Print Story oooh, shiny
By ChiefHoser (Wed Sep 14, 2005 at 11:20:24 AM EST) (all tags)
Attention bike people

[Warning: little, if any content]

Kona just released preview photos and specs for their 2006 bikes. They have really taken the cake this time. My eye is on the Jake the Snake (too busy to link), might be able to swing it next summer.

< on misc. | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
oooh, shiny | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
The PhD by blixco (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Sep 14, 2005 at 11:57:04 AM EST
looks a lot like my current bike (except my seat isn't also used as an instrument of truth).
---------------------------------
The farmers always win.
They all look the same to me. by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Sep 14, 2005 at 12:05:58 PM EST
What's the point?

Watchoo talkin' 'bout, willis? by DanTheCat (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Sep 14, 2005 at 12:24:27 PM EST
Don't troll the cyclists!

Dan :)
--------
this vague little smile is my all-purpose expression
the meaning of which I will leave to your discretion

Poo! You caught me! by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Sep 14, 2005 at 02:03:03 PM EST
But I still can't tell the difference.

This will go down on your permanent record by DanTheCat (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Sep 15, 2005 at 04:44:54 AM EST
Time to see the optometrist then?

Dan :)
--------
this vague little smile is my all-purpose expression
the meaning of which I will leave to your discretion

Going down?... Permanently?... by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Sep 15, 2005 at 05:01:22 AM EST
Cool! I hope there's enough room under my desk!

Yeah by webwench (4.00 / 3) #8 Wed Sep 14, 2005 at 01:12:59 PM EST
If it had like 1800ccs and a sidecar, I might get a little more excited. But a bicycle, that just smacks of effort!

Hey, nice by DanTheCat (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Sep 14, 2005 at 12:21:54 PM EST
Being a cheap bastard, I'll be hoping to pick up a 2005 Dawg $WHATEVER, depending on availability and price, when the sales start.

Naturally have to check the specs to make sure there are no significant changes that I might like to have.

Dan :)
--------
this vague little smile is my all-purpose expression
the meaning of which I will leave to your discretion

Saw them at the Eurobike two weeks ago by maeddi (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Sep 14, 2005 at 12:31:06 PM EST
Kona is famous for its Freeriders and Dirtjumpers. They should keep out of the road racing market.

personally i don't like the Jake the Snake...
But if it's priced about 1000$ then it would be ok.
Especially the brakes look a bit crappy
I think the fork looks quite cheap, like it was built in 1990. Reminds we of the GT Zascar we assembled today.

Technically it's a 'cross bike by DanTheCat (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Sep 14, 2005 at 12:37:40 PM EST
But yeah, I agree the forks look cheap and don't match the rest of the bike very well.

And that's about the price point too.

Dan :)
--------
this vague little smile is my all-purpose expression
the meaning of which I will leave to your discretion

Ooh, the '92 spearmints are out! by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #7 Wed Sep 14, 2005 at 12:53:19 PM EST
</Calvin>

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
a road bike? by Greener (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Sep 14, 2005 at 05:19:18 PM EST
in my neck of the woods the average bike is dual suspension with at least 6 inches of travel.

oooh, shiny | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback