Print Story It was in the middle of a high priority call
Family
By georgeha (Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 07:53:59 AM EST) (all tags)
that the four year old had an accident. I began to suspect it would be a bad evening.

Then I found the cat vomit, it was a bad evening.

Plus, the Goat pains me, nuclear war positing, busy weekend and more!

Poll: Favorite painkiller?

I'm getting sick of being on call, I only have to hold out until Monday, I hope.

I had a tough call last night, the kind that might make me fly somewhere, and then four year old had an accident because she's not great about being in touch with her bladder. Mrs. Ha was working, so I had to deal with the bath, mopping up pee, picking up drenched clothing and all while still talking on the phone. Gah.

Then there was cat vomit, Mrs. Ha getting home late, the kids getting in bed late, three ales to show my support of the Brits and leftover pesto and tortellini before staggering off to bed, leaving the dishes to Mrs. Ha. Meh.

I have found my bike to be less painful to ride than driving the Goat, my knee does not like having to flex to do the clutch. Wednesday we go to discuss my Xrays and bloodwork and see what can be done before I turn into an invalid. Joy. I doubt I'll get anything to help with the pain either, my doctor is great, but she's really reluctant to pass out the narcotics.

One of the finds at the ABVI was the Silent War, an entertaining read by a Navy Chief Scientist going into the undersea Cold War, including the investigation of K129, a Russian nuclear missile carrying sub that sunk near Hawiai. He hedges around quite a bit since so much of Project Jennifer is still classified, but he likes to hin that the sub was a rogue, and was mortally damaged when it launched a missile towards Hawiai without proper authorization. He posits the missile blew up on launch, as part of it's fail safe. It's certainly interesting, and chilling. Blind Man's Bluff is probably better, I should track that down from the library.

We're planning on going to the local amusement park Sunday, and nearly nine year old is taking a friend to help celebrate her upcoming birthday. I hope it's not raining.

Then again, I will still have the phone. I suppose I can enjoy the water rides, provided I check the phone every hour or so. And I can ogle all the chicks in their swimsuits.

< My name is not Luka | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
It was in the middle of a high priority call | 18 comments (18 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
WIPO: by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 07:59:54 AM EST
PESTO!

Well, it helped my back.

Prolly the fresh garlic in it by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #2 Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 08:03:02 AM EST
that stuff works wonders.

personally by alprazolam (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 08:07:09 AM EST
i'm a big fan of anything opium-derived.  although i voted for something more obvious.

Thanks to the wonders of Husiscoop by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 08:16:11 AM EST
you can vote for several things.

They give me great joy. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 10:31:29 AM EST
For they make my poo solid, which is something no other drugs do.

Amusement parks in the rain by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 08:22:27 AM EST

I love going when it rains. The lines are so much shorter. And the annoying "other people", so much fewer.

The safety nazis would probably shut down the ride by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 08:24:14 AM EST
s, even the water rides. I'll be stuck under a tin roofed shelter with cranky bouncy eight year olds.

Do they like lame amusement park pizza? by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 08:27:59 AM EST

The pizza joints never close, as they're all indoors. Like Chuck E. Cheese, only thinner crust, and fewer ball-pits. And less Skee-Ball.

Litany of Fear by Improbus (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 08:40:14 AM EST
Is this the Litany of Fear?

The Bene Gesserit Litany against Fear.
Pg 19 of Dune

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago. --- Oma Desala
WIPO by tps12 (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 08:56:43 AM EST
A big plate of red beans and rice.

didn't miss her by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 09:07:14 AM EST
baby got back

WIPO by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 10:08:54 AM EST
sex!

Ha ha by hulver (4.00 / 1) #14 Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 10:35:32 AM EST
He's married rememeber.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
married people have sex by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #15 Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 11:25:28 AM EST
you know anonimouse and MusicGirl.

he's done it twice! by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #16 Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 11:31:34 AM EST

and will do again+++ by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #17 Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 02:40:01 PM EST
though we're still in the throes of increased depression, with all the turmoil that that causes.

what about celebrex by mmangino (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 10:20:45 AM EST
My mom was considering having her other knee replaced, she started taking celebrex and is doing great.

WIPO: by Orion Blastar (2.00 / 0) #18 Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 05:02:51 PM EST
Shotgun. No brain, no pain.

Life is pain, but there are some things that are worse than death.

"I drank what?" - Socrates after drinking the Conium