Print Story I smell a chlorine-scented politician
Hardware
By MohammedNiyalSayeed (Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 09:02:38 AM EST) (all tags)

Puppy in a sandal, kitten in a sandal.

Apparently, it's FRIGGIN' IDIOT WEEK here at work.

Yesterday, ${newBigBoss} actually asked me this question:

idiot: Mohammed, what's the URL for the test bank again?

Motherfucker, what do you mean "again"? You've worked here for six months, and you're just now asking me what the fucking URL for the test bank is? And what the fuck do you mean "the URL for the test bank"? If what you want is the URL for the externally visible test bank webserver, then that's what you ask for. The test bank is an array of machines, only two of which are visible to the outside world, and, as such, they have no UNIVERSAL RESOURCE LOCATION. But, back to the point, the entire division for which you are allegedly responsible for managing uses the test bank to test new code[*], which is eventually deployed on the live site, and six of these deployments have happened since you've been LORD ALMIGHTY, and yet, until now, you've not even gone so far as to check the site where we test our code?

Damn.

Then ${coworkerWho'sJobItIsToTestSaidCode} asked me what the http access password was. It changed over a month ago. Double++ WTF? You mean you haven't done your fucking job for a month, and you expect me to help? Good luck with that.

At least it's motherfucking Friday, y'all. Get your swerve on. I think it may be payday, too, but I can't be sure. Not without making a phone call to the bank to find out.

Fresh, Succulent Office Puppy!

I am dogsitting in the office today for fresh baby puppy, Lil' Miss B. She's an adorable couple-month-old Rottweiler, and she is totally my furry little buddy, spending her time chewing on a 2-liter soda bottle or walking around with her big furry paws, lookin' cute. It is difficult to snap pictures of her, as she wants to lick the camera when it gets anywhere near her, but I've taken a few snapshots that I'll upload once I get back home, as I left the USB cable for the camera back home.

Sooooooooooooo cute!

Man, I totally don't even feel like writing this, as I've got a big baby puppy sitting on my lap, chewing on my ear. OK, she's off to chew on her chewbone now.

On Loathing the Self

My friend Tom lives in a Puerto Rican neighborhood in Chicago, west of Western Avenue, and east of Humboldt Park. Economically, the area used to be pretty shitty, but more and more people are buying up run-down 3-flats and renovating them, then either moving in, or selling them off. The neighborhood also has a mild reputation for gang violence, which is decreasing as money pours in, and, as such, police patrols increase.

While I was visiting Tom, we were headed back from the Loop to his apartment, and he started talking about how rich, white yuppies were gentrifying his neighborhood, and the "local culture" was dying. Pretty soon, he expected, Spanish would be the second language in the area, rather than the first, and the neighborhood was on it's way to certain death, as more and more white people moved into the 'hood.

Tom is white. While he lacks the career motivation to be considered a "yuppie", he's still white. To any strawman Puerto Rican Neighborhood Advocate, he's part of the problem, not the exception to the rule. Naturally, he doesn't see it that way; it's the rich (and by "rich", I mean "able to afford buying a home") white people who are the problem. Now, he's a left-leaning caucazoid, so the appeals to class warfare are predictable enough, but down in the trenches, the "poor" are divided, and heavily so in Chicago.

After he went on his tirade of how "white people suck, except [him]", I pointed out that one of the more disgusting things about Chicago is how racially and ethnically divided it is, and how ethnic diversity is exactly what Chicago neighborhoods need, rather than the opposite of it.

"I see what you're saying... I hadn't thought of it that way."

Yeah, well that's why I make the big bucks, yo.

It's flippant, but true; so much of the slacker anti-yuppie sentiment is just plain playa-hatin', and self-hatred, based on cultural reinforcement of class war ideology and good, old sociological guilt. FREE YOUR MIND, AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW. Dare to love yourself. Or, at the bare minimum, dare not to hold yourself responsible, personally, for the oppression committed by distant ancestors.

Stein is an intellectual lightweight. His political view seems to be the same shallow tripe that newly-hatched college grads tote around when they're convinced they have the world figured out at age 21. He has zero notion of what is required to run an effective, or even useful, military. He thinks Kosovo was a swell idea.

Fucking Nerds.

This should come as no surprise to anyone who's visited this. Also, someone please to be telling Markos ZUNIGA what is, and is not, acceptable use of the term "hacker". Oh, fuck it. Retards and their false assumptions; not soon parted.

I am NEXT...

In a long line of monsters to occupy the White House. You people will weep while curled in the fetal position, longing for the days of Wine and Roses that are the Bush administration's term(s) once I start rounding up 95% of the population for what I'm going to call "Operation: International Downsizing".

Which means a friend of mine in DC has organized a fundraising lunch I must attend, legally, even if no one else shows up, in order to fully utilize the campaign tax shelter.

Heh.

Being the half of the political spectrum that values education, intellect and art, we progressives tend to have more resources at our disposal than our pocketbooks.

They are resources the right will never be able to match.

Followed with this brilliant project idea. You don't have to click on the link, really. The URL says it all. Basically, some Democrats are apparently tired of having to actually think for themselves when they read the news.

I swear to god, the next motherfucker to use the phrase "wingnut" or "talking point" in my arm's reach is getting a rectal exam from me, free o' charge. You're welcome, the world.

Now, if you'll excuse me, it's PUPPYTIME! I'm going to go lay on the floor and let her lick my face. Don't even think about trying to stop me.

[*] - Note that this is the suggested method of operation. We actually test shit by just taking it live, then waiting til users complain, as prescribed by Allah.

< Flags, Cabinet Shuffle and Nationalism | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
I smell a chlorine-scented politician | 62 comments (62 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
WTF?!? by ammoniacal (4.00 / 3) #1 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 09:12:41 AM EST
Even I know the fucking URL for the test bank.

You can't handle my complete attention.

See what I mean? by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 09:17:33 AM EST

THE DUDE IS AN IDIOT!

He can't win by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #60 Mon Jan 30, 2006 at 04:38:14 AM EST
If he doesn't check your work then he's an ignorant idiot. If he does, then he's an interfering idiot. IMHO Big Bosses don't need to see tests, that's why they have monkeys.

In a large company, that would be true by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #61 Mon Jan 30, 2006 at 08:00:46 AM EST

In a company with 8 employees, I expect Big Boss to be more like former Big Boss, who had a full grasp on what, exactly, we do. This one can't manage to go a whole week without fucking up Postfix on his laptop, which he then uses as an excuse as to why he hasn't managed to respond to anyone's email. "Oh, I sent a response to you guys... Maybe my laptop's mail server isn't working properly; I'll look into that" isn't a valid excuse to a small company of employees who've mastered the Rocket Science that is Sending and Receiving Email to Each Other.

Which is not to mention the question of why we have a Big Boss in the first place. All I know for sure is that this one is possibly the biggest idiot I've ever worked with in any job, which, considering some of the idiots I've had the pleasure of working with, is no small prize.

Yeah by The Fool (4.00 / 2) #21 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 10:35:00 AM EST
Here is the URL for my test server.

Just because they run tests on you there by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #31 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 11:15:28 AM EST
Doesn't mean that the sperm bank is what MNS is talking about.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
it's like traffic by tps12 (4.00 / 2) #3 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 09:26:12 AM EST
You don't like sitting in traffic, but if you are in traffic then you are part of the reason there is a traffic problem. OTOH, you have to get to work.

If the alternative to being part of gentrification is living in a midtown highrise, then that's not really much of a choice. As with traffic, the larger question is not whether to be a hypocrite or abandon your ideals, but what forces are in place forcing people to choose between the two and what to do about them.

I haven't been in traffic in years by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #4 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 09:33:32 AM EST

and I still get to work, because I made a choice that a lot of people seem scared to make, instead preferring that the government make that choice for them, which it won't do. I think what my slacker friend Tom doesn't like is the fact that if the neighborhood continues to be renovated, at some point, his rent is going to go up, and he's not exactly on the Path to Additional Riches with his current employment situation.

However, it is politically expedient for him to turn it into an opportunity to demonize progress, and position himself with the local working classes, since, as Latino Savages, they are incapable of defending themselves from the White Devil.

Or buy a performance car by cam (4.00 / 1) #5 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 09:36:04 AM EST
Dude, that's a PONTIAC! by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 2) #6 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 09:39:42 AM EST

What's that got to do with performance cars?

Hey! by cam (4.00 / 1) #7 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 09:42:41 AM EST
I KEEPS IT REAL! by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 2) #10 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 09:51:34 AM EST

That doesn't mean I don't know that Pontiac sucks. I mean, I lived in Michigan, dude!

Who are you? Captain Planet? by cam (4.00 / 2) #13 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 09:55:49 AM EST
You are suspect. Your tree hugging hippy ways betray you. Where is mns, and what did you do with him?

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

I've always cared about the environment. by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #14 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 09:57:10 AM EST

I think that's each individual's responsibility, not some Federal Babysitter's job.

You are against national parks? by cam (4.00 / 2) #17 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 10:12:27 AM EST
Nah, I'm down with those by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 2) #20 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 10:32:18 AM EST

Though I would prefer they survive off usage fees. I'd be willing to pay to camp/hike/bike in National Parks. Hell, I already have, though I would expect the cost to be higher were Federal money taken away.

I wish more green tech was affordable too by cam (4.00 / 1) #27 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 10:56:57 AM EST
Our house is a cookie cutter build. Much of it could do with replacing by more efficient materials/products etc. I think the next house I buy will be new, so I can spec a lot of this stuff from the get-go.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

There's a dude I sometimes see on my walk to work by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #28 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 11:00:51 AM EST

who replaced a good portion of his family's home with solar panels, which is a pretty nifty idea, I must say. However, he was working on that project when I first moved here, over 3 years ago, and only just finished it two months ago. Ouch.

s/family's home/family home's roof/g by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #29 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 11:01:45 AM EST

In my defense, I HAD A PUPPY ON MY LAP.

I have seen some around here with the same by cam (2.00 / 0) #47 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 01:40:27 PM EST
there is one house nearby that has water in glass tubes in the center of the lounge room. They are for ambient heat at night.

There must be lots of small tech/items to green a house up, or at least reduce its footprint.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

LIMPWRISTED EUROWEENIE! by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #50 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 02:49:00 PM EST
Who was it that took the idea of stuffing a big engine in an intermediate car, saying to heck with gas mileage and seeing what good old Detroit Iron could do when unleashed.

Why, John De Lorean at Pontiac, in 1963. Can you name a more American car?

So... by Man (4.00 / 2) #8 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 09:43:29 AM EST
What you're saying is that the best thing to do is to find something out of your control to blame so that you can ignore your own contribution to the problem and do nothing without feeling guilty?

Makes sense to me. Much easier to say "I wish I didn't have to drive, but those fucking oil companies killed public transit" then to actually take public transit. Or ride a bike.

Whoa, people should, like, be responsible? by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #11 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 09:52:32 AM EST

Sheer heresy, sir! SHEER HERESY!

not really by tps12 (2.00 / 0) #16 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 10:07:59 AM EST
Obviously you should think about your own contribution to any given problem. At the same time, you don't do anyone any good by living where you're happy and wallowing in guilt or by making yourself miserable to avoid accusations of hypocrisy. If I divided up my paycheck and distributed it evenly to everyone else on my block every payday, I'd arguably be living more in concordance with my ideals. But the extra $2.50 or so a week wouldn't actually do much to help any one of my neighbors and I'd also starve.

I agree, bitching about lack of public transit when it's there doesn't make any sense.

Guilt by Man (4.00 / 1) #25 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 10:47:11 AM EST
If you are a true "property is theft" marxist, then you are indeed a hypocrit if you use your income for anything but necessities.

It's far too easy to use "ideals" to point fingers at others. The true test of an "ideal" is to live by it. If you cannot live by it, then it isn't worth holding.

IAWTP and think tps12 should try it by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #26 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 10:54:02 AM EST

I will take my portion of his income and/or property in either small, unmarked bills, check, or a cardboard box, delivered to my home, please, as I am not a slave to the petrochemical-industrial complex.

I am by theboz (4.00 / 2) #43 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 01:15:33 PM EST
A slave to the petrochemical-industrial complex, that is. In fact, we're selling off one of our pipelines so we can buy an even bigger one, or something like that which I really don't care about because all it means to me is removing one entry from the "Division" table and eventually adding another one in with a different acronym.
- - - - -
right on the first part by tps12 (4.00 / 1) #32 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 11:17:04 AM EST
I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not terribly moved by accusations of hypocrisy, because it's to some extent unavoidable if you have any ideals at all. And while obviously you should try to minimize hypocrisy to what degree you can, if the end result has you living by yourself in the woods or something, completely cut off from society, then you've lost whatever hope you may have had for having some positive impact on that society.

I disagree about your true test for an ideal. By definition, ideas in sync with the status quo are easier to live by. "Give me no smoking except twenty-five feet from the entrance of a public building or give me death."

No, it's the true test by Man (2.00 / 0) #37 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 11:53:25 AM EST
Because otherwise, you start demanding that other people live up to ideals that you, yourself, won't. That attitude leads to no end of pain.

If you can't live in human society while following your own ideals, you should be questioning those ideals.

If you truly believe, for example, that all people should be fed before anyone gets to have luxuries like a television, then you should immediately sell your tv and use the proceeds at the local soup kitchen. If you don't, what you are effectively saying is that you want other people (but not yourself) to forgo luxuries like tvs. That's not having ideals. That's being selfish.

Your analogy is poor. It's more like saying "I demand there by no smoking within twenty-five feet from the entrance of a public building!" while lighting up on the doorstep of the statehouse.

you're just reiterating what you said before by tps12 (2.00 / 0) #40 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 12:15:32 PM EST
And I still disagree. I specifically take issue with your claim that "demanding others to live up to ideals you won't" is a necessary consequence of holding ideals you aren't completely true to. It is one kind of hypocrisy to argue that money should be redistributed to the poor while maintaining a middle class lifestyle, and it is another, more serious, kind of hypocrisy to argue that other people should actually sell their TV's when I won't. I think anyone with any ideals at all is a hypocrite in the first sense, whereas the second is deserving of real criticism and something people should avoid.

I wasn't drawing an analogy, I was illustrating that some ideals are easier lived than others, and that you can't determine the "worth" of an ideal by how well the people who hold it succeed in living it (whether or not you agree with California's smoking ban, I think most people would agree that it's not a particularly impressive thing to hold as a central personal ideal).

But I can analogize to illustrate what I'm talking about. Consider a hypothetical nightmare police state where you aren't allowed to sing in public. All transgressions are punished with immediate death. Imagine a person living in this state who loves to sing in public and believes that everyone should be allowed that freedom. Is her decision to keep her songs bottled up, while doing what she can to popularize her belief and get the police state to change its ways, a betrayal of her ideals? Walking down the street singing a song would be more true to her ideal, and less hypocritical, but she'd be dead and still nobody else would be allowed to sing. Where's the "worth" in that?

Inproper analogies by Man (2.00 / 0) #41 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 12:29:47 PM EST
You keep using bad analogies. A proper analogy would be a cop arresting someone for singing in public even though he believed people should sing in public.

You are conflating "rights I think I should have" with "ideals I hold about how society should be run".

It is one kind of hypocrisy to argue that money should be redistributed to the poor while maintaining a middle class lifestyle...

It's only hypocritical if you think that so much money should be redestributed that the middle class lifestyle is impossible.

If I reiterrate it's because I don't think it's getting through: If you aren't willing to do something yourself, you shouldn't be demanding that other people be made to do it.

right by tps12 (2.00 / 0) #52 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 05:45:07 PM EST
I think we're talking past one another. I'm not talking about demanding that other people be made to do something you aren't. I'm talking about advocating that people believe in and work towards a reality where demands will be made of and met by you and they.

so by Man (2.00 / 0) #55 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 08:31:36 PM EST
You're advocating people making the effort to find alternatives and work to solve problems themselves rather then bitching about traffic and blaming it on culture/corporate oppressors/the patriarchy without actually doing anything?

Good.

except for the "themselves" part, yeah by tps12 (2.00 / 0) #56 Sat Jan 28, 2006 at 03:26:38 PM EST
Community is good.

community success by Man (2.00 / 0) #57 Sat Jan 28, 2006 at 03:28:47 PM EST
requires individuals acting without direction.

okay ambrose bierce (nt) by tps12 (2.00 / 0) #59 Mon Jan 30, 2006 at 03:37:32 AM EST

s/California's/Washington's by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #49 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 02:17:07 PM EST

You can't handle my complete attention.

We were here first by Man (2.00 / 0) #51 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 04:15:41 PM EST
California was the first to stop smoke-oppression.

s/stop/start/g [nt] by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #53 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 08:19:25 PM EST
:wq!
oppressor by Man (2.00 / 0) #54 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 08:29:08 PM EST
Your evil smoke oppresses me.

I just exhaled due west by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #58 Sat Jan 28, 2006 at 07:45:46 PM EST

TAKE IT!

s/start/stop/g by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #62 Fri Mar 10, 2006 at 02:25:38 PM EST
^X^S ^X^C

you fail it by lm (4.00 / 2) #36 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 11:51:11 AM EST
The true Marxist actively seeks to increase the disparity between the capitalist and the proletariat because the Marxist dialectic cannot be complete until there are only two classes: workers and capitalists. Only then, when the workers rise up as one to throw off the shackles of wage slavery, will there be a classless society because there will only be one class.

Consequently, living a bourgeoise lifestyle brings the revolution closer with every passing day.

Cicero, The Republic
GW Bush, Marxist (nt) by Man (2.00 / 0) #39 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 11:55:43 AM EST

You have no idea by MillMan (4.00 / 4) #9 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 09:45:18 AM EST
how much fun I have forcing you to read dkos with my mind control rays.

Noam Chomsky: Well, forget about the hippies and so on and so forth.

I'm glad both of us are enjoying it by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #12 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 09:55:21 AM EST

though I doubt we're both enjoying it the same way. By which I mean I doubt you're enjoying it with your pants around your ankles like I am...

ok that is fair and you are correct by theantix (4.00 / 1) #15 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 10:00:52 AM EST
BUT, yuppiefied places are terrible to live in, so I can understand non-ethnic reasons why someone would want to prevent his neighbourhood from becoming gentrified like that.  But when the alternative is ethnic segregation and gang violence, that argument is kind of pathetic.

"kind of"

I'm young(ish), professional, and upwardly mobile by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #22 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 10:35:54 AM EST

so that makes me a yuppie, and I don't hate myself for it, so I'd not mind living in a "yuppified" place, whatever that means. I guess I just fail to see the real reason for objecting to such a life in such a place. Is it that you wouldn't want to talk to your neighbors? I don't want to talk to my neighbors now, and never have, so that'd not be much of a change for me. I think the only thing that would be different is 1) I'd be paying more rent, which, to be honest, I can afford, and 2) the places would be nicer. And by "nicer" I mean "newer, better kept, and cleaner".

well by theantix (4.00 / 1) #33 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 11:23:37 AM EST
I have the sense that you don't really know what it means for a neighbourhood to be yuppified.  Good restaurants are replaced with fancy-dancy high-falootin' places that serve crap at extraordinary prices.  Regular stores of all stripes are replaced with upscale versions of those which offer less selection of the kind regular people want.  For example, the liquor stores will stop stocking a lot of beer but instead have a huge selection of imported wines.  It will be hard to find ketchup at the grocery store but you'll have the choice of olive oils importend from any random part of the planet.  Streets that seem to have colour and personality will turn into monotone bland corporate feeling blah.  People with rat dogs in sweaters will stare and curse you for killing their imaginary children with secondhand smoke.  Look, I could go on, but I think you get my point.

Finding a new place in a neighbourhood that has a bit of flavour in it would be significantly more optimal.  Better food, better stores, better neighbourhood feel.  At least for me.

You know your mission by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #34 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 11:26:32 AM EST
throw bricks through the winodws of the local branches of the megacorps, and torch a few BMWs. The Yuppies will get the message.

oh, and by theantix (4.00 / 3) #35 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 11:29:46 AM EST
You're not a yuppie, even though as you point out you mean the technical naming convention requirements.  That term refers to a specific stereotype that excludes many of your most endearing and defining characteristics.

Aint nuthin' wrong with wanting to eat the rich by lm (4.00 / 1) #18 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 10:17:53 AM EST
Why go for white bread when you can have white meat?

Cicero, The Republic
I've been living off the flesh of the poor by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #24 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 10:39:55 AM EST

for centuries now, and I must agree; the white poor are just that much more delicious than all the other poor. Especially if you marinate them in a nice Bernaise sauce.

whatever by lm (4.00 / 1) #38 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 11:54:48 AM EST
Those of us who are in the know understand that skin color has no strong corelation to whether an animal has white or dark meat.

Cicero, The Republic
Did you hear about the liberal plan to drown out by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 2) #19 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 10:18:38 AM EST
Bush during the state of the union speech?

Nothing says "I respect freedom, liberty, human rights and the First Amendment" like trying to supress the speech of people you don't like.

There's a plan that's bound to work by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 3) #23 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 10:38:10 AM EST

and then they wonder why they keep on losing elections.

Free speech is just for the intelligent and educated people, after all. Poor, uneducated people need "liberals" to defend their rights for themare RETHUGLICANS and need to SHUT THEIR EVIL MOUTHS!

That's too nice for him by theboz (4.00 / 1) #42 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 01:10:11 PM EST
The only drowning I hope he gets is to be the first person infected with the mutated bird flu, and to drown on his own lung fluids.

On the other hand, is doesn't help those who want to drown him out during the SOTU speech. It's not like he says anything that makes him look like less of an ass or a drunk idiot. He's just going to get up there, say a few lies, make a face like he's proud of himself, and let a bunch of dipshits clap while he smirks.
- - - - -

My six-year-old expert by calla (4.00 / 2) #30 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 11:12:25 AM EST
says "that's not a puppy in a sandal. Definitely not a puppy. Guinea pig, maybe."

Leon 2001 - 2005
Then it's settled! by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 2) #45 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 01:26:45 PM EST

Guinea pig, it is!

If you didn't have to deal with fucking idiots... by theboz (4.00 / 1) #44 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 01:17:50 PM EST
...then it wouldn't be "work."
- - - - -
It didn't used to be 'work' by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #46 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 01:27:57 PM EST

Then they canned the non-idiot. I'm so ready to retire.

Me too by theboz (4.00 / 2) #48 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 01:42:55 PM EST
I'm trying to get myself to a place where I can become a manager in a year or two (maybe even sooner depending on how $large_project goes), and once a manager I can spend all my time on other stuff, just like my manager and director do, and then retire.
- - - - -