Print Story tps12
Films
By tps12 (Fri Aug 26, 2005 at 07:01:15 AM EST) 2 Fast 2 Furious, trousers (all tags)
One of the internets' premiere weblishers.

So I don't know if anyone remembers that my girlfriend had found fraudulant charges on her debit card a couple weeks ago. The bank is covering the money, but it seems they've sent her a separate letter asking her to confirm each bad charge. I opened the mailbox the other day to find 27 identical envelopes addressed to her. Weird.

My latest purchase from Amazon arrived, and our Buffyverse video library is now complete. Should maybe adjust my insurance policy to protect the investment.

Last night I got home at two, and 2 Fast 2 Furious was just starting on The Best Movie Channel in the World, EWAM. Having not seen it since it was in the theater (opening night? Quite possibly), I watched the whole thing. Such a good flick. But now I'm tired.

I found a hole in my trowsers. :(

The poll is maybe a bit confusing, but extremely important. Try to think of it as, if someone said to you, "she talks about $x all the time," what would you interpret that as meaning?

< I can't write a diary | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
tps12 | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I think you're confusing content with delivery by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Aug 26, 2005 at 07:06:57 AM EST
mechanism, but as McLuhan said, the medium is the message.

yeah by tps12 (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Aug 26, 2005 at 07:20:42 AM EST
It's really just metonymy, isn't it. If you talk about lots of things, and the only common thread is that they are all TV shows, then that's a handy verbal shorthand (shorttongue?).

CC by DesiredUsername (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Aug 26, 2005 at 07:33:31 AM EST
Didn't a brother or boyfriend of a sister or someone have your/her wallet recently? I hope they call me to the witness stand, since my memory is sharp as something very sharp.

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
her brother, my wallet by tps12 (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Aug 26, 2005 at 07:39:46 AM EST
It wasn't that kind of pattern though. It was like a bunch (I'm guessing nine, since charges for three months would come to 27 letters in my mailbox) of charges to places like TLG*GREATFN, TLG*AUTOVANTGE, and other TLG*'s, for like $1 each the first couple months and then going up to $13 or something each.

Woo hoo by The Fool (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Aug 26, 2005 at 08:45:45 AM EST
All night vampire slayage, while you wait.

Genitalia by debacle (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Aug 26, 2005 at 11:23:10 AM EST
Was this hole in your pants guarded by a beaver?

*Ahem* by Rogerborg (4.00 / 2) #7 Fri Aug 26, 2005 at 11:32:54 AM EST
That's Willowverse.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
tps12 | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback