Print Story Puppy update, etc.
By barooo (Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 07:32:49 AM EST) (all tags)

Teh dawg is doing better.

Her poops have firmed up, and there's no more blood.  I switched her off the canned I/D food this morning, we'll see how she handles that.  Other than that, she's got a couple of days left on her antibiotics and we'll probably take her in tomorrow morning for a parasite check.

I got my official offer yesterday.  Same salary I'm making at $consultingFirm, convert on Feb 1.  I accepted yesterday afternoon, and $consultingFirm was cool with it.  The benefits here are really good and I think as an employee I'll get to work on more cool stuff.

I've been fighting trying to get V2 of Chainsaw to work since yesterday afternoon.  Chainsaw is basically a GUI log viewer, which would be really handy.  But I can't get the damn thing to actually recieve log messages.  Don't know if my log4j configuration on the app is fucked up, or if my Chainsaw configuration is fucked up.

Update: Finally got Chainsaw to work, I had forgotten that my app was using a log4j properties file other than the one I thought it was using, so I was defining my appender in the wrong file.

Former Cubemate is coming to town, I told him to give me a ring and we'd meed up for a drink.  He'll probably call at like 12:30 from some lame-o bar, but hey.

I'm hungry.  It's lunchtime.  I'm thinking chipotle needs to get in my belly now.

< Updates | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Puppy update, etc. | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden)
What was the diagnosis? by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 07:49:45 AM EST

inconclusive by barooo (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 08:36:03 AM EST
as yet.  He couldn't get a good sample for testing.

man, i need a beefy taco now.
-gzt
Ick! Wouldn't he want a by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 09:02:57 AM EST
"bad" sample anyway?

I guess by barooo (4.00 / 1) #6 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 09:30:25 AM EST

He needs actual poop, because certain parasites wouldn't necessarily show up unless he got a "good" sample.  The sample I took in was pretty much just mucus and blood, and he wasn't able to get anything brown by swabbing her (poor dog, although being a lab, anything short of a baseball bat to the head doesn't get her attention, so she didn't notice the 8" q-tip up her ass because someone was HOLY SHIT SKRITCHING HER EARS!!!11!1TWELVE1).

man, i need a beefy taco now.
-gzt
EAR SKRITCHING ZOMFG!!!infinity!! by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 11:38:29 AM EST
WHO CARES IF BUSH IS PREZIDUNT!!!!!

Glad to hear the dog is okay by mmangino (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 07:52:55 AM EST
It always makes me nervous when they don't feel good. Between the buckeye eating incident and one dog drinking a quart of motor oil, we've had our share of scares.

Virtual Online Puppy Hugs for TEH DAWG by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 09:07:35 AM EST

Also, I may have to switch off the canned food to see if that firms up my stool. Er, stools. Poops.

Puppy update, etc. | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden)