Print Story Slept In The Car
By jump the ladder (Thu Jun 09, 2005 at 01:23:24 AM EST) (all tags)
Yes, I was so drunk on tuesday night that I managed to hand my door keys to taxi driver as change for a tip and then realised my mistake when I failed to get into my flat. Was also so drunk that I thought sleeping in my car was a good alternative. Still at least I was well in time for work the next day as the car was bloody cold and uncomfortable at 5:30AM in the morning.

Poll: you hate your job so what do you do?

Comedy club

So went to the Ginglik club underneath Shepherds Bush Green on Tuesday night in a converted gents toilet. Nice place and apart from the enterance you wouldn't have thought of it's former use. The line up was Mark Thomas and Daniel Kitson. Mark Thomas was much funnier than his TV show although fairly predictable in his targets : War on Terra, Blair and Bush. Kitson did much more edgy stuff, weas quitefunny but went on a  bit too long. Meejaman inevirtably met a couple from the beeb who were very pleasant. Got v. drunk indeed.

Work

Low pressure, set your own deadlines type role plus have to keep a system running. Landed on my feet yet again. Also more drinking pals and more fit women.

Road charging

Not sure about this. Probably will affect me as much as the congestion charge in London ie: not much as I use public transport to get to work. But not 100% happy that our civil liberties loving govt gets to know the exact location of my car at all times.

< Wanking on sunshine | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Slept In The Car | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
OMPI by martingale (4.00 / 2) #1 Thu Jun 09, 2005 at 01:46:44 AM EST
Put on dark sunglasses and a heavy green parka, step into your bulldozer and mow the place down to the ground.
$E(X_t|F_s) = X_s,\quad t > s$
Wow by nebbish (4.00 / 2) #2 Thu Jun 09, 2005 at 01:49:10 AM EST
That is drunk. I'm impressed you made it into work.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Hmm by jump the ladder (4.00 / 1) #4 Thu Jun 09, 2005 at 02:21:45 AM EST
Well I didn't have anywhere else to go apart from turning up to work. Plus work has showers.

working showers? by martingale (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Jun 09, 2005 at 02:26:44 AM EST
Ok, you know they only fix those things if they're about to sell the building, right? Have they started laying carpet yet?
$E(X_t|F_s) = X_s,\quad t > s$
That's pretty drunk, but... by ajf (4.00 / 3) #6 Thu Jun 09, 2005 at 02:27:59 AM EST
... how off his face must the taxi driver have been to accept a set of keys as a tip?

"I am not buying this jam, it's full of conservatives"
Well by jump the ladder (4.00 / 1) #8 Thu Jun 09, 2005 at 02:30:17 AM EST
I just gave him a big handful of shrapnel (2s, 5s and 10s) which included my doorkeys. I think he was just glad that I didn't heave in his taxi to be honest.

He's probably really happy with that tip by priestess (4.00 / 2) #12 Thu Jun 09, 2005 at 05:03:53 AM EST
I'd be happy if someone gave me a London Flat as my tip.

What's the odds that he's squatting there when Nobby gets back from work?

Pre..........
---------
Chat to the virtual me...

BTW by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #13 Thu Jun 09, 2005 at 05:06:52 AM EST
Are you going to PA tomorrow?

Nah by priestess (2.00 / 0) #14 Thu Jun 09, 2005 at 05:13:06 AM EST
It's their 5th birthday bash, but I'm gonna miss it because I need to get my rest and sleep ready for going to Shpongle's new album launch party on Saturday in Bristol.

Pre...........
---------
Chat to the virtual me...

Sounds cool by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #15 Thu Jun 09, 2005 at 05:37:35 AM EST
Have a good one :)

Aahahhaaha! by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Jun 09, 2005 at 02:03:02 AM EST
TAKE THAT, HIPPIES!  I'm buying me a stable of V8s and putting them in storage before the prices go through the roof.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
I asume the V8s are by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Jun 09, 2005 at 02:36:13 AM EST
MG ZT 260s then as they are as cheap as chips at the moment.

What else? by Rogerborg (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Jun 09, 2005 at 03:19:58 AM EST
Hmm, the 75 does have a big steering wheel, although I prefer to refer to it as the 'helm'.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Keys by Herring (4.00 / 3) #7 Thu Jun 09, 2005 at 02:29:34 AM EST
Blimey.

I keep all my stuff on one keyring. I'm unlikely to mistake this bunch (remote locking keys for both cars, SecurID fob etc.) for change, no matter how drunk. Never say never though.

Oh, and poll: If everyone just changed jobs, then there would be very little content on here.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky

Just had two keys by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Jun 09, 2005 at 02:31:52 AM EST
On a little key ring. And my car keys are a bit broken so aren't on that.

You must be Spock or Captain Kirk. by Tonatiuh (4.00 / 1) #16 Thu Jun 09, 2005 at 02:55:13 PM EST
That is the impression I get when I read your diary, always surrounded by fit women some of whom want nothing but your bones.

I am not questioning the veracity, I am just bloody envious.

Slept In The Car | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback