Print Story My exit strategy
By extremely tedious HuSer (Thu Jun 23, 2005 at 09:01:01 AM EST) (all tags)
I'm off to the pub.

But not before I tell you, fine Burghers and Burgherettes of HuSI, about some crazy and hard Japanese bands I have been listening to today.

Melt Banana do a great version of Kraftwerk's Showrooms Dummy.
The Boredoms have a song called Acid Police which I just love, it's so funny, but everyone who I made it listen to get this pained expression as if were listening to someone scratching a blackboard with a rusty nail.
Which, funnily enough, is exactly what Merzbow sound like - except it's 200 rusty nails at different pitches, all running through a stack of distorions boxes. I thought I was a musically strong lad, I can listen to anything, anything at all, without flinching. But Merzbow, I must admit, are just too fucking hard. Blimey.

Cool, now that's out of the way I can go and sit in the pub, wait for my mates while I alternatively browse the internet on my PDA and test my latest theory on ogling. The theory goes something like this: if they are carrying peanuts, that's because they actually want you to look at their jugs, if they are not one has to respect their privacy. We shall see ho that pans out.

Thank you very much, and have a nice day.

< Technology | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
My exit strategy | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
but are they punk ? by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Jun 23, 2005 at 09:04:50 AM EST
no tact

Bottoms up! by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Jun 23, 2005 at 09:05:26 AM EST

And in the small world category, I've been listening to Merzbow all afternoon. Anyway, good luck with the oggling.

So you think you are had, huh? by extremely tedious HuSer (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Jun 23, 2005 at 09:59:38 AM EST
Listening to Merzbow  for a whole afternoon. Show off, why don't you?

Heh by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Jun 23, 2005 at 10:02:11 AM EST

I find it helps motivate me. Like, "If I just finish this fucking script, I can leave this room and go outside and have a smoke and get away from the GODAWFUL PAIN FROM THE NOISE!" type motivation.

OMGWTF!!!111whatiftheyareholdingpretzels by ROFLCOPTER (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Jun 23, 2005 at 09:06:27 AM EST

Poll Response: by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Jun 23, 2005 at 09:20:08 AM EST
He was a despot, not a punk.

Japanese bands by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Jun 23, 2005 at 10:08:54 AM EST
I just bought Yoshida Brothers. So far, so good.

Hooray for the pub! by pinkcress (4.00 / 1) #8 Thu Jun 23, 2005 at 11:44:47 AM EST
I wish I was in one.

Jap Punk by creo (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Jun 23, 2005 at 01:05:27 PM EST
I remember in my first year of Uni seeing a Jap punk band (I think it was Star Club) - they were fricking brilliant. This was circa '85 - I remember their bassist was just hurking the biggest lurgies onto all the decadent roundeyes in the mosh pit, and that there was the occaisional empty can artfully dodged.

It was great. Most of the set was Japanese, but it was angry and LOUD - that was all that mattered.

Cheers