and full metal jacket.

#

still no MFC entry. largely due to technical difficulties. i am hoping to sort those out and record one today or tomorrow. i predict that it will suck.

#

OYO SPACEJACK INFIDEL: been sketching on that comic? we should go hang out at the green room with notepads and berets and discuss our ARTISTIC VISION over cigarettes and stale coffee.

#

feeling the monetary crunch from my student loan payments as much as ever. strangely, right now it is making my want to go back to school.

#

this entry is running out of steam.

#

much love.

< "Bright Lights & Water Fights" | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
hedonism | 28 comments (28 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I am confused. by Evil Cloaked User (4.00 / 1) #1 Sat Jan 28, 2006 at 09:15:41 AM EST
You got one of them "open relationship" things going on with misslake then or what?

Also, regarding the mayo, you are a sick, sick puppy.

you could call it that, for certain values by 256 (4.00 / 1) #2 Sat Jan 28, 2006 at 09:25:34 AM EST
and... i know.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni
are you hitting on my husband? by misslake (4.00 / 1) #9 Sat Jan 28, 2006 at 03:47:29 PM EST
that sounded a little like someone was fishing for some kind of invite... ha ha ha.

but seriously, he just wanted to make the hot girl coffee, show her his bicycles, and kiss her.

who wouldn't be all for that kind of good clean fun?

yay fun! by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 1) #13 Sat Jan 28, 2006 at 09:54:55 PM EST
Well, I wouldn't by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #16 Sun Jan 29, 2006 at 12:58:59 AM EST
I'm ashamed of my much underused and neglected bikes. They don't have the patina of use and love on them that makes them to be proud of. But if you've got it, flaunt it.

Well, I wouldn't by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #17 Sun Jan 29, 2006 at 12:59:38 AM EST

No, I was checking on your availability. by Evil Cloaked User (2.00 / 0) #19 Sun Jan 29, 2006 at 04:15:05 AM EST
Still, I'd hate for you to get stuck in a strange-hair-piercings-likes-to-cycle-kinda-guy rut, so I guess I'll drop it.

Look after yourself. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #27 Mon Jan 30, 2006 at 10:15:45 AM EST
I hear her taste's so poor she's married to the kind of sicko who spreads mayonnaise on white toast.

Clearly, a *fictitious* entry. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #3 Sat Jan 28, 2006 at 09:58:52 AM EST
misslake naked. pffft.

It was not a good day by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #4 Sat Jan 28, 2006 at 11:53:44 AM EST
for everyone in Toronto to be a courier.
Science says, "YES!"
crazy by 256 (2.00 / 0) #5 Sat Jan 28, 2006 at 12:56:01 PM EST
i know that chick.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni
Good. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #10 Sat Jan 28, 2006 at 04:14:43 PM EST
Next time you see her, tell her that food isn't fucking litter and if she threw it in my car window, I'd have beaten her ass too.

Also, though he owes her some bike repair, she should pay for keying the guy's car.

That's what happens when two fucktards meet in the wild.

concur by 256 (2.00 / 0) #11 Sat Jan 28, 2006 at 04:31:17 PM EST
though food is often litter in the city.

apple core = squirrel food, compost

bag of mcdonalds leaving = litter

regardless, this altercation doesn't look like a case of "asshole motorist preys on cyclist for no good reason" despite how people might try to spin it. rather it looks like "two people aching to find an outlet for their agression do so"
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni

I agree by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #12 Sat Jan 28, 2006 at 06:46:22 PM EST
but when you bring out the baseball bat, you've gone too far.

My point was that it wasn't a nice day for everyone.

It was a nice day for me though.

How about you?
Science says, "YES!"

It was a great day. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 3) #14 Sat Jan 28, 2006 at 11:55:39 PM EST
I had to explain Electro-magnetic Theory, as applied to Super-heroes, to my son.

I'd like to hear that by ad hoc (4.00 / 3) #18 Sun Jan 29, 2006 at 03:58:36 AM EST
I think you should recap. It would go S2FP.
Science says, "YES!"
Car keying by Evil Cloaked User (2.00 / 0) #20 Sun Jan 29, 2006 at 04:28:52 AM EST
According to this, she didn't key the car. Quoting her comment in the article:
Hello all! I am the girl in the pics. My name is Leah and although I am a courier, I was WALKING my bike up Agusta when the incident took place. He was driving and opened his door (while driving) and yelling profanities he threw his beef patty on a bun out of his door. I walked over to his car, and right or wrong, I opened the door and "gave" him back his food (which he MUST have dropped by accident!) He then lost it, and jumped out of his car and threw 2 large Timmies at meand then grabbed me by my helmet and tried to toss me around a bit.It was at that point that my bike lock key (that I wear on a bracelet around my wrist) scratched his car. I have read all the postings about people sympathetic to the car driver due to the expense of repairing the scratch but sorry folks, i doubt that it will cost him anything to repair as it was a 1.2cm mark in the clearcoat only(did not damage the paint) but regardless a scratch none the less. Then with some "encouraging" from some helpfull bystanders he got in his car and drove away...or so I thought! People were comming up to me and saying that I should have him charged but at that point I just figured I had made my anti-littering point and and eye for and eye with the coffee shower, I mean I did throw that patty right. But just as I was getting on my bike to ride home he came running back and thats when the photos start. He had driven half a block and decided that the scratch was worthy of a more thorough beating I guess.

Now for a bit of clarity on a couple of things...

The blonde girl is his girlfriend...she also makes a pretty good shield from an angry mob!

I was NOT punching anyone! especially not with keys in my hand! I was just trying to save my bike (I just built it a week ago!!)

And as for the police charging him....

He took off in his car as soon as he heard the sirens....they chased him down but it is not a crime to leave the scene. They were going to charge him with a variety of things including assult with a weapon x2, mischief x2, aggravated assult, etc, but the police informed me that if I went ahead and placed those charges then they would have to charge me with mischeif for the scratch.

So in the interests of good karma (and my own sanity) I have opted to "let it go" and allow the universe to repay this angermanagement case in its own way.

And finally to those who say that i must have had a sudden case of self ritousness in regard to littering.....YOU ARE WRONG! I hate littering and NEVER do> In fact I am constantly picking up litter and make my son pick up litter at the park. I just feel that it is such a fixable issue in the world today. If everyone would not throw their own piece of litter then there would be none!! What a concept eh!?

enjoy the beautiful winter riding!

She has a kid? by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #21 Sun Jan 29, 2006 at 08:50:33 AM EST
Who put his penis in her?

well by komet (2.00 / 0) #22 Sun Jan 29, 2006 at 09:39:12 AM EST
the guy at the sperm bank jacked off to the Olson twins.

If only he knew.

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.

OMFG!!! by ammoniacal (4.00 / 2) #23 Sun Jan 29, 2006 at 10:02:57 AM EST

reading that is giving me road rage by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #25 Sun Jan 29, 2006 at 04:38:09 PM EST
Hmm, that page is getting a lot of views.. I think it's gonna come back to haunt that guy, those are pretty clear pics.

Obviously an American by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #26 Mon Jan 30, 2006 at 06:05:52 AM EST
I've also read a note from the courier this morning saying she didn't key his car. According to her, her ULock scratched the car when he grabbed and threw her against the car. Whether that's true or a revisionist memory, I can't say.

Ah! Found it.

Science says, "YES!"

So by ni (4.00 / 3) #6 Sat Jan 28, 2006 at 01:09:35 PM EST
I drank 30 oz of vodka last night and woke up with a mohawk as a reward.

Went out briefly today to grocery shop and was struck by how odd it was to attract so much attention. I guess a lot of it is just the tiny city factor, but presumably some of it is a universial thing. It's not something I plan to stick with (although I'm definitely dying it blue before I cut it off) but it was a strange experience.

Think metahistorically, act locally. -- CheeseburgerBrown

Also, by ni (2.00 / 0) #7 Sat Jan 28, 2006 at 01:18:12 PM EST
no pressure to respond, but just in case you missed this...

Think metahistorically, act locally. -- CheeseburgerBrown
thanks for reminding me. nt by 256 (4.00 / 1) #8 Sat Jan 28, 2006 at 01:51:21 PM EST
commented
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni
I've got to hand it to you by vorheesleatherface (4.00 / 1) #15 Sun Jan 29, 2006 at 12:51:45 AM EST
If I were available and a drunk hottie was putting the moves on me. Game on. I'd be making her breakfast.

ugh what a week by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #24 Sun Jan 29, 2006 at 04:07:05 PM EST
Last week was pretty busy and irritating, and I was taking work home at night. (Most of the time work is a cakewalk, but from time to time I've actually got to get a lot of shit done.) So basically I've done nothing other than practice a few crappy figure sketches.

And right now I just got back from a weekend visit with the folks. Anyway a bereted meeting at the green room would be swell. After work sometime this week?

no worries by 256 (2.00 / 0) #28 Thu Feb 02, 2006 at 07:28:17 AM EST
THIS week has turned out to be busy for me. we should hang out NEXT week though.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni