Print Story Moving, keep on moving
By stark (Fri Aug 12, 2005 at 08:51:16 AM EST) photos, photo, edinburgh, gardening, foo fighters, cv, parents, royksopp, review (all tags)
Jubilee line is broken. Dammit. Heigh ho, I didn't want to get home today anyway </sarcasm>

Inside: photo of the day, gardening, listening, CVs and a poll! Wow!!!1!

Gardening
As predicted in the previous diary, am feeling slightly annoyed about feeling guilty for not having done more preparatory work. Am trying to figure out if we can hire a van, but it's already too late. Anyway, I'm sure we can cope.

Having the parents over seems to elevate my stress levels by about double. They're lovely people, but they expect so much of me and I worry about disappointing them.

Work
We received a CV from an Indian consultant which was fifteen pages long. We were suitably impressed by his verbosity. See poll...

Listening
Got the new Royksopp album. It's not bad; there's some catchy tracks on there. One or two have rather too much of an 80s electro-pop feel for me at the moment. There's about seventeen tracks on there so I might need a few more listens to get an overall opinion.

Considering buying the latest albums by these artists:

Thoughts?

Link of the day
* I rather liked this video of stone sculptures being un-destroyed.

This is taken at the bottom of the Mound, in Edinburgh, of the Gallery of Scotland. More Edinburgh photos here.

For maximum bonus points, spot where the CCTV camera was before I edited it out of the picture.

< Whatever | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Moving, keep on moving | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Foo Fighters by ChiefHoser (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Aug 12, 2005 at 08:56:46 AM EST
I picked up the album, it was pretty cheap (especially once one considers that it is a double album) and it is pretty good.  It isn't great, but the foo fighters still know how to rock.
--------------

Chiefhoser
Thanks by stark (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Aug 12, 2005 at 09:10:56 AM EST
Only nine quid at Amazon, so I might bag a copy. Reviews are mixed but I figure for that kind of money it's worth it.

If nothing else, I'm seeing them at the Leeds festival, so I'd like to be able to recognise the songs :-)
U.S. Patent 5443036 concerns a device for encouraging a cat to exercise by chasing a light spot.

I take it it's cheating, by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Aug 12, 2005 at 08:58:26 AM EST
if you vaguely know where the CCTV camera is from memory.

Kind of cheating by stark (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Aug 12, 2005 at 09:12:40 AM EST
But you get to admire my amazing Photoshop skillz. Where do you think it was?

The Healing Brush is really pretty good, when you get the hang of stopping it doing stupid stuff.

To be honest, by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #5 Fri Aug 12, 2005 at 09:15:34 AM EST
I only know it's somewhere on that corner.

You got the colour lovely. I miss Edinburgh.

CV length, bonus points by xth (4.00 / 1) #6 Fri Aug 12, 2005 at 03:34:42 PM EST
I think it depends on experience and seniority of position. Two pages max for juniors, three max for seniors. There's nothing worse than a printed page crammed full with too much information.

The CCTV is somewhere in Scotland. I claim my bonus points.

Nice video links btw.

[Thanks for your interest in xth's comments. This accont is now spent]

Congratulations! by stark (2.00 / 0) #7 Sat Aug 13, 2005 at 08:56:51 AM EST
You're a winner! To claim your bonus points, please send £50 and a self addressed envelope to:

Claims (CCTV promotion)
Bollocks St
New Malden
Surrey
KZ4 48L

And remember, points mean prizes!

Royksopp by MillMan (4.00 / 1) #8 Sun Aug 14, 2005 at 07:05:49 AM EST
Been listening to the new one for a month now (31337 pirate I am). Not as unique as their first album, but it's still very good housey music. I go back for repeated listens more than I'd think. Catchy.

Moving, keep on moving | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback